WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to put test line onto usb stick. downloaded files unzipped folder but cant open them to paste line into file

Open them using notepad. Windows "should" ask you what you want to open them with - choose notepad

ok ive looked through quite a few threads and post to no avail, im using v1 of wooshbuild which has been great im now getting auto timer and timer issues conflicts when there are none?? no idea why so thought a complete reboot to v3 will sort it out maybe? i have a 250gb hdd plugged into the back of my box with about 90-100gb left will all the programmes be lost if i follow your new instructions wooshman as missus will not be happy to lose call the midwife etc, i was thinking if i plugged it in the box would reformat it thus losing the recordings, any help appreciated.

Hi Wooshman. Just wanted to say how good and easy this was to install. I cant understand why so many post stupid comments without reading the whole thread. I have three boxes, two i got already setup and my new one which was so simple to do. Why cant people just FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. i have two quetions. which steps do i do again if i change for a different storage device? I Have MUTV HD on my other boxes but only SD on the box i just flashed. what setting do i need to change? Again thank you for a great image.

Last edited:
ok ive looked through quite a few threads and post to no avail, im using v1 of wooshbuild which has been great im now getting auto timer and timer issues conflicts when there are none?? no idea why so thought a complete reboot to v3 will sort it out maybe? i have a 250gb hdd plugged into the back of my box with about 90-100gb left will all the programmes be lost if i follow your new instructions wooshman as missus will not be happy to lose call the midwife etc, i was thinking if i plugged it in the box would reformat it thus losing the recordings, any help appreciated.
As an existing user you do not need to format the external drive. You skip that step, you can also skip the swapfile step as you already have it.

You will have to run a scan of Autobouquets E2 as v1 used ABM - a different channel list creator. You will also need to run CrossEPG. Both are found in plugins but help is here if you need it.

Follow the instructions as an existing user and it should be fine. If you really want to be sure, create a full backup first.

Blue button -> Complete backup -> HDD (sometimes you have to select USB instead)
This will backup your box completely so your v1 is safe in the event of a ermmmm Oh My God moment.

Remember, DO NOT format or Initialise your HDD.

Shout if you need anything and good luck.

---------- Post Merged at 06:23 PM ----------

Thanks for the help Wooshman all up and running like a dream
MRH
Great, pleased you are sorted

---------- Post Merged at 06:31 PM ----------

Hi Wooshman. Just wanted to say how good and easy this was to install. I cant understand why so many post stupid comments without reading the whole thread. I have three boxes, two i got already setup and my new one which was so simple to do. Why cant people just FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. i have two quetions. which steps do i do again if i change for a different storage device? I Have MUTV HD on my other boxes but only SD on the box i just flashed. what setting do i need to change? Again thank you for a great image.

Nor me badboy, nor me!

OK changing storage device should be a fair simple process.

Leave your existing drive in the USB ports. Insert the new USB device in the free port and follow the steps to initialise the drive. Make sure you select the correct drive from the list you will see.
Shut down the box (Deep sleep) and then turn it off via the switch.
Remove original USB and put new usb in the back of box (or wherever you want it)
Turn on the box.

Use the instructions to create a swap file on the new usb.
Open plugins and select AutoBouquet E2 and press the green button to scn followed by Yes
When complete, return to plugins and select CrossEPG.

If you have anything on the original USB, insert that in the spare port and use Dream Explorer (in plugins) to copy stuff from the original USB to the new on. It is fairly obvious how Dream Explorer works and is basically a file browser with a basic set of tool.

Any problems just post back.

Good luck.

Looks great. I'm looking forward to using it very soon. One question first, if I insert an Opticombo for freeview, will this have any effect on this build? (Hopefully my question doesn't require a new thread and apologies if does.)

I am still running Wooshbuild v2, I haven't upgraded yet as it is working just fine as is. Just saying this as a pre-requisite to what I am about to say...

I don't have the Opticombo, but I do have a cheap RTL2832 USB DVB-T tuner (these are like a fiver on fleabay), and there is a driver for that in the plugins as well. So I have just installed the driver and plugged it in. Checked under tuners and it now lists a third tuner for DVB-T. Now just having a look through the menus to find how to actually try getting it to tune DVB-T channels to test it.

Edit 1: Have found where to get it to scan (I think), but not sure if it is going to delete all channels in the process or what. We shall see what happens.

Edit 2: Fatal error, will try playing with other options.

Edit 3: Got it to scan but found no channels, not sure why, but still playing and testing. Tried with set to search for Europe DVB-T standard and All UK Regions DVB-T/T2.

Edit 4: Signal checker is showing no DVB-T signal, it is hooked up to my aerial on the roof though. Tried in both the front and rear USB ports now and no luck. Everything in the software suggests it is seeing the tuner fine and that it should work, but for some reason it is not finding the signal.

Last edited:
Adding Picons - optional but I think they are worth adding

Picons are the little channels logos you see on some screen shots and these instructions guide you through adding them to your EPG and info bars.

First of all check that you have no previous picons installed and if so remove them

From full screen TV:
Press the Green button -> Red button (remove plugins) -> Highlight +Picons and press OK
Now any picon lists you see in that section need removing. Highlight, press ok and select yes.
Once you have removed any existing picon sets exit right back to full screen TV.

From full screen TV:
Press the Green button -> Green button again -> Highlight +feeds and press OK -> Highlight picons.xyz and press OK -> Press OK again

Once you are returned to the list of plugings Press Exit once (the box may appear to hang) press Exit again, Press and hold Standby button and select Restart to restart the box.
When your box has restarted:

Press the Green button -> Green button again -> Highlight +picons -> Press the OK button

Scroll right down the list and highlight: srp-full.400x240-370x210.light.on.transparent Press OK, Press OK again. Highlight and Select your external USB device
start.jpg
This takes a little while to download and extract due to there being 7000+ picons and may appear to have crashed. How long it takes will also depend on the speed of your USB device. While you are waiting be patient wait and wait some more.1_0_1_193D_7FF_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (3).jpg
When you are returned to the menu, Press the Exit button twice to return to full screen TV

Now press your EPG button and in the top left hand corner your should see the channel logo. It will also show up when you press the OK button from full screen TV.

Last edited:
I Have MUTV HD on my other boxes but only SD on the box i just flashed. what setting do i need to change?

I will have a look and see whats what a bit later on. Eastenders on - DON'T TOUCH THAT REMOTE is called from across the room.

---------- Post Merged at 07:50 PM ----------

Thanks wooshman updating both my boxes took about 30 minutes no problems.
2 in 30 mins is good going - it isn't rocket science is it?

Good job and thanks for the feedback. You lot are restoring my faith in WooshBuild users :-)

thanks for help wooshman, but may i add TO BEWARE as im not sure if its just becasue i came from v1 or not but the re boot to v3 lost my timers and auto timers....... Luck has it that as we were having a bit trouble with these the missus jotted down all 20+ so its gonna be a while re doing them. Just to let anyone know if they have timers set etc they may well lose them. But all recording are safe on my hdd so not all bad lol.

thanks for help wooshman, but may i add TO BEWARE as im not sure if its just becasue i came from v1 or not but the re boot to v3 lost my timers and auto timers....... Luck has it that as we were having a bit trouble with these the missus jotted down all 20+ so its gonna be a while re doing them. Just to let anyone know if they have timers set etc they may well lose them. But all recording are safe on my hdd so not all bad lol.

Sorry Rob, they are buggers to get rid of normally and I have only just looked into why, where they love and how to save them or remove them. I am pleased your missus wrote them down, tell her I am sorry!

Thank you for the warning.

not a big problem but i now need to make new directories too lol as there gone also! gonna be a busy night but not as busy as youve been over the last few months with your builds and folks gripes. full appreciate your efforts on the builds as sly well and truely kicked into touch, cheers wooshman :)

not a big problem but i now need to make new directories too lol as there gone also! gonna be a busy night but not as busy as youve been over the last few months with your builds and folks gripes. full appreciate your efforts on the builds as sly well and truely kicked into touch, cheers wooshman :)

Your directories have gone too? I only have a couple and I created them manually but they stay with me through thick and thin no matter what I do to the box. I don't understand why they would have departed from your house.

easy setup

Thanks Whooshman,

Im a complete newbie to this, Sly cancelled and my ZGEMMA HS2 arrived today, just set up Whooshbuild in 20 mins...Excellent! .......was expecting a techno battle with my first box away from Sly.

THANKYOU! great work dood!

Thanks Wooshman, great guide and information. :)

I am an existing user of Wooshbuild 2.5, all be it only about a week now. Got my very first H2S last week so well set up, but now torn...

Please clarify a few things so I understand fully for V3. When you mention about the back up for existing users, where does this save to? The USB in the back or the box itself?
Also what is the extent of the settings saved?
Finally when you restore from the back up you mention that existing users are now finished and using Wooshbuild V3.
Does this mean my line details have remained on the box or restored from the back up? So I haven't got to do anything about re-entering my line details?

Cheers

Your directories have gone too? I only have a couple and I created them manually but they stay with me through thick and thin no matter what I do to the box. I don't understand why they would have departed from your house.

no idea why they went not sure if its an issue as to where there stored maybe there not on hdd but internal memory no ideas realy tbh. one more thing i just noticed was on playback in info bar is now black and i think its the original skin? looked like sly on v1 but now looks odd is this something anyone else mentioned?

EDIT, found directories just had to open on movie directory and sub folders were there as opposed to left and right on movie tab, cheers for help.

Last edited:
Thanks Whooshman,

Im a complete newbie to this, Sly cancelled and my ZGEMMA HS2 arrived today, just set up Whooshbuild in 20 mins...Excellent! .......was expecting a techno battle with my first box away from Sly.

THANKYOU! great work dood!
Well done and welome to a whole new world. WooshBuild includes IPTV player which is a streaming app with lots of different sources. Yify, Solar Movies, and so on. TV series and Films streamed direct to your TV.

Have fun and thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post Merged at 09:49 PM ----------

Thanks Wooshman, great guide and information. :)

I am an existing user of Wooshbuild 2.5, all be it only about a week now. Got my very first H2S last week so well set up, but now torn...

Please clarify a few things so I understand fully for V3. When you mention about the back up for existing users, where does this save to? The USB in the back or the box itself?
Also what is the extent of the settings saved?
Finally when you restore from the back up you mention that existing users are now finished and using Wooshbuild V3.
Does this mean my line details have remained on the box or restored from the back up? So I haven't got to do anything about re-entering my line details?

Cheers

Your line details are backed, timers (series links) bouquets and various other bits as standard. It is always best to have a copy of your line details kept off your box. The best place to look to see exactly what is backed up is by doing:

Blue button -> Show default backup files
If you want to add anything else to your back settings part:
Blue button -> Select additional backup files

The backup saves to the usb in the back of your box and is about 5mb in size. Your line details will be stored there and restored to their original location. It really is a 3 part process for existing users.

I cannot be 100% sure everything on your box will run without a hickup but I have not experienced anything myself, rob is the first one to break things with his folders going awol lol.

---------- Post Merged at 09:53 PM ----------

one more thing i just noticed was on playback in info bar is now black and i think its the original skin? looked like sly on v1 but now looks odd is this something anyone else mentioned?

Oh no, first you break your folders and now you have broken everyone's playback bar including mine.... what are you doing Rob?

Leave it with me and I will get it sorted now. I will upload a new image, it will give you a chance to do a backup and restore of your settings again. Tell the missus I am sorry again lol

Just another quick question for existing users.

After backing up settings at the start is it ok to leave the USB in the back or is it best to remove before flashing the new basebuild? Then put it back to restore at the end?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back