Wooshbuild Support Thread

Hi hope this is the right place to post this. I can' get openvpn to work keeps saying down for maintenance. Been like this for days. Please help
Try copying this in to putty

opkg install openvpn

You dont say what box your using or what version but the new v7 as openvpn loaded as standard now

Try copying this in to putty

opkg install openvpn

You dont say what box your using or what version but the new v7 as openvpn loaded as standard now
Sorry h2s box on woosh 7 but when you go to open openvpn it just say down for maintenance but been like it for days

Is it OK to reflash WS 7.001 for those who are stuck in boot after doing updates when we should not. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Is it OK to reflash WS 7.001 for those who are stuck in boot after doing updates when we should not. Thanks

Right, lets get this problem cleared up so everyone understand what and why there was / is a problem.

WooshBuild 7 never had a problem, Grogbuild never had a problem, DSayers H2H image never had a problem. (WilloBuild is laughing cos he uses vix lol)

When running software updates on openATV 6.1 images dated before about 2 days ago, openATV released a Kernel update. This update when ran causes the box to end up stuck in boot because you cannot update the kernel this way. This was all three images.

All of our images were made using OpenATV 6.1 before 2 days ago. The issue was openATV and not our images. The only solution was / is for us to remake the images using the latest versions of openATV 6.1 which includes the new kernel and removes the update issue. This means that software updates can be run on the boxes.

Personally, I have named the latest image WB 7.001 so it is clear that you are safe to do updates on the box - until openATV decide to break it again (not often)

Want to know what "The Kernel" means?
In computing, the 'kernel' is the central component of most computer operating systems; it is a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done at the hardware level. The kernel's responsibilities include managing the system's resources (the communication between hardware and software components)
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computer_science)

Right, lets get this problem cleared up so everyone understand what and why there was / is a problem.

WooshBuild 7 never had a problem, Grogbuild never had a problem, DSayers H2H image never had a problem. (WilloBuild is laughing cos he uses vix lol)

When running software updates on openATV 6.1 images dated before about 2 days ago, openATV released a Kernel update. This update when ran causes the box to end up stuck in boot because you cannot update the kernel this way. This was all three images.

All of our images were made using OpenATV 6.1 before 2 days ago. The issue was openATV and not our images. The only solution was / is for us to remake the images using the latest versions of openATV 6.1 which includes the new kernel and removes the update issue. This means that software updates can be run on the boxes.

Personally, I have named the latest image WB 7.001 so it is clear that you are safe to do updates on the box - until openATV decide to break it again (not often)

In computing, the 'kernel' is the central component of most computer operating systems; it is a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done at the hardware level. The kernel's responsibilities include managing the system's resources (the communication between hardware and software components)
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computer_science)[/QUOT

what about people who are just on openatv6.1 and not wooshbuild so they cant reflash and fix the updates then and will have to wait for openatv to fix at there end is that correct

what about people who are just on openatv6.1 and not wooshbuild so they cant reflash and fix the updates then and will have to wait for openatv to fix at there end is that correct
Yes, it is openATV 6.1 pushing an update which breaks the box, nothing to do with a pre-built image. The only way around it so you can run software updates is by flashing the latest openATV 6.1. We do that for you, but you still have to flash our images. Someone who makes their own image still has the same problem.

It is openATV that have caused the problem for all.

Yes, it is openATV 6.1 pushing an update which breaks the box, nothing to do with a pre-built image. The only way around it so you can run software updates is by flashing the latest openATV 6.1. We do that for you, but you still have to flash our images. Someone who makes their own image still has the same problem.

It is openATV that have caused the problem for all.
ok thanks im on wb7 reflash shortly on my h2h thanks again

I've just flashed my dad's box with WBv7 build over teamviewer because he's decided he wants a VPN for his IPTV. I can't find the Digibit VPN plugin mate. Should it be in the plug ins menu? Cheers, Ash

View attachment 28790 View attachment 28791

sorry i`m thick as they come...can someone tell me what i`ve done here in above pics or more to the point how to sort it please,
i had everything up and running smoothly but reformatted usb cos of glitchy recording,
initialised usb and swapfile etc but i`ve got this above which i`m not sure if right or not...
and no channel info in epg....how do i sort that please.

anyone?......woosh?....please

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computer_science)
Thanks wooshman. Can you forward link as the one I see was updated Sunday at 8.41pm --- great job by the way

Back