WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, firstly awsome work buy the developer hats off, secondly a friend has recently bought a zgemma h.s single tuner in error but cant send it back, will this work on there, not for recording but just for actual viewing
thanks for any response lee

Doesn't work using this flash but there should be the new correct version for the 2s coming along in the near future.

Just popping in to say thanks Wooshman (and others) for your hard work and patience. I didn't even know these kind of boxes existed until 3 days ago, so I ordered one Tuesday, had it delivered yesterday and had your build up and running in no time! Took longer than it should have just because I was excited to get it working and glossed over your instructions a bit too quickly! :no no:

Everything appears to to be working as it should but I still need to explore more to see what it can do, such as series record and stuff.

:encouragement:

hi guys, firstly awsome work buy the developer hats off, secondly a friend has recently bought a zgemma h.s single tuner in error but cant send it back, will this work on there, not for recording but just for actual viewing

Doesn't work using this flash but there should be the new correct version for the 2s coming along in the near future.

Why the version for the 2s when he has the h.s? not the zgemma star s it may work try it you may have to disable tunerb in settings once flashed

Yeah we've established it doesn't work but still no answer as to why. It did work on the last build.

I did start to reply to this at 3am this morning but really couldn't be arsed to prove my point so went to bed.

You never asked why it didn't work, you asked if you could initialise at "this" point to which I answered yes. Whats more, you cannot possible know that it worked in the last build as this is the first build which uses this method of flashing from online.

To take this a step further I have flashed my box with the latest nightly build to prove that it is nothing to do with this build but the pure fact that you cannot use a micro SD card to flash with from online.
screenshot (1).jpgscreenshot.jpgscreenshot (2).jpgscreenshot (3).jpgscreenshot (4).jpg
A fresh startSetup screenOnce I had completed the wizardThe install date and build dateOnly my mounted micro SD card

So once again I am at the point where I have only got my micro SD card initialised and mounted in my box. Now when I try to do an online flash, which this time comes directly from the zgemma.tv web server and not from the WooshBuild server, we will see what happens.........

screenshot (5).jpgscreenshot (6).jpgscreenshot (7).jpgscreenshot (8).jpgscreenshot (9).jpg
Getting ready to flash via onlineSo close to seeing the list of available imagesOh, not enough space!And now with my USB plugged back inThere is our list of available images
screenshot (10).jpgscreenshot (11).jpg
With the latest one selectedWith the latest on downloading to the USB stick

If you would like me to pre-empt your question of "Why it doesn't work?", the answer is because the file which deals with the online download is not written to check for a micro SD card, it is that simple. Want proof?
Code:
if Freespace('/media/hdd') < 300000:
            self.session.open(MessageBox, _("Not enough free space on /hdd !!\nYou need at least 300Mb free space.\n\nExit plugin."), type = MessageBox.TYPE_ERROR)

Although quite easy to understand the code basically says: If the free space on the USB device is less than 300000kb (300mb) then show the error message that there is not enough free space.

It is possible to make a fairly simply change to the first line something like:
Code:
if Freespace('/media/hdd') < 300000 [B]| Freespace('/media/mmcblk0p1') < 300000[/B]:
            self.session.open(MessageBox, _("Not enough free space on /hdd !!\nYou need at least 300Mb free space.\n\nExit plugin."), type = MessageBox.TYPE_ERROR)
and it would then also check the free space on the micro SD card, but it is not always quite as simple as that and I have not bothered to implement it as there may be a valid reason as to why OpenATV have not already done this.

I am done answering questions about micro SD cards and seeing posts about micro SD cards. You cannot use an micro SD card to flash an online image. I have pre-empted your Why not question and I have answered it above and beyond what I think you would have expected.

Please don't post questions about micro SD cards as my head is like to explode. Follow the tried and tested a million times instructions and you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Im sorry, i was talking about microsd initialisation.

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

Sorry remind me later to go through and replace "SD card" to "Micro SD card" I have nothing better to do with my time!
UPDATE: to save any confusion over the term SD card and micro SD card I have edited all my references of SD cards to micro SD cards

But now you mention it, using an SD card to USB adapter doesn't seem to work to well either, so one more SD thing not to ask!

darkteckno you have currently made 7 posts to date on this forum and 5 of them are on this thread because you took it on yourself not to follow the instructions.

On the positive side and as a result of you not following instructions, I have been able to post valuable information about not using a micro SD card or SD card to usb adapter to setup this build. So please let me hit the thanks and like button under your name.

Last edited:
Thank you thank you thank you, I've been trying endless USB and just getting repeated boots, saw this and thought I wonder if it will do anything, absolutely magic, I couldn't believe it flashed with one of the old USB and from there it took me, an absolute newbie 20mins to get it all set up. You are a wizard and I can't thank you enough for all the time and effort you have put into this.

Thank you thank you thank you, I've been trying endless USB and just getting repeated boots, saw this and thought I wonder if it will do anything, absolutely magic, I couldn't believe it flashed with one of the old USB and from there it took me, an absolute newbie 20mins to get it all set up. You are a wizard and I can't thank you enough for all the time and effort you have put into this.

You are most welcome.
I only know that using an old usb stick can sometimes help due to feedback likes yours in the past.

Looks great. I'm looking forward to using it very soon. One question first, if I insert an Opticombo for freeview, will this have any effect on this build? (Hopefully my question doesn't require a new thread and apologies if does.)

Looks great. I'm looking forward to using it very soon. One question first, if I insert an Opticombo for freeview, will this have any effect on this build? (Hopefully my question doesn't require a new thread and apologies if does.)
Hi Munster

Thank you so much for offering to be the beta tester to find out if the Opticombo will work with WooshBuild v3.00 :p

I am not very knowledgeable with anything other than my H2S box so other boxes, gizmos or software I am a bit lost with. If you are happy to give it a go and see, please post back and let me know how you got on.

Saying that you may find someone has already tried or knows that they will Work with OpenATV without a problem.

Thanks for quick reply Wooshman. It will be the H.2S that I'll be using the Opticonbo with. I'm sure I can't be alone in wanting 2 x satellite receivers plus 1 cable or freeview/saorview receiver on the one box. I have sent a few more questions to Zg..co.uk and await a reply before dosh departs....

I'll happily update this thread when I am up and running. in the meantime if anybody has helpful tips, rather than drive this thread off at a tangent, perhaps PM me or if you start a thread, let me know via posting the new thread here.

Cheers! :)

Why the version for the 2s when he has the h.s? not the zgemma star s it may work try it you may have to disable tunerb in settings once flashed

My bad eyesight !!!
Read it without glasses and could have sworn I saw 2s but it was actually hs !
Not been tested on that box but the file structure is h3 same as h2s so there's a change it may work as is.

I cant seem to get any test lines to work and followed the instructions several times. Anyone else having the same problem?
I'm sure it may be something I'm doing or not doing as ive tried a couple of different test lines. Don't know if this has any bearing but when inserting the usb with line file it displays error no media found or something similar. When the usb is put back into my computer it says there's problem with this drive scan to fix. I have tried a couple of different usbs with he same result

I cant seem to get any test lines to work and followed the instructions several times. Anyone else having the same problem?
I'm sure it may be something I'm doing or not doing as ive tried a couple of different test lines. Don't know if this has any bearing but when inserting the usb with line file it displays error no media found or something similar. When the usb is put back into my computer it says there's problem with this drive scan to fix. I have tried a couple of different usbs with he same result

The error message is normal and I must add that to the instructions - Thank you. The message is telling you that there are no jpgs or movie files available to play / view.

What happens if you carry on with the instructions?

Update: Instructions updated with a screen shot to reflect this.

Last edited:
It tells me new cam list has been imported successfully, I exit the plug in and channels are still black / scrambled

trying to put test line onto usb stick. downloaded files unzipped folder but cant open them to paste line into file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back