Warning letters , for streaming

From torrentfreak
European Commission doesn’t believe that consumers who watch pirate streams are infringing. From the user’s perspective they equate streaming to watching, which is legitimate.
Is it lawful under EU law to temporarily reproduce content through streaming if the content originates from a third-party website where it’s made available without permission?”

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

From torrentfreak
European Commission doesn’t believe that consumers who watch pirate streams are infringing. From the user’s perspective they equate streaming to watching, which is legitimate.
Is it lawful under EU law to temporarily reproduce content through streaming if the content originates from a third-party website where it’s made available without permission?”

I doubt there are many people that temporarily reproduce content and more likely use it as their primary method of watching sports etc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if i stream torrents instead of downloading them they can't do a thing about it? I'll tell them that when the letter arrives lol

It looks like these newspapers have their wires crossed (oh er misses)
They are not sending out letters its going to be emails and its not for streaming its for people stupid enough to use torrents from public trackers without any form of protection.
How are get it right (the people who are advising isps about the copyright infringement) going to know what your streaming?
Isps have got far better things to do with their time than monitor what your streaming.

I don't BitTorrent anymore (come on, it's not 2010 y'know) but I'm a habitual Kodi user and I watch films two or three times a week. You know the score, the add-on that sounds a bit like the name of a James Bond film.
I also use a very very good private service for my sports streams.

I await their letter to be honest. I don't pay them nearly 40 pounds a month to send me letters on the morality of watching 'copyright' content.

I don't think there's many torrent sites you can access now without a VPN.

Good job Opera has a free built in VPN lol

I don't think there's many torrent sites you can access now without a VPN.

Good job Opera has a free built in VPN lol

Only one of my private trackers requires a VPN as it's been blocked by my ISP in the U.K. All the rest are freely accessible [emoji1362]

Letters are going to downloaded not streamers, court cases are happening to box sellers not box buyers/users, I would say 70% of the people I meet have kodi, isp are desperate to keep customers so they will not both with streamers till they absolutely have too, they are more bothered about profits than copyright infringement

How can you take someone who sells a android box to court they are not illegal systems or is kodi

Because they are selling it pre-loaded with the ability to receive subscription TV out of the box without a subscription!

If they sold it vanilla, ie just kodi media centre and then had a one button wizard that downloaded all the added pointing to copyright material, then it would jot be illegal as its not being sold with addons enabled

Back