Warning letters , for streaming

The letter in the article says "It looks like someone has been using your broadband to share copyrighted material". I'm guessing they're targeting P2P torrenting like people using ACEstream and Bitorrent. Regular streaming from Kodi sources isn't sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't they issue this warning this time every year

Maybe it because they always forget to send a Christmas card?

ISPs are not there to take you to court as you would not be watching their material, so it is down to the copy write holder to sue. Why they are sending letters out is beyond me. I would imagine that as well as P2P, they may be looking for the large streaming sites such as those in IPTV Player.

Good point there woosh about iptv. Surely the copyright would have to take legal action against ips before they could do anything to there customers?

Yep. They would need to have a court say the ISP must release details of the given IP at the time the stream / download took place. But, the police could act on behalf of the ISP. But why would an ISP chase a customer for streaming? It is not in their interest. I think it could be more of a "Look what we are doing to help" type thing from the ISP.

If the ISPs T&Cs say you must not use their service for streaming / download illigal stuff they can end your contract and "could" pass on your details to F.A.C.T, but once this got out that they were doing that, users would change provider so still don't see what they would achieve.

A friend of mine got a letter like this a few years back, apparently they listed 3 things he downloaded through utorrent

A friend of mine got a letter like this a few years back, apparently they listed 3 things he downloaded through utorrent

Did the letter come from his ISP or a private company asking for a settlement fee? These companies monitor torrents by joining the swarm and copying all the other IP addresses listed there. Then they get the customers address and send them a threatening letter in the post demanding a settlement fee to avoid legal action. Most people will pay out of fear, but the truth is they don't have much of a case with just an IP address.

Did the letter come from his ISP or a private company asking for a settlement fee? These companies monitor torrents by joining the swarm and copying all the other IP addresses listed there. Then they get the customers address and send them a threatening letter in the post demanding a settlement fee to avoid legal action. Most people will pay out of fear, but the truth is they don't have much of a case with just an IP address.[/QUOTE

ISP I beleive, he said he downloaded Moe than 3 but they just listed 3 and told him to be more careful in future they had the date and everything and name of the album's

My understanding was streaming is not illegal (by eu law) but downloading copyright material is!

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

My understanding was streaming is not illegal (by eu law) but downloading copyright material is!

You are obtaining a copyrighted product without authority. How can that be legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ofcourse it's illegal lol! The only consideration is that you are just a streamer, they are looking for the hosts / uploaders.

VPN's are a no-brainer now as they've come on loads in recent years. You can get private VPN's with zero logs, over 500 servers and a lot of them don't even really slow your internet down. About a fiver a month.

I understand it's illegal in general but the cp are after the distributor not the receiver, is that right?

Back