Where can I JTAG my Zgemma h2s?

danlou

Mods please delete if not allowed...

After exstensive diagnosis and attempted fixes I have come to the conclusion that my zgemma box needs JTAGing. So does anyone recommend a place? Happy to accept a PM.

I have tried numerous flash pens that I know work but can I get this box to boot up properly. No I can't!
The image successfully flashes but on reboot of completion I just gett boot message on front display.
So frustrating. The usb pens are working as I can flash other boxes with the,

just get a new box then, box is getting old

but i would put money on it, that it is easy enough to get working

just get a new box then, box is getting old

but i would put money on it, that it is easy enough to get working

Your money will be mine then :)
Seriously, I have tried everything to get this box booting up properly to no avail. I have done so many flashes that I have lost count.
The box detects USB , starts the FLSH procedure and then upon reboot it stuck with 'boot' message on box display...

That’s the thing we only have your word to what wrong and how your fixing it, some times you need to step and away and get fresh eyes on it

But all the luck getting it sorted

Last edited:
I thought jtagging just allowed you to write a new bootloader when the existing is corrupted?
By the sounds of it the bootloader is okay but there is a problem with the mainboard possibly?

I'm no expert on this though and could be entirely wrong.
Just don't want you chucking good money away.

I thought jtagging just allowed you to write a new bootloader when the existing is corrupted?
By the sounds of it the bootloader is okay but there is a problem with the mainboard possibly?

I'm no expert on this though and could be entirely wrong.
Just don't want you chucking good money away.

i know, going to possibly flog it as faulty. I think you're right, it could be motherboard. It's not the usb sticks as used them on same mode of box and worked ok....

Hey Guys hope ye can help me with this,i know its off topic but i cant figure this out at all
i have a zgemma H2s have just flashed it with basebuild V5 (Slyk Skin) i have set up memory stick to record before and it worked but i have gotten a 2.5 inch 250 Gb HDD its in an enclosure usb powered, the zgemma sees the HDD but when i go to initialize it i keep getting a timeout its not the Hard drive as It works on a laptop I have formatted it to Ext 4 but still no luck i have reflashed the box but again no luck, What am i doing wrong ? what do i need to do to get this HDD working
any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hey Guys hope ye can help me with this,i know its off topic but i cant figure this out at all
i have a zgemma H2s have just flashed it with basebuild V5 (Slyk Skin) i have set up memory stick to record before and it worked but i have gotten a 2.5 inch 250 Gb HDD its in an enclosure usb powered, the zgemma sees the HDD but when i go to initialize it i keep getting a timeout its not the Hard drive as It works on a laptop I have formatted it to Ext 4 but still no luck i have reflashed the box but again no luck, What am i doing wrong ? what do i need to do to get this HDD working
any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks
No, start your own thread please.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i know, going to possibly flog it as faulty. I think you're right, it could be motherboard. It's not the usb sticks as used them on same mode of box and worked ok....
Hi did you ever get to the bottom of the problem , as I have the same issue

Hi did you ever get to the bottom of the problem , as I have the same issue

No, it's somewhere in my garage lol. It's definitely the box, not usb stick issue. sometimes you just have to write things off and this is a casing example. zgemma by name, cr*p by nature in my opinion :)

Back