WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
found one strange issue. plugged external drive in back and the usb stick in the front but the USB stick is mounted as /media/hdd and the external hd is mounted as /media/usb . not major but a bit confusing when I went through to set paths.

nice

---------- Post Merged at 10:34 PM ----------

reputation_pos.png
Anyone in Northern Ireland i swapped them like this....

My BBC1 NI HD was in 102 and BBC2 NI HD was 101
Ive added the following line to the custom_swap.txt file in the box via FTP

102=101
141=102

Ive got BBC1 NI HD in 101 now but only got non HD in 102

The best solution Ive found

#swap local SD with HD.
141=101
115=102
178=103
227=104
171=105

good to see a few ni people about

found one strange issue. plugged external drive in back and the usb stick in the front but the USB stick is mounted as /media/hdd and the external hd is mounted as /media/usb . not major but a bit confusing when I went through to set paths.

If you boot with the hdd in the back it should mount it as hdd. Once started plug the usb in the front and it should mount as usb.

Hi Wooshman, Just to let you know it looks like it is a driver issue with OpenATV, I can't get it to work in stock OpenATV. I have been reading through a German OpenATV thread (using Google translate) which seems to show it was working prior to a January update. Hopefully they will fix this issue, there's not much that can be done until that happens.

Thank you Andy for updating the thread with your findings and taking the time to look into it yourself. I am pleased it is not a Build issue, but at the same time sorry I can't help you.

That's OK pal, hopefully if others are experiencing the same thing it might be of some use!

I'm gonna stick with vix for now but that being said, I've just ordered a different box anyway so I'll be selling my h.2s soon :)

Managed to get this installed in just under 30 minutes. I must say, it's an absolutely top notch build. I'm comparing to a v8s, but I'm extremely impressed with how slick this is. The cam installer is a stroke of genius!

What if uve swapped E2 to ABM on the H2S? where you find the files then todo the swap? i had a browse on ftp, but couldnt find it, cheers

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 PM ----------

Also if anyone knows how to setup too cams on the whooshbuild so i could run a CCcam 2.3.0 in the Cam1 and a maybe a MGCam in the Cam2.
Is this possible? ive tried but with no luck is their a way u can set them up over ftp instead of using the USB cam adder, which btw whooshman is pretty sweet.
Cheers

The instructions in the first post tell you what files you need for what cam and in your case your need to ftp the files, both newcamd.list and CCcam.cfg to the usr/keys folder. FTP username is root, there is no password.

You can then select Cam 1 and Cam 2 in the softcam panel.

I have never tried doing this but am sure that if it doesn't work like that one of the others will soon shout and let you know.

Hi, first off thank you for the time and effort you put in to this build as it's brilliant.
I managed to set it up no problem but my 500gb hdd has broke, I've just bought a new 1tb but can't figure out how to initialise it to record. I've tried searching the forum but can't find how to do it without re flashing and starting again. Is it possible to do without starting? Thanks

Thanks mate. Ill try that and let you know how it goes. Any info on the BT swap with ABM and not the E2 ABM u use would do lovely if u have the knowledge
Cheers

Sorted it now

I know there are 1352 posts in this thread but pretty much everything has been answered including how to swap a drive or initialise without starting again.

Pleased you sorted it as it save me typing out how to do it :-) Top man !

---------- Post Merged at 07:58 PM ----------

Thanks mate. Ill try that and let you know how it goes. Any info on the BT swap with ABM and not the E2 ABM u use would do lovely if u have the knowledge
Cheers

Same sort of method as AB E2 just with different files.

Here is the original thread for swapping Channel 5 SD to Channel 5 HD. Same theory but in reverse.

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/83769-channel-5-hd.html

Go to my post on this thread and ull find all the files you need to ftp over in order to resolve the bt sports and amc from bt hd channels that no longer work.

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/96117-hd-channels.html#post538825

Its also maybe an idea for Wooshman if you provide for next update to 4.0 if you have an English 4.0.1 flash and a rest of the UK 4.0.1 flash so that the user can download the one with the correct custom_swap.txt for their area so that they then dont need to ftp in and edit the file afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Go to my post on this thread and ull find all the files you need to ftp over in order to resolve the bt sports and amc from bt hd channels that no longer work.

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/96117-hd-channels.html#post538825

Its also maybe an idea for Wooshman if you provide for next update to 4.0 if you have an English 4.0.1 flash and a rest of the UK 4.0.1 flash so that the user can download the one with the correct custom_swap.txt for their area so that they then dont need to ftp in and edit the file afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has already been incorporated into V4 which has a regional selection option so that custom swapping will no longer be required.

Is there an ETA yet on v4?

My workload has been stupid of late and has meant V4 took a back seat, that and the learning curve of programming in Python and Enigma 2 also set me back a little bit. You can all blame Benijofar for this as it was his idea for a plugin which has caused me the biggest headache, questions and more headaches but it is nearly complete. I am looking of a release date of Friday 17th June if not sooner.

It will be released on the H2S as a beta to start with due the new plugins and BaseBuild setup procedure. Once I am happy that everything is playing nicely, v4.01 will be in final release stage. I know there will be a v4.01 as I always forget something silly or change something for people to complain about :-)

Once available for download, as promised with v3, you will be able to flash online and it will show up in the list of online downloads. Existing users just need to back up their settings, flash and then restore settings. New users will use BaseBuild which also has a simpler setup process.

The biggest change is from OpenATV 5.1 to 5.3. In general WooshBuild remains the same with Kiddac's Slyk skin and my USB Cam Importer but has two extra bespoke plugins to make everyone's life much much easier thanks to BeniJofar coming up with the ideas.

Please don't ask about v4 as the above pretty much covers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back