Washer heating element

loncell

TK Veteran
Any washer repair guys about ? Got a question regarding a heater element replacement, I'm trying to help a m8 out

Right it's a m8
Hes got a washer dryer , bought correct replacement water element which had died. So popped it out, new one in and tightened up and thought that was it.
Next thing it pops back out leaks everywere. Checks it and the gasket will not for love the money stay in place.
I did some scouring for him on the net and got him to send me pictures and I cant see any kind of spring come retaining clip inside the tub and it basically doesn't rattle about in the machine.

I thought there'd be something to hold the element in situe and lock it so when you tighten the gasket it doesnt keep popping back out like a cork bottle.

The picture shows 2 white plastic nogginssticking up just in front of the main drain hole.

Attachments

• 20200617_120500.jpg
    20200617_120500.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
"..The picture shows 2 white plastic noggins sticking up just in front of the main drain hole.."

The element usually locates in the 'noggins' - but that is just to stop the element wobbling about and hitting the drum as it spins !

|Does this video help (a little bit of washing up liquid on the seal will make it easier to slot into the tub)

I sussed it but it took some doing tracking down the correct part number. I was all about the depth of the rubber gasket. The correct element gasket is slightly deeper and the thickness of the entrance for the gasket is 5mm thick.
Once I got the right element it took all of a minute and it's locked in place. I honestly thought I was going mad. If your a spark read my thread on hot tubs.

Back