VM Wifi going off and on all day

zack

Hi has anyone else having probs with vermin , wifi signal off and on all day ,its doing my nut in..lol

hi i googled it and there saying there are no faults but loads all over uk are getting no getting any wifi at all last few days , one guy says there moving 02 signal , but vermin saying nothing wrong , when you go on detector site last time looked 59% probs with wifi but there saying nothing is wrong, fk typical bull, but seems nobody on here saying anything is wrong .

no problem here, been on it all evening, have you tried rebooting your router?

Yes i have even reset it, will put it off for 10 mins see that helps, its near unwatchable if you know what i mean.

Happens here all too often, usually a reboot of router fixes it, but every so often , we have to ring them, they have re sent a signal several times to our router, and after that, it works great for about a week, but overall we probably get disruption a few times a day every 2 or 3 days. Every time it plays up, I then check my vpn on my E2 box, after it settles back down, thats if I havent done a reboot, and every time, its turned off, as before it had been on, could be the loss of internet connection doing that, but not sure, whenever we have had to phone them up, they always ask what devices are connected to the router.

Last edited:
I don't use the hub as a router these days as it was always dropping connection for one device or another, put it in modem mode and then connected 3rd party router and not had a drop out since
May well take a look at 3rd party router myself, could be an option for Zack aswell.

hi i googled it and there saying there are no faults but loads all over uk are getting no getting any wifi at all last few days , one guy says there moving 02 signal , but vermin saying nothing wrong , when you go on detector site last time looked 59% probs with wifi but there saying nothing is wrong, fk typical bull, but seems nobody on here saying anything is wrong .
When you say WiFi do you mean no internet at all?
Do you have any hardwired devices that remain connected when WiFi goes off?

Power router off for five minutes minimum then let it fully restart before trying it again

Virgin Media superhub is not really good, I also used my connection in modem mode not one single drop out since then..make sure 3 rd router has Gigabit (1000) wan ports attached to get the full speeds of your connection.

I gave it a good 10 mins and it seems to be lot better, like graham says it does not last long some days worse than others, i hate that super hub 3 , wish give me something better, def lot better , trust me to do wrong one reset it was wrong one, see how long it lasts, thanks for your help lads..

I got a good 30 mins going great guns, started losing connection again. i hear same 02 are up to something.

oh i got you , i kinda get lost wifi ethernet router , i just put router off 10 mins def lot better lost signal 4 times, i was losing that evey 2 mins, so its lot better thean what it was..thanks

But wired device was manic yesterday wasn't just WiFi connection.

Definitely some issues happening with VM network in certain areas.

Alot complaining of drop outs on down detector when I checked.

If Down Detector says you have an issue you have to wait until its fixed and vm always had issues with their hubs and people were told to add a better wireless router and vm hub into modem mode only. Only thing here on wifi is laptop but our vm is Irish and better.

If Down Detector says you have an issue you have to wait until its fixed and vm always had issues with their hubs and people were told to add a better wireless router and vm hub into modem mode only. Only thing here on wifi is laptop but our vm is Irish and better.
Tbh wired connection never had such issues until recently. Wifi is what it is with their crappy hubs.

The o2 theory does seem plausible with so many people experiencing similiar issues.

Well I got my new VM Hub 5 delivered today changed SSID and pasword to the ones I had on the VM Hub 3. was connecting to laptop upstairs disconnected about 3 times while i was trying to edit it , got it done eventually then put it into modem mode then plugged my deco m4's back in wifi great again :ROFLMAO:

Again last night my broadband played up, took a good half hour before it went back to normal, then about an hour later same again, ended up just turning all the plugs off before going to bed, then this morning internet was ok, but the Virgin V6 box is not working, same thing happened last June, they are sending an engineer out on Friday.

Back