Vu+ Solo2 SE image?

Janso

TK Veteran
Hi,

Where can I find an image for this? looked on the OpenATV website and flashed it with that but it doesn't seem to like it and it's in a bootloop at present.

0ffffa8a88c8b3a952cd11c2a9a83666.jpg
I'm starting to think this might be some sort of clone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will it not take OpenATV? Is that the problem do you think? But I'll give vix a go and see if it gets me anywhere.

How can I find out if it is or not? I'm suspecting it is now.

cable or sat box is it?

yes its a clone =sunray

used google images to see the cover of box,if you used original image it could be a lost cause,it would have to be a reflash with bootloader or jtag?

Last edited:
They can be brought back to life Check it is a clone first If it is Google is your best friend

It will be a clone by the sounds of it. Where can I get a bootloader from?

It doesn't look like it is an original unit now as everywhere I see the name it says clone not far away [emoji23] so I've fucked up. And I don't have an RS232 cable so I'll have to get one of these too. That'll teach me to avoid eBay...

While I wait for my serial cable to arrive (tomorrow hopefully) is there a way of installing a bootloader onto a clone via USB?

You may have to jtag it first Have you tried flashing a clone safe image first

I picked one of these up cheap off ebay last week knowing it was a clone, was interested to see how it compared with the real thing. Mine was a Lonrison though not a sunray. I used the forum Tich linked to and got an openatv image from there. I'm yet to have a proper play with it though.

Hope you get yours sorted mate, loads of info on that forum listed above

Well. I'm a pillock. I went too far and put the folder with the model name rather than vuplus on the USB stick. It's flashed the vix image I've downloaded so im up and running!

thanks everyone for their input.

And the serial cable wasn't a total waste of money as I have an old single tuner dream box I can now reflash. :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 PM ----------

Final question - can you not download plugins on a clone image??

Back