WooshBuild v3.01- Zgemma 2S + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been scratching my head for a few days, trying to work out why my box was slowing down! Looked through the EPG settings and it dawned on me that by default, the EPG is being saved to the internal flash. I have changed that now although I'm wondering if the data is still stored somewhere on the box, if it is, where is it so I can delete it?

Thanks

** edit **

Restarted my box, went into the TV Guide and it was unpopulated so first thought was great, it must have deleted data from the box, went into plugins and selected the EPG downloader and waited while it went through its routine although at the end of it, I still have an empty EPG. Tried rebooting and downloading again although nothing....... not sure what I'm doing wrong here?

Well I have just set mine to save to internal flash and I can't actually find where it goes. I will keep looking though.

If you have set it to External usb, check that you have a CrossEPG folder on the usb device. You can use FTP, dream explorer or your computer network to see.

Do a channel scan: Green -> Autobouquet E2 -> Green -> OK
Then do a CrossEPG update.

Found it, in the USR directory/Cross Epg so will delete that.

Tried updating the Autobouqets and the EPG although still not picking them up. The USB stick does have the CrossEpg folder.

Strange

** edit **

Scratch that, think that's the main CrossEpg folder and don't hold data

---------- Post Merged on 25-03-2016 at 12:18 AM ----------

Everything has gone pear shaped since I changed the EPG location. Restarted the box and it lost my line settings, the £ channels were not working, used the USB utillity to restore them and that seemed to work. EPG is playing up and won't update at all. Thought I would update the build although got the message 'sorry your backup destination is not writeable'

Clicked on the update online option to see what was available and am now getting the message that I don't have enough storage space and need at least 300mb. (I have over 7GB free)

Found it, in the USR directory/Cross Epg so will delete that.

Tried updating the Autobouqets and the EPG although still not picking them up. The USB stick does have the CrossEpg folder.

Strange

** edit **

Scratch that, think that's the main CrossEpg folder and don't hold data

---------- Post Merged on 25-03-2016 at 12:18 AM ----------

Everything has gone pear shaped since I changed the EPG location. Restarted the box and it lost my line settings, the £ channels were not working, used the USB utillity to restore them and that seemed to work. EPG is playing up and won't update at all. Thought I would update the build although got the message 'sorry your backup destination is not writeable'

Clicked on the update online option to see what was available and am now getting the message that I don't have enough storage space and need at least 300mb. (I have over 7GB free)

It sounds to me like your USB is not initialised properly with those errors.

Initialise the USB stick and restart. Then try the EPG again.
If it complains about being mounted, Red button -> Plugins -> swap manger -> Red button. Then initialise and re-create swap file. Then reboot

All updated, The only issue is I cam from the previous build, I did back up setting before I started but once I went to restore on the new build it didn't find anything so had to set it up again but other than that all working fine.

Any reason why i cant get it to flash the basebuild files? Its just says boot then goes into loading current image. I've tried 2 different usbs

Thanks

Last edited:
Any reason why i cant get it to flash the basebuild files? Its just says boot then goes into loading current image. I've tried 2 different usbs

Thanks

Make sure the file on the USB contains the zgemma folder with the files inside.
Reformat USB before download and it only works from the rear USB port.
If it doesn't FLSH then it's probably the file on the USB is not correct (check file contents and make sure it says force and not noforce in there)

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 AM ----------

All updated, The only issue is I cam from the previous build, I did back up setting before I started but once I went to restore on the new build it didn't find anything so had to set it up again but other than that all working fine.

Did this a few different ways during the testing process.
Found total backup then a settings backup was most effective.
On restore the settings backup worked every time in final tests.

Make sure the file on the USB contains the zgemma folder with the files inside.
Reformat USB before download and it only works from the rear USB port.
If it doesn't FLSH then it's probably the file on the USB is not correct (check file contents and make sure it says force and not noforce in there)

this is the file structure USB>zgemma>sh1>5 files one which says force.

I've had this issue previous when flash sucmnsee image too.

Any other ideas?

Chigs........My first thought would be to reformat the USB with a full format instead of quick format.
If no difference then you could try using HDDGURU but I would suspect that the USB's you are using are of poor quality and need replacing ?
I have only had this problem with one old USB so far and my box has been flashed with new install probably 20 times now !

Last edited:
hi can anyone help when pressing deep standby this is what box says and just switches off am i doing anything wrong thxs in advance.12914738_10207924270357583_228655104_o.jpg

Can anyone tell me where I can change the name that my box appears as on my router please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi there
i am using openvix and i use WIFI on the back USB my question is .
will i be able to use WIFI with this build?
thank you for your hard work

Hi wooshman just like to know if you dont mind me changing the boot up logo's, could you tell me where to find the first boot image on the box please, also the images when rebooting thx for any info.

Can anyone tell me where I can change the name that my box appears as on my router please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the IP of the box then look on connected devices in router for same IP and rename it.

Hi guys, I'm having issues with cam importer. Itt's fine putting the line onto the box but if I restart the box the line isn't there.
The same is happening to me I just saved my line on a spare use and I just plug it into the front usb and use the cam importer.

Hi wooshman just like to know if you dont mind me changing the boot up logo's, could you tell me where to find the first boot image on the box please, also the images when rebooting thx for any info.

Hiya

It is your box so you can do whatever you want to it :-) You will have to search the forum though for your answer as it is not build related, I know there are several details threads about how, when and what to do what you want to do.

---------- Post Merged at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys, I'm having issues with cam importer. Itt's fine putting the line onto the box but if I restart the box the line isn't there.
The same is happening to me I just saved my line on a spare use and I just plug it into the front usb and use the cam importer.

What happened tysonmfc when you restarted the cam manually?

wush16, what happens if you do the same? Import the line and then manually restart the cam and then reboot?

I ask because as far as I am aware it is only your two boxes doing this. It could mean others haven't posted but people normally shout at me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back