Zgemma H5. 2tc how do make Freeview only

everything been working great with uk freeview through h2h then today it says tuner failed on abm scan changed abm to latest one still same but yet if i do an automatic scan it picks the channels up except for a few which are missing ive noticed when i do the scan throughautobouquet maker the green tick which should lock in the little box flickers green then goes blank any ideas

i come from st helens so my region in abm providers is winter hill which i have been using for a while now with no trouble but the only one i can get working now is emley moor but it says bbc1 yorkshire im in the northwest any ideas thanks

i took the arial out the box and put it back in tv and re tuned my freeview channels on tv and all working northwest so cant work it out any ideas

everything been working great with uk freeview through h2h then today it says tuner failed on abm scan changed abm to latest one still same but yet if i do an automatic scan it picks the channels up except for a few which are missing ive noticed when i do the scan throughautobouquet maker the green tick which should lock in the little box flickers green then goes blank any ideas
12 Aug 2020 - Changes in north west England, Creetown and north east Wales
Important changes to Freeview
Where's my local transmitter?

Last edited:
ye read all that and like i said updated normal tv easy but when i do a scan of box using abm provider region set to winter hill for north west i get tuner failed still

and if my tv updates they must of finished what ever there doing but box still not updating with abm but i get channels using automatic scan

ye read all that and like i said updated normal tv easy but when i do a scan of box using abm provider region set to winter hill for north west i get tuner failed still
Have you tried removing and re-installing ABM Plugin? My ABM Region shows 4 different Winter Hill options: Winter Hill, also WH Lancashire, WH Liverpool, WH Manchester. If that does not work, perhaps next ABM update will reflect Freeview changes? Also in the Tuner Configuration, Terrestrial DVB-T2 Tuner Settings there are Region options for Winter Hill & for All Regions, UK.

Last edited:
yes remved and put new abm plugin on box this morning and ive tried every winter hill option there is in tuner and providers regions and now when i scan with automatic scan i am only getting 6 channels N/A at the side of all the others but like i said took the arial out the box put it back in tv and tv updated straight away so dont know what the problem is thanks any way

yes remved and put new abm plugin on box this morning and ive tried every winter hill option there is in tuner and providers regions and now when i scan with automatic scan i am only getting 6 channels N/A at the side of all the others but like i said took the arial out the box put it back in tv and tv updated straight away so dont know what the problem is thanks any way
i had problems with tuner failed when setting up freeview
i managed to sort by following instructions below
Freeview (DVB-T) no signal
in post #13

Last edited:
ye just done that used dvb-t frequency finder and that worked but only 117 channels i used to get 144 but cant moan as long as all main channels are up and running thanks to all

just noticed after usingdvb-t frequency finder to get channels which are ok when it scanned it said 35 radio channels as well but there no were to be found if you press tv button radio comes up but just blank

I'm near you and cannot scan freeview today.
Also noticed yesterday that radio channels are in a bouquet of their own, whereas before they appeared when I pressed radio button on the remote, for past few days this has been empty

ye pabblo i got my channels back by using thedvb-t frequency finder then doing the abm scan with that but the channels are back but the bouquet for radio channels has dissappeared

ye pabblo i got my channels back by using thedvb-t frequency finder then doing the abm scan with that but the channels are back but the bouquet for radio channels has dissappeared

I've got channels by doing automatic scan but ABM still not working for freeview
As mentioned before, radio are now in their own section/bouquet or in last scanned bouquet

Have you tried the DVB-T frequency finder option in ABM? You'll need to enable it in configure for it to show
Didn't even know it existed but I've enabled it and it's doing its thing now

EDIT
after the scan completed it displayed a message "a new provider 'free view terrestrial Northwest' has been created, disable your existing provider and use this in a new ABM scan"

All working normally now (y)

Last edited:
For Freeview, ABM obtains data from the frequency that has BBC One SD. If this has changed, unless people provide details and any other override data, ABM will stay as it is for those areas.

Frequency finder will get most of the details, but these need to be added to ABM. Most people don't bother to upload details.

Best to use Terrestrial scan plugin and forget using ABM for Terrestrial.

what aabout radio channels pablo have you got them as well if so how as thats what i said i did before to you and i get the tv channels but no radio

Didn't even know it existed but I've enabled it and it's doing its thing now

EDIT
after the scan completed it displayed a message "a new provider 'free view terrestrial Northwest' has been created, disable your existing provider and use this in a new ABM scan" have you got radio channels as well though and if so how

All working normally now (y)

Back