WooshBuild v3.01- Zgemma 2S + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cccam.cfg file deleted
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the mg_cfg file there... thought so.

So the line has copied and the files are in place. There is no reason why the cam will not have started when the importer pulled it in, but have you tried restarting the cam?

Red button -> softcam panel -> green button to restart.

It is better to have the channel in Sky 1 so you know if it has worked or not.

I have viewed both newcamd.list and my line is in there
Newcamd1 line in there to nothing.

4ec46501b357b68981f0ff4c50dd3617.jpg

Further to my last message it seems to now be connecting and I have downloaded and got everything up and running :)

My query I have now is I am goint to replace the USB stick with a larger 32gb stick instead of a 2gb stick presently. I guess I need to redo some of the steps ie Initialise HD, Create Swap File etc. In the mean time using it without a USB stick, Also I do not remember when i booted after flashing online it did not ask if i wanted to use the hdd for the bouqets, i guess cross epg will need to be configed to download the data and place it on usb?

I have viewed both newcamd.list and my line is in there
Newcamd1 line in there to nothing.

Line will be tested tomorrow AM to rule them out.

---------- Post Merged at 10:23 PM ----------

Further to my last message it seems to now be connecting and I have downloaded and got everything up and running :)

My query I have now is I am goint to replace the USB stick with a larger 32gb stick instead of a 2gb stick presently. I guess I need to redo some of the steps ie Initialise HD, Create Swap File etc. In the mean time using it without a USB stick, Also I do not remember when i booted after flashing online it did not ask if i wanted to use the hdd for the bouqets, i guess cross epg will need to be configed to download the data and place it on usb?

You bouquets actually get stored in flash by default in the /etc/enigma2 - I don't think you can move them either.

CrossEPG can be configured - Menu -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure - Storage Device

If you are not going to use a USB until your new one. Insert it into the box and initialise as per instructions. Create the swap file too and then restart the box. Restarting creates the timeshift and movie folder.

Thanks from this newbee I have tried a few of the builds over the last few days, without much success ( my fault I am sure ) This has gone like a dream, tonight everything up and running perfectly. Great work from you, what a great forum this is, maybe I can help when I have gained a lot more knowledge in the very distant future!!

Hi Whoosh, just a bit of feedback for you.

When i finished flashing and went to restore my settings, it told me it couldn't find them. This was down to having a USB in the front and a HDD in the back.. It backed them up to one, but was looking for it on another.. I'm not sure if the mount points changed but i think that was the cause.

Also, the default cam is set to MGCAMD, rather than CCCAM. Easy to fix but thought you might want to mention it.

Other than that, it all went great. Thanks for a great image!

When i finished flashing and went to restore my settings, it told me it couldn't find them. This was down to having a USB in the front and a HDD in the back.. It backed them up to one, but was looking for it on another.. I'm not sure if the mount points changed but i think that was the cause.

Also, the default cam is set to MGCAMD, rather than CCCAM. Easy to fix but thought you might want to mention it.

I will look into the restore settings and see if I can do anything.

I am just in the process of changing the EPG location to USB and will change the default cam to none. I will then update the online flash image

Thanks for the feedback as always.
---------------------------------------------------------------
In theory, because you backed your settings up to your existing USB device (hdd I presume) they should have been on there. Did you have the USB in the front for a reason?

Last edited:

I will look into the restore settings and see if I can do anything.

I am just in the process of changing the EPG location to USB and will change the default cam to none. I will then update the online flash image

Thanks for the feedback as always.
---------------------------------------------------------------
In theory, because you backed your settings up to your existing USB device (hdd I presume) they should have been on there. Did you have the USB in the front for a reason?

The files were there, i just had to copy them from the HDD to the USB.. On the first boot, it had mounted the HDD as USB and the USB as HDD.. After i rebooted, the HDD was then HDD and the USB was SDA1.. so i really don't know what happened there..

I have them both in because the HDD i use is quite noisy, so in order for it to actually go to sleep, i have the EPG and swap file on the USB stick... that way the drive goes to sleep when i turn the box off.

Yes for some reason they seem to swap around but this seems to be an OpenATV thing over a WooshBuild thing.

So really i was the second USB throwing it out and not the instructions? I ask as existing users know enough, like you, to be able to sort stuff, where as if I have incorrect instructions, new users may get in a fuddle and then I have a billion questions :-)

Yes for some reason they seem to swap around but this seems to be an OpenATV thing over a WooshBuild thing.

So really i was the second USB throwing it out and not the instructions? I ask as existing users know enough, like you, to be able to sort stuff, where as if I have incorrect instructions, new users may get in a fuddle and then I have a billion questions :-)

yeah i believe it was me plugging the USB in the front that upset it... your instructions aren't wrong.. might be worht mentioning not to plug the 2nd USB in i guess but it may be a marginal use case that's not worth mentioning..

Absolute newbie here to ZGemma so bare with me.

Followed the instructions to the letter up until Step 7. Everything has been working and following through perfectly, I'm just wondering - I'm not actually seeing any TV. Up to Step 7, I still have the Wooshbuild logo screen on any channel I go on, BBC, ITV etc.

I am getting a line, however I just imaged the 'normal' channels would work at this stage anyway - is this because I have not done stage 7?

In fact could it be, and don't laugh - I could have the two Sly wires in the wrong holes? I didn't know which one went IN and which one went in LOOP - my Openbox used one and I couldn't remember which one.

Absolute newbie here to ZGemma so bare with me.

Followed the instructions to the letter up until Step 7. Everything has been working and following through perfectly, I'm just wondering - I'm not actually seeing any TV. Up to Step 7, I still have the Wooshbuild logo screen on any channel I go on, BBC, ITV etc.

I am getting a line, however I just imaged the 'normal' channels would work at this stage anyway - is this because I have not done stage 7?

In fact could it be, and don't laugh - I could have the two Sly wires in the wrong holes? I didn't know which one went IN and which one went in LOOP - my Openbox used one and I couldn't remember which one.

It is a shame I didn't see your post in here too. You need to write 100 lines "I must look at the pictures even the one showing where I plug my cables"

Connect your box
Satellite cables - top left, bottom right as marked below, the power lead, hdmi lead and network cable.

back of box (1) (1).jpg

lol

The main thing is you are sorted TheBorg.

Last edited:
I will happily take a slap on the wrist - serves me right. Thanks very much for the help, love my new set up. Mrs will be m,ade up to get her "Sky" back, while I can continue to have my wallet back :P

Hi
i have 2s is there a full image including base build or do you have to download base build and update on line also once i configure within my area how can i backup whole image on usb so i can flash my otherbox and dont have to it on line
also have can i install plug in on my zgemma once i install whoosebuild

Hey Guys, I'm new to this. I cant actually get to download the build, does anyone have a copy they can send to my email address? Please and thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back