VPN Stuttering

inxy

Using PIA on my Zgemma star 2s. When I start running the VPN it stutters slightly every 10 seconds. Tried changing the DNS to the VPN providers but hasn't changed anything.

Any suggestions?

I use PIA on my solo2 when the EPL on.

I originally used a ROI ip address which stuttered every 10 seconds or so!

Once i changed location to a dutch ip address everythings fine! Doesnt stutter at all! FHD plays flawless.

Changing your location may help!
I didnt change any DNS settings.

I use PIA on my solo2 when the EPL on.

I originally used a ROI ip address which stuttered every 10 seconds or so!

Once i changed location to a dutch ip address everythings fine! Doesnt stutter at all! FHD plays flawless.

Changing your location may help!
I didnt change any DNS settings.
I am using NL at the minute but still constant stutter. Definitely not my internet speed as I am on Fibre Max. Do you mind screen shotting me your config file so I can see if I have anything in there I shouldn't have.

Put all your files from pia in a folder called openvpn and ftp them to the etc folder.

Dont put the openvpn folder in etc/enigma2

have had similar issues with pia using a local server on a wrt1900AC. will change over to another one tonight and see if it makes a difference. I find this only really happens during peak times. I was working from home yesterday and was able to watch the ODI with no issues. Half tempted to get a linsys wrt3200AC with DD-WRT and start again

It's funny as my cheapo GL.Int mini travel router is able to keep a more consistent connection compared to the linsys.......

I am still getting really bad stuttering in 15-20 second batches. Then it runs fune for 5 mins again then stutters starts again. Any ideas what it could be?

If your vpn is connected to a UK location it's uk isp traffic shaping. Try connecting to the Netherlands. Does the same with me. Sometimes it's fine on a UK location. Then it can stutter and freeze

@inxy

Im getting abit of stuttering today as well on FHD channels! Must be alot of users on the NL server.

I switched to a HD channel and everythings fine again. Hasnt stuttered in over 2 hrs.

What download speed are you getting on your zgemma running your VPN?

@inxy

Im getting abit of stuttering today as well on FHD channels! Must be alot of users on the NL server.

I switched to a HD channel and everythings fine again. Hasnt stuttered in over 2 hrs.

What download speed are you getting on your zgemma running your VPN?
I'm using a vu solo 2. Getting 42mbps with a linksy 1900 acs router and a openreach modem. Vpn expressvpn

Back