Who is the best player you've ever seen.

Another shout for George Best. Saw him playing for Fulham with Rodney Marsh. Even though at the end of his career, you could see the skill and the pure enjoyment he was having in playing the game. Id been following him since I was about 8, 50 years ago!

I really wish I was alive to watch the genius that George Best was.

An icon, legend and a true inspiration to many. A hero for the red devils.
Very true - my dear old Dad took me to several games to see him because I idolised him. and for some reason or other he didnt appear - England v N Ireland, Chelsea v Man U (he didnt turn up for that one cos he was busy shagging Miss World, cant really blame him for that) and also at Southampton. Finally got to see him at Fulham and it was worth waiting for.

Seen Messi 3 times playing against Celtic, first time he was only coming through and came on as a sub in a 3-2 win for Barca, where Thierry Henry put in a master class performance, 2nd time was when he was more established and scored on a unforgettable night for Celts as we got a 2-1 win, 3rd time was in the pre season internationals cup at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin a few years ago, he only played the 1st half, but played well in a 3-1 Barca win

What I noticed for the first time when I saw him in person was how fecking lazy he is when his team don't have the ball - strolls around conserving energy for when he can work his magic.

For a United fan from the 90s and early 2000s watching talented great players like Cantana, Scholes, giggs, van nisterooy, schmicael etc was something to marvel.

What I noticed for the first time when I saw him in person was how fecking lazy he is when his team don't have the ball - strolls around conserving energy for when he can work his magic.

It's not even because he played for United. I just place ronaldo above messi.

He has played across Europe for the biggest clubs and won it all.

Mine has to be Brian Laudrup when i saw his at rangers on many a time about 1995, they way he used to just float over the grass with the ball as speed , i had never heard of him untill he arrived and then was just in aww watching him, after that Henrik Larsson (Celtic at time) and Paul Gascoigne( Rangers ) were something else to see , but id tip my hat to Laudrup.

For a United fan from the 90s and early 2000s watching talented great players like Cantana, Scholes, giggs, van nisterooy, schmicael etc was something to marvel.

It's not even because he played for United. I just place ronaldo above messi.

He has played across Europe for the biggest clubs and won it all.
100% agree ronaldo gets better every season he's a machine, plus he's won something with Portugal, every league he's been in he just dominates, became reals all time top GS bare in mind he wasn't there his whole career, isn't a striker and to take over raul is summat special

He gets too muxh stick whereas fake messi gets all the plaudits.
Yeh I don't get it, messi is great dont get me wrong but I think to be the best you have to challenge yourself, step out your comfort zone, ronaldo is quite possibly the GOAT tbh, his stats are a joke

The last 2 decades have saw some of the greatest in my eyes. Ronaldo (Brazil), Ronaldinho, Zidane, Iniesta, Rivaldo, Maldini, Figo, Lets not forget keepers Buffon, Oliver Khan. And to top it of we've all witnessed Ronaldo and Messi. No one has ever delivered the consistency of them 2 Players. People were talking about Ronaldo in 2003 at United! That is nearly 20 years ago. HOLY SHIT. Just a shame I've only seen these players on TV lol. Early 2000's I saw Owen and Beckham play.

Great question, simple answer, George ( genius) Best,, incredible, pity the cameras were not present at every game,,not forgettting the awful state of the pitches he made it look easy, simply glided past defenders desperate to snap him,, I am from the blue half of Manchester and it took me 1/100 of a second to decide.

Back