Wooshbuild Support Thread

Another question lads.
How do I completly remove all satellite bouquets without reflashing?
Only want to have iptv bouquets.

Has anyone had any luck installing TP Link WN823N on Zgemma H2s using Whooshbuild? I've tried downloading the drivers and installing through plugins but can't seem to get my zgemma to pick up the wifi dongle. Any help is appreciated...

Only use t.p links which cause no isues

I am trying to use TP Link WN823N, but can't get zgemma to recognise it. I am plugging it into the front USB port. Any ideas where I could be going wrong. Dongle tested on laptop and works fine, so I'm sure it's a driver issue or something. Or do you mean this particular dongle has known issues?

I am trying to use TP Link WN823N, but can't get zgemma to recognise it. I am plugging it into the front USB port. Any ideas where I could be going wrong. Dongle tested on laptop and works fine, so I'm sure it's a driver issue or something. Or do you mean this particular dongle has known issues?
I think your best bet would be power lines as opposed to dongle WiFi ! I have never used dongle WiFi but there are a lot of posts with problems!

Has anyone had any luck installing TP Link WN823N on Zgemma H2s using Whooshbuild? I've tried downloading the drivers and installing through plugins but can't seem to get my zgemma to pick up the wifi dongle. Any help is appreciated...
That USB wifi dongle has 3 versions V1 V2 V3 so go to TP Link Website Support for your version and search for the PDF User Guide that includes the LINUX Driver name. Then on remote Press GREEN GREEN, select Drivers and download driver.
Or you could try this:
Insert the wifi dongle in front USB slot. On remote Press GREEN GREEN, select Drivers and download 88x2bu driver.
Then reboot and press BLUE Network to select the WLAN option and enter your wifi router password to connect.

Last edited:
I've only ever used one like this, 600Mbps Wireless USB WiFi Adapter Dongle LAN 802.11/b/g/n 2.4Ghz Laptop PC TVBox | eBay
Never had problems with that, as long as the wifi signal is good.
As others have said, Homeplugs would be a better option. Get the highest mbps throughput possible. I, personally, use 1000mbps ones, they work great. Obviously you will never get that sort of throughput, but the theory is that what is available will pass through unhindered.

I've only ever used one like this, 600Mbps Wireless USB WiFi Adapter Dongle LAN 802.11/b/g/n 2.4Ghz Laptop PC TVBox | eBay
Never had problems with that, as long as the wifi signal is good.
As others have said, Homeplugs would be a better option. Get the highest mbps throughput possible. I, personally, use 1000mbps ones, they work great. Obviously you will never get that sort of throughput, but the theory is that what is available will pass through unhindered.

I've already got one Zgemma connected to router with ethernet - only want the second one for IPTV - I've already got the box and bought the dongle. If I can't get this dongle to work, I will probably opt for a different device other than zgemma for the IPTV only.

Last edited:
I've already got one Zgemma connected to router with ethernet - only want the second one for IPTV - I've already got the box and bought the dongle. If I can't get this dongle to work, I will probably opt for a different device other than zgemma for the IPTV only.
If going for a new box, I can highly recommend a Formuler Z8. Smashing little box, with built in wifi & the MytvOnline2 app works a treat. I have one & well pleased with it, plus as it is Android based, you can have whatever apps you choose.

I have to add, I have been a long term open atv user and I've been converted to openvix with this build. It is by far the smoothest build I have used. It's like night and day!!
Thank you Willow for this build, it's really appreciated!!

Back