WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hs2 is on the way in the post so I've downloaded your image to get me up and running. Thanks for your hard work...
Just a quick question about hard drives, I am coming from an s2 and have one usb stick (16gb) and one 500gb hard disk drive.

I'm just wondering, is a HDD quick enough for live pausing etc?
Also which drive are we supposed to use for setting up the cache file? can that be the same hard drive as the one making recordings or are you meant to have two drives connected at once?

Thanks for reply matey but none of what you suggested worked. I tried moving channels, managed to get BBC east but number changed to 1 instead of 101 and I just couldn't get ITV east to 103 it just kept going to the 1000's hopefully when update happens in the night it will sort itself. My brother had same thing on his s2 and didn't realise it had changed on its own. Fingers crossed

Thanks wooshman im up and running bar line but thats in hand i think, i found if you type in 101 it takes you to bbc 1 hd then press epg works great with correct numbers etc but on 1st boot it boots up to bbc2hd and epg looked blank. region all sorted too folks remember that ITV HD iS DEFAULT granada so if 103 is itv granada HD try 178 for your local itv in sd for news etc, and bbc1 hd is not localised but 141 is set to local stations follow woosh instructions, worked here cheers.:yes!:

I'm just wondering, is a HDD quick enough for live pausing etc?
Also which drive are we supposed to use for setting up the cache file? can that be the same hard drive as the one making recordings or are you meant to have two drives connected at once?
Mine is quick enough. A little 320gb HDD. I press pause and the screen quicly flashes blank and then is paused with the display as sly is. Playback is instant. Rewind etc flawless.

I create the swap file on the HDD and the EPG is also stored there. I have not installed Flash Extender as I don't run anything other than the image so mem space is not an issue.

My brother had same thing on his s2 and didn't realise it had changed on its own. Fingers crossed
I hope this is the case for you, but manually starting a scan should give the same results.

Maybe do a full sat scan
Menu -> Setup ->Searching service
Select Tuner A
Green button (Scan)

Wait 20 mins.

Then do the same as above but select Tuner B
Wait another 20 minutes.

Then scan via AutoBouquetsMaker
Then Do a Download Now in CrossEPG

Hi Wooshman i have downloaded your program and one from Kiddac can i put them both on a USB and flash them at the same time without wrecking my box ?
Regards Mike

---------- Post Merged at 04:13 PM ----------

another question how do i put genesis and kodi on the h2s ?
Regards Mike

I'm trying to get the Slyk boot logo onto my box - Everything works fine, but I still have the open ATV boot logo - I have downloaded the logomatic app, but It won't let me me upload the MVI file as it doesn't like a blank password in the FTP details, but I cannot see where it dumps the working MVI so that I can upload it myself using my FTP client. Any thoughts??

Hi Wooshman i have downloaded your program and one from Kiddac can i put them both on a USB and flash them at the same time without wrecking my box ?
Regards Mike

---------- Post Merged at 04:13 PM ----------

Regards Mike

Flash this first set it up then install slyk1hd v3

If you have downloaded my image there is no need to download Kiddac's skin as it is already installed for you. I have even sorted the Sly Tabs and CrossEPG skin too. All your need to do is download my image and follow all of the step by step instructions on page one of this thread.

I'm trying to get the Slyk boot logo onto my box - Everything works fine, but I still have the open ATV boot logo - I have downloaded the logomatic app, but It won't let me me upload the MVI file as it doesn't like a blank password in the FTP details, but I cannot see where it dumps the working MVI so that I can upload it myself using my FTP client. Any thoughts??

Please keep this thread image related. Search the forums or create a new thread.

4. Setup Timeshift (Pause, Rewind) and recording
Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings
Timeshift Location - Press OK button
Highlight Parent directory and press OK button
Highlight List of Storage Devices and press OK button
Now highlight your USB device from the list. You will see "Internal flash" and another device. It is the other device your need to highlight. Then press OK button. (mine is called Storage Device)

Hi Wooshman - on the above step I do not have Parent directory but I can the menu "List of storage devices". When I go in there I can see my WD hdd but when I press OK it says "Invalid Location".
Is there something that I have done wrong?
Strangely for the recording part there is a parent directory available
Thanks

When I first got the box I scratched my head a few times on selecting the folders so tried to make the instructions as clear as possible, but it was one of the areas which did concern me a bit so you are not alone.

1st, did you initialise the WD and did you restart the box? Restarting creates the folders on the external drive - timeshift and movie. - If you didn't, restart now and see if that makes a difference.

You have to only highlight the folder timeshift before pressing the OK button once it lets you into your WD

Can you take a screen shot if that doesn't fix it?

Sorry it is a bit vague.

Last edited:
Anyone tried a micro sd card for pause/ rewind and record? It's been working fine up until now, just looked at my file list there and it says 0% free... I deleted the lot and still showing no space... (Noticed when it wouldn't let me rewind) I then removed it and tried a low level format on laptop but can't format it... It's just a small capacity Sandisk one but was sort of a tester to see would it work before I move on to one with more space :(

It may not be seen by windows as standard, you may have go into Computer Management in windows Admin Tools from the Control Panel and delete the partition from in there first.

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 PM ----------

Could be an iPhone or Mac issue?
You should be able to load that in any browser rollmesome as it opens the webpages built into the box. If you know the IP address of your box type that in instead. in my case it would be http://192.168.1.7

If it still doesn't work try : http://192.168.1.7:80
Use your IP of course.

Hey all. Deleted all epg info and downloaded again and still getting problem of epg channels appearing in 1300's+ . I did post last night but still having same problem. Is this just me?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back