WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting ready to install Infinity on my Zgemma-star H2 (that's what is on the front of the STB).At present iPab is installed so it seems a good time to change.
I would like to ask, what's probably a stupid question, but do I need to be sitting in front of my PC as well as my TV,whilst installing Infinity?
I ask this as my TV is on the ground floor and PC is on the first floor, it could be tiring!!

I am getting ready to install Infinity on my Zgemma-star H2 (that's what is on the front of the STB).At present iPab is installed so it seems a good time to change.
I would like to ask, what's probably a stupid question, but do I need to be sitting in front of my PC as well as my TV,whilst installing Infinity?
I ask this as my TV is on the ground floor and PC is on the first floor, it could be tiring!!
You only need to use your pc to connect to your box using terminal. Once you have put in the infinity command, you use your remote to do the rest

Reactions: djl
Thanks for the answer and speed of response.Just one point the term 'terminal',could you elaborate please?

Thanks for the answer and speed of response.Just one point the term 'terminal',could you elaborate please?
on your remote, press menu>information>network
in there is an ip address of the box, 192.168 blah blah, write it down
on your computer, open a new browser and type that ip addresss in and click enter
this is the interface for your box, on the pc, you can flash it from there by clicking on the 'Terminal' and following infinity installation

on your computer, open a new browser and type that ip addresss in and click enter
this is the interface for your box, on the pc, you can flash it from there by clicking on the 'Terminal' and following infinity installation

Currently runninng openatv 6.2 woth wooshbuild infinity does openatv 6.3 work well with it too and has wooshbuild infinity been updated in a while

Currently runninng openatv 6.2 woth wooshbuild infinity does openatv 6.3 work well with it too and has wooshbuild infinity been updated in a while
Infinity works with all versions of openATV. As openATV 6.3 is still beta it is that which may cause you little issues, but Infinity will work just the same with it.

Infinity works with all versions of openATV. As openATV 6.3 is still beta it is that which may cause you little issues, but Infinity will work just the same with it.
have had punters enquiring re swap files
Has this part of the setup been written out
as when initialising a hdd the facility seems not to be there anymore

I have updated the bits and pieces so all is working as it should.

Thanks for your testing @pdw, please it is sorted for you.

Hi, does this fix the back up issue for the HD51 also? Or just the multiboot issue?

If so, is there any updated need to fix the current crashing when full backup is attempted.

Have a look under menu/Info Panel / Extensions /swap manager.
its in plugins btw but that was not what was asked
on infinity install part of the setup inlcudes hdd initialisation
if this is selected
the hdd or usb is initialised and formatted
that is still there
after that came the swap file creation
that isn't there anymore

its in plugins btw but that was not what was asked
on infinity install part of the setup inlcudes hdd initialisation
if this is selected
the hdd or usb is initialised and formatted
that is still there
after that came the swap file creation
that isn't there anymore
Yes but if you go to menu/Info Panel / Extensions /swap manager can't you set it up.there

very true my friend
was just wondering (and have been asked by others) if the facility had been written out of the installation procedure
I have an H2s and my understanding is that the swap file does not generally improve performance so is not really necessary. I don't have one and have not noticed any bad effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back