WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I have updated to v3 which was easy, first night all went well, then last night I lost most of my EPG and tonight I have lost alot of channels. Currently I have lost 401 to 407, quite a few movie channels have gone also, I have done a CrossEPG and NIT scan but I am unsure how to get the other channels back.

Please can someone help?
Many thanks in advance

Just another quick question for existing users.

After backing up settings at the start is it ok to leave the USB in the back or is it best to remove before flashing the new basebuild? Then put it back to restore at the end?

Thanks again.
When testing it I always removed my usb and "micro" sd card from the box before flashing BaseBuild. I suggest you do the same but I can't think of a reason why it will make any difference, but for the sake of safety.....

But, up to you :-)

But wait until I upload the fixed playback bar before you flash v3.00 from online lol

Last edited:
Been trying to get channel logos. started to download left it for ages and the box rebooted it self can I start the downloading logos again or do I have to to delete what on usb stick first

OK I have broken the nice Slyk playback bar. You see this when you play a recorded or downloaded file from the file list button or recordings button from the EPG.

I am working on restoring it to the Slyk skin as it should be. This does not effect the build in anyway.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 PM ----------

Been trying to get channel logos. started to download left it for ages and the box rebooted it self can I start the downloading logos again or do I have to to delete what on usb stick first

If you go into plugins and press the red button (remove) open the picons section and remove what you have in there.

Then exit back to plugins. Check if you can see the srp files in the plugins list, if so try again, if not install the feeds plugin again and then goto picons.

Good evening all.
Would like to say a massive thanks and a blue Peter badge for Wooshmans V3 build. Like many have gone on about reading instructions thoroughly and to no prevail have a useless box. I must have read through your guide 50 billion times and then once more and nailed flashing and setting up in about 15 mins.

I did get some problems with the USB and managed to flash with my phone acting as the USB. Don't know how I managed that as I'm no techwizz but I successfully have two working boxes one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I've even setup one to connect with another TV in our dining room and another with my little boys wii in his room.

What can I say but all in all a very happy household and a big thanks to you Wooshmans for the build and kiddacs skin.

(Life story over now)

Good evening all.
Would like to say a massive thanks and a blue Peter badge for Wooshmans V3 build. Like many have gone on about reading instructions thoroughly and to no prevail have a useless box. I must have read through your guide 50 billion times and then once more and nailed flashing and setting up in about 15 mins.

I did get some problems with the USB and managed to flash with my phone acting as the USB. Don't know how I managed that as I'm no techwizz but I successfully have two working boxes one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I've even setup one to connect with another TV in our dining room and another with my little boys wii in his room.

What can I say but all in all a very happy household and a big thanks to you Wooshmans for the build and kiddacs skin.

(Life story over now)

Thank you :-)

images.jpg

---------- Post Merged on 11-03-2016 at 12:23 AM ----------

All Fixed again

Last edited:
Additional / Optional / Information

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen Position

Due to all televisions being slightly different, some will display this image without issue, others may show the TV around the edges when in a full screen menu. If you feel you need to change the position of your screen to fit your tv better, complete the following steps:

Menu -> Setup -> Usage & GUI -> Extended GUI -> OSD Position

1_0_1_164F_7E7_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

1. Move down and highlight "Move Left/Right" then by pressing the right arrow button enough time, you will see a red border appear from the left. Make this just visible on your screen (on the left) and then press the left arrow key until it moves just off the screen again on the left.

2. Now move down to "Width" and start pressing the left arrow button until the red border appears on the right. Just as it appears, press the right button a couple of times to make it disappear again .
3. Move Down to "Move Up/Down" and start press the right arrow until the red border appears at the top of the screen. Again, just as it appears, press the left button a couple of times to make it disappear
4. Move down to "Height" and start pressing the left arrow button until the red border appears at the bottom of the screen. Guess what.... just as it appears, press the right arrow key to make it disappear.

So to recap, once by one you have moved the red border for left, right, top and bottom on to the screen before moving them just out of view.

Once you have done the above steps, press the Green button (Save) and then the Exit button 4 times to return to the TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDMI CEC - Already setup on this image. Information only

HDMI CEC lets you control your TV using the zgemma remote. This all depends on your TV and also if it is enabled on your TV.

To setup HMCE CEC follow these simple steps:

Menu -> Setup -> System -> HDMI CEC

Change your settings so they are the same as the two screen shots

1.jpg

2.jpg

Press the OK button, then exit right back to full screen TV and then Restart Your Box and then test by pressing the standby button once.

Last edited:

After backing up settings at the start is it ok to leave the USB in the back or is it best to remove before flashing the new basebuild? Then put it back to restore at the end?

Thanks again.
When testing it I always removed my usb and "micro" sd card from the box before flashing BaseBuild. I suggest you do the same but I can't think of a reason why it will make any difference, but for the sake of safety.....

But wait until I upload the fixed playback bar before you flash v3.00 from online lol

Great work wooshman. Just to let you know. I left both my USB hdd and microsd plugged in during flash with no adverse consequences. Great build and so easy to setup.

Kudos.

Hi,

Two questions
1. To down load picons, press green then green again, that gets you into downloadable plugins and it shows no new plugins found, any help appreciated.
plugin.jpg
2. When I try a software update it crashes the box!

Have seared and not found anything specific.

Cheers

Fattony

Thanks again.

Great work wooshman. Just to let you know. I left both my USB hdd and microsd plugged in during flash with no adverse consequences. Great build and so easy to setup.

Kudos.

Brave man, good on your for trying and thanks for letting me know.

If I can reduce the steps required to flash due to feedback it makes it more appealing and less daunting to completely new users.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 AM ----------

Hi,
Two questions
1. To down load picons, press green then green again, that gets you into downloadable plugins and it shows no new plugins found, any help appreciated.
View attachment 16606
2. When I try a software update it crashes the box!
Have seared and not found anything specific.
Cheers
Fattony

When did you install your image please? I will flash my box and see if I can reproduce your problem.

I would say though, just do the flash online steps and reflash your box. Takes 5 minutes now.

1. Backup settings
Blue button -> Backup settings

2. Flash
Blue button -> Flash online / Local -> Green button -> Select WooshBuild V3
Select option 4

3. When flashed restore your settings.
Blue button -> Restore settings

I am just flashing from online to check the image is fine.

Last edited:
It is your setup I am afraid fattony as I have just flashed and had no issues, I never had any before either.

Check network connections to the box.

Does Sky 1 work? If so you network connection is fine.

Last edited:
When will this be ready for the zgemma 2s or h2? Im using v2.02 at present but hoping v3 is compatible.
At the moment I don't know when it will be released as I am ironing all the issues out before starting the other boxes.
It will be identical on the 2S for sure.

Does anyone know why the wooshbuild threads have been unstuck on these forums... Are they no officially supported by techkings now... Can someone ask a mod because it makes it harder to find.

Network correction has always been fine, but have reflashed and all is fine.

Chhers
Good news then :)

This is the perfect example of why I have worked so hard to make updating / flashing such a simple process and this has made it all worth while.

A five minute job got you up and running again and if I had improved or made changes to the online image, you would now be running the newer version.

Thanks for letting me know it worked for you.

sorry about this,but stuck on step 4

getting error "not enough space on hdd,need at least 300mb"

I am using a 500gb usb stick and when I do Filesystem check it says "Generic(Flask Disk)- External (536.870GB)

have I done something wrong.....complete noob here

sorry about this,but stuck on step 4

getting error "not enough space on hdd,need at least 300mb"

I am using a 500gb usb stick and when I do Filesystem check it says "Generic(Flask Disk)- External (536.870GB)

have I done something wrong.....complete noob here

Being a noob is no crime, we all start somewhere :-)

It sounds to me like you may have missed the step which initialises (formats) the USB

I would say though that unless you have paid about £150 for that 500gb USB stick it is a fake. Was it from ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back