Whole house wifi

Chess010

TK Supporter
Can anyone recommend best way to ensure gaining solid wifi signal throughout 4 bedroom house such that do not get dropping out of signal.
am getting family grief from this happening despite various extenders setup throughout house.
should I get new router or modem? If so recommended makes and models irrespective of cost, reliability and strength of signal most important factor

Not sure about them
Can you give me more info or link to product
These are powerlines adaptors you plug one ethanet into router and other in into one powerlines and put in a socket downstairs then plug the other one into a socket and device upstairs if runs off ethanet Screenshot_20200109_074310_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have separate mains in different areas of the house would this prevent me using in Rooms where say upstairs electric is on one and downstairs another or does it only have to be from mains supply hence does not matter what circuit?

I have separate mains in different areas of the house would this prevent me using in Rooms where say upstairs electric is on one and downstairs another or does it only have to be from mains supply hence does not matter what circuit?
Dosnt matter what circuit mate Aslong as plugged into a socket dosnt have a bearing on your ring main ect or anything just needs to be in a socket and connected to router downstairs via Ethernet cable and into 1powerline and plug the other one upstairs in a bedroom say connected to Xbox as the powerlines sync up so sends the signal to each other I've got WiFi boosters from sly and there decent and the weakest point in our house is my bedroom got a booster in there signal better plus my sly q box acts as a WiFi hot-spot

Providing its not on a different ring circuit

Morning all,, just adding on to this thread if that’s ok, I am in same position, 4 bed detached modern build house, the signal in bedrooms is woefully, I understand ( believe it or not) powerline afaptors/tp links etc, but even the best make little or no difference,, my router is a bt hub 1 situated in the downstairs lounge,, I have read and read about how to position router, turn it off regularlarly followed all the basic info, to no avail,, I have the formuler z 7+ box, it’s great but not so in bedroom,, any tips/ideas welcome,, cheers.

I ended up getting a better router from talktalk.it is their newest Model and now all is working a lot better. Simpler than getting extenders which I have had problems dropping out

Yes, I was thinking about getting another router, just wondering if other folk have been in the same boat and what they did to rectify?

Or depending who your isp is you can get boosters I'm with sly and got routers in every bedroom told them I had blacks pots all round house sent me 3 routers out pmsl

Is there anything specific I should look for when purchasing, or anything I should avoid, learning all the time from you guys,, thanks once again.

Or depending who your isp is you can get boosters I'm with sly and got routers in every bedroom told them I had blacks pots all round house sent me 3 routers out pmsl
I am with bt broadband, have spoken to them and they want to send me some round things!!!! It will increase my monthly repayment by £12-00 ????

I am with bt broadband, have spoken to them and they want to send me some round things!!!! It will increase my monthly repayment by £12-00 ????
I just told them I was getting 2.5mbps in each room and sent me these booster routers only did it so everything in bedrooms can be hardwired :love::love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistle::whistle:

Yeah I don't like any broadband routers, VM are disgusting, full of problems, have a look at the Asus DSL - Ac68u, its on currys

i use 6 wifi exstenders only £13 each of flebay put them all round house and out side in garage all work great now wifi al over inside and out side of house

Back