White Vinegar Is A Gardener’s Best Friend. Here Are 11 Clever Uses in The Garden

Excellent at getting rid of varrouca's on your feet aswell and i can thank the local shopkeeper for that and damn that bloody liquid nitrogen stuff you get from chemists lol

I used to have lots of weeds growing around the border of my concrete driveway so I poured cheap Asda salt and vinegar on them. I did it on a day before rain was due so it would really soak in and the weeds quickly vanished. Obviously don't do that on your garden itself or you'll never grow a rose again lol.

I used to have lots of weeds growing around the border of my concrete driveway so I poured cheap Asda salt and vinegar on them. I did it on a day before rain was due so it would really soak in and the weeds quickly vanished. Obviously don't do that on your garden itself or you'll never grow a rose again lol.
Did you run a chipper with all that salt and vinegar,fed up spraying a bed of weeds every few months as might try the salt thing.

Did you run a chipper with all that salt and vinegar,fed up spraying a bed of weeds every few months as might try the salt thing.
It smelled like chips for a bit but after a few downpours it vanishes. Supposedly salt kills just about anything. In ancient times, didn't invading armies salt the earth so the conquered couldn't grow crops there again?

So, what is it that kills the weeds,? Is it salt or vinegar,?
I've got a path full of weeds, and a big bag of dishwasher salt,,,,,,,,,,,,
Or do I need some vinegar,? :unsure:

Tried this ages ago and put some cheap coca cola in with it aswell aint got a clue which the best formula is but it worked and ants hate it aswell so win win (y):unsure:

So, what is it that kills the weeds,? Is it salt or vinegar,?
I've got a path full of weeds, and a big bag of dishwasher salt,,,,,,,,,,,,
Or do I need some vinegar,? :unsure:
It is the salt, I lost a length of privet hedge due to a leaking bag of rock salt which was behind the wheelie bin:unamused:

I usually buy a load of white vinegar, a packet of rock salt, fill a spray bottle up to 3/4 full of the vinegar, put 5 or 6 handfuls of rock salt into it then fill to the top with boiling hot water, spray all the weeds with it, then try and get all the crevices in the paving, doing this at the end of April, then beginning of July keeps all the weeds at bay for the whole summer, I have tried all the expensive weed killers over last few years , but the white vinegar and salt method has worked best for me and its alot cheaper too.

Remember in winter when one buys buckets of salt to melt the snow in winter and its stock pilled ,grand i can repurpose it now and saves space in storing it for years until the next winter.

I also mixed table salt with kiln dried sand to redo my block paving. It kept the moss at bay for several months compared to an untreated area

I'm sure diesel will kill all...pmsl
Diesel will kill most weeds and they wont grow back for awhile, but you still need to put it down every now and again, the smell stays around for awhile longer than white vinegar though, even after a few downpours, but it does the job especially with weeds growing through concrete or blocked paving, better not to mix any water in with it.

Ice melt? I put a load of white vinegar, with a bit of rock salt mixed in down at the end of April and it has been pretty much spot on, do it again in the middle of July and that should do for the rest of the summer.

Yes ice melt not used and said i would give it a try and see if it works

Attachments

• extreme-ice-melt-grit-salt-5231-p.png
    extreme-ice-melt-grit-salt-5231-p.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 11
Give that a go in mid July then instead of the white vinegar. What shops would stock it?

Last edited:
Back