Zgemma H5. 2tc how do make Freeview only

I've spent the last few days setting up an old spare box, Xtrend ET7100, of mine for my Dad with the idea of transfering all my work to my current box, VU+ Uno 4kSE.
Looked at the VU+ today to find it only has a DVB-C tuner in it .... D'OH !!!
Do I fork out £70 for a new tuner ???? See WOS are sold out, looks like others have had the same idea
I have the same box and dilema, do I just stick to Freeview on TV + IPTV or do I fork out for the FCB sat tuner for £79 plus a unicable lnb for £43, both are in stock but not sure I watch enough to justify the cost (to the wife)

fork out for the FCB sat tuner for £79 plus a unicable lnb for £43 is my vote (y)
You can have 8 tuners on the main box and also connect boxes with standard tuners to unicable.
Also you will have plenty of free tuners if you want to set up another box in client mode. (or whatever ATV call it).

fork out for the FCB sat tuner for £79 plus a unicable lnb for £43 is my vote (y)
You can have 8 tuners on the main box and also connect boxes with standard tuners to unicable.
Also you will have plenty of free tuners if you want to set up another box in client mode. (or whatever ATV call it).
you've not seen me up a ladder lol

Don't rush into ABM.

Once you check aerial on TV, Disable DVBC on tuner, enable DVBT if it is disabled. Default of Europe is fine. Perform a manual scan, select correct tuner. If that works, then try ABM or use Terrestrial scan plugin.
Found 0 channels on manual scan and scan finishes within a sec.

I have a Mut@nt HD51 with OpenATV 6.4

I'm thinking it could be a faulty tuner, if DVB C worked fine, does that mean DVB T would work fine as well since its the same tuner or are hardware different?

Where could I get another DVB T tuner from?

Last edited:
Yes, radio frequency Input. But it is no point if the aerial does not work on your TV
Thank you, I will try again in a day or two. Any suggestions to where to place the aerial for best signal indoor? Or does it not matter?

Like this DTA250 is magnetic and can stick to surfaces but wasn't sticking on the wallpaper.

Thanks.

Thank you, I will try again in a day or two. Any suggestions to where to place the aerial for best signal indoor? Or does it not matter?

Like this DTA250 is magnetic and can stick to surfaces but wasn't sticking on the wallpaper.

Thanks.
Is your wallpaper made of steel?
Look out of your window and check which direction other aerials are pointing and try to get yours something like similar before you try it in the TV

Thank you and yes I could but don't know what price I'm looking at. That could be another option I will consider.
I had no joy with 2 internal aerials which I tired on TV. Decided to take a punt on the outdoor aerial that was already in place from previous owners where the wire had been cut before I attempted to install a loft aerial, put a new connector ln the cut cable and attached a temp coax lead to it. Without a single issue the TV picked up all channels including the HD ones. Next step, feed new cables to relevant rooms and set up box for iptv and freeview or leave freeview on tv and iptv on box.

Ideally wanted Sat installing, but don't fancy going up on roof to attach it to chimney stack as it's the only place where the line of sight won't be affected. Shame really as I could have used it with a Sat line.

I had no joy with 2 internal aerials which I tired on TV. Decided to take a punt on the outdoor aerial that was already in place from previous owners where the wire had been cut before I attempted to install a loft aerial, put a new connector ln the cut cable and attached a temp coax lead to it. Without a single issue the TV picked up all channels including the HD ones. Next step, feed new cables to relevant rooms and set up box for iptv and freeview or leave freeview on tv and iptv on box.

Ideally wanted Sat installing, but don't fancy going up on roof to attach it to chimney stack as it's the only place where the line of sight won't be affected. Shame really as I could have used it with a Sat line.
Its the other way for me, we don't have an aerial at all so was wondering whats cheapest you can get one. Indoor is no luck, tried connecting again on box and tv with no channels.

Its the other way for me, we don't have an aerial at all so was wondering whats cheapest you can get one. Indoor is no luck, tried connecting again on box and tv with no channels.
If you have a dish already why not use that and get all the freesat channels? You could also get a sat line added for the remaining premium channels left on sky?

You could purchase a outdoor/loft TV aerial and bracket for less than £30 e.g. screwfix/amazon and around £10 for some coax (depending on length needed). If your comfortable going up on a ladder and have basic DIY skills and tools attaching it outside can be done whilst referencing neighbours TV aerial direction. Obviously if this isn't something you want to attempt then prices will vary from local TV aerial installers e.g. around £100 including aerial, could be more based on area and setup required.

If the indoor aerial you purchased appears to be faulty send it back (easy to do with amazon) and try another one before committing to an outdoor setup.

Hi, wondering if anyone has had any issue with ABM picking all channels. On 2 TVs I get all the channels I can for my area including some HD 168 (including radio), however when attempting to connect the aerial on 2 differenr boxs it will pull though 151 channels including radio, however a number of these don't work unless I manually scan them (not in abm categories).

When connected to TV these channels work fine and also when manually scanned. Any suggestions from anyone as it is alot quicker and snappier using the box comapred TVs own freeview play plugin and it also is handy flicking between freeview and IPTV.

Managed to use the the DVB-T Frequency finder and in ABM and got it sorted, however still missing 3/4 HD channels etc. Much better going through channels on an Engima Box then the built in Freeview option on TV. Still will look into getting a Sat dish up if possible.

everything was working fine, today im getting tune failed on some channels. I did a re-scan of the tuner and noticed not all are getting picked up. I can only assume freeview have moved things around. anyone else having issues?

Back