Zgemma H5. 2tc how do make Freeview only

were di i find DVB-T frequency finder

You have to go into Autobouquetsmaker > Configure > Show DVB-T frequency finder > set to yes then it will appear in the Auotobouquetsmaker main menu.

I had to use this too as even scanning on my local transmitter it was pulling in some channels on the wrong frequency.

If having to use frequency finder and it works it would help if you post the xml to the other thread so it can be added to ABM. This saves others having to do the same and it will be correct next time image needs re flashing

If having to use frequency finder and it works it would help if you post the xml to the other thread so it can be added to ABM. This saves others having to do the same and it will be correct next time image needs re flashing

I may be completely wrong here as I am far from an expert but I think we have to be careful when using these xml files to update ABM configs as it is custom to your specific location and may not work for everyone who is pointing at a particular transmitter.

For example, I'm somewhere between two transmitters (Blackhill and Darvel) but my aerial is pointing a Blackhill. According to the Freeview website I should be pulling in frequencies using channels 46, 43, 40, 41+, 44, 47 and 55 if pointing at Blackhill. If pointing at Darvel the channels are 22-, 25, 28, 32, 34, 35 and 55.

However when I use frequency finder it pulls them in from 25, 30, 32, 35, 40, 44, 46 & 55 - a mixture of both. Therefore, my specific configs presumably wont work to bring in channels for those who can only get a signal from one or the other of those transmitters, and not both.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, which I often am!

@Wellinever , I had exactly the same problem from AYR I selected Darvel but i did not get all channels On Blackhill none at all.
I had to use DVB-T frequency finder and @Abu Baniaz has added then to ABM configs.

This may only get worse with a lot of peeps now changing from cable to terrestrial.

I've spent the last few days setting up an old spare box, Xtrend ET7100, of mine for my Dad with the idea of transfering all my work to my current box, VU+ Uno 4kSE.
Looked at the VU+ today to find it only has a DVB-C tuner in it .... D'OH !!!
Do I fork out £70 for a new tuner ???? See WOS are sold out, looks like others have had the same idea

The problem with ABM and freeview is that we do not use network id, and the data on the signal stream about frequencies, is the same on repeaters as main even though different. This is why we have to add custom transponder lines. ABM reads tables, it does not scan.

Another option is to use Terrestrial scan plugin.

It is no trouble adding the custom transponder frequencies, the hardest thing is to get people to give details we need for instaed of what they are accustomed to referring for TV sets.

How would Enigma2 know if it is internal or external? So long as you have good signal, it will be fine.
Fair point, just tried one i purchased and seems to not give any signal at all. It is one of those ones where you get an amplifier, you can lay it flat on a table, stick behind a tv/window.

Maybe it doesn't support STB's or it's just faulty.

Did double check i set tuner B as DVB-T2 with DVB-C disabled, i'm on openATV.

Try the aerial in your TV first. If that works, we can look at receiver. You have not mentioned what you set tuner as. Europe or UK will be fine as a start. Nor mentioned what type of scan you performed.

Try the aerial in your TV first. If that works, we can look at receiver. You have not mentioned what you set tuner as. Europe or UK will be fine as a start. Nor mentioned what type of scan you performed.
Tried it on the TV, got no channels. I set it as UK all regions in tuner B, type of scan is Freeview using ABM.

I've ordered another indoor aerial to see if that one does any better.

Will report back in a few days.

Thanks.

Bought this little beauty for a tenner on Amazon. August DTA250 - High Gain Freeview TV Aerial - Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital. Works perfect plugs straight into the DVB-T tuner on the box. Its also magnetic.

Attachments

• Indoor Aerial.jpg
    Indoor Aerial.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 14
OpenATV is a proper arse to set up because, if I remember rightly, both cable tuners are also set up for terrestrial and you have to disable it.
I'm on OpenATV, How do you disable terrestrial for cable? I received the DTA250 today but getting nothing found when trying DVB-T frequency finder.

Bit more farting about using H7c
I have tuner B set to vm
I plugged aerial into tuner c and set freeview Winter Hill in abm/providers
Scanned and got an error on tuner B for freeview.
I had to go to tuner settings.
In tuner B change dvb/t to not connected
In tuner C change dvb/c to not connected and dvb/t to freeview Winter Hill
Scanned and it worked fine
I didn't know Sky News was freeview
Are you on OpenATV or OpenVix?

I don't see a dvb/t to Freeview option, only in providers of ABM.

I can set the region in tuner settings though.

Are you on OpenATV or OpenVix?

I don't see a dvb/t to Freeview option, only in providers of ABM.

I can set the region in tuner settings though.
Openatv6.4
Aerial isn't a particularly good one though.
It was cut off about 7ft from ground level so I taped a new section of coax on using insulation tape.
It took quite a bit of tinkering to get it to scan free view on H7c as it has two cable/terrestial tuners
Tuner B using vm cable
Tuner C using aerial
To configure, Tuner b dvb/c is enabled for vm
And dvb/t on the same tuner has to be set to disabled
On tuner C dvb/c is set to disabled and dvb/t is set to Freeview region
Any other combination doesn't work.
You need to try any aerial you have on your TV Freeview first to verify it works otherwise you are chasing ghosts

Don't rush into ABM.

Once you check aerial on TV, Disable DVBC on tuner, enable DVBT if it is disabled. Default of Europe is fine. Perform a manual scan, select correct tuner. If that works, then try ABM or use Terrestrial scan plugin.

Back