Cable ZGEMMA H7C Stops recognising HDD

I am using ZGEMMA H7C running OpenATV Wooshbuild 7. Recently I am running into a constant problem. My H7C suddenly stops recognising external HDD. It automatically changes all recording folders and Mounts from HDD/Media/ to /dev/sda and the Only way is to unmount HDD then re initialise HDD again which means losing all the data.
Is anyone else having same problem? Can anyone assist me as I am not sure what’s going on!!

Hmm i would ask are you unpowering the box at night as they are supposed to be left in standby.
As i understand FORMAT erases all data which you dont want to do.
Setting up hdd initializing and ext4 ready for recordings.
Is this a passport or powered externally hdd.

Hmm i would ask are you unpowering the box at night as they are supposed to be left in standby.
As i understand FORMAT erases all data which you dont want to do.
Setting up hdd initializing and ext4 ready for recordings.
Is this a passport or powered externally hdd.
It is Passport external device which is connected through USB. The box is not powered off at night

Passport usb i avoid as had 2 and not got them to work correctly and now use externally powered ones only for external use hdd.
Many get them to work with no issues,others add a usb powered hub.
If its not setup as ext4 issues will happen.
Forgot to add its for the rear usb port.

I am using ZGEMMA H7C running OpenATV Wooshbuild 7. Recently I am running into a constant problem. My H7C suddenly stops recognising external HDD. It automatically changes all recording folders and Mounts from HDD/Media/ to /dev/sda and the Only way is to unmount HDD then re initialise HDD again which means losing all the data.
Is anyone else having same problem? Can anyone assist me as I am not sure what’s going on!!
As Pablo said you need to reflash the box with latest openatv and then Wooshbuild infinity!

Sorry I am using Wooshbuild Infinity already and have reflashed with latest image but nothing helped
What is flashed under infinity? Openatv? If 6.3
There could be a problem with the hard drive! Try using another hd usb stick to see if rectifies it!

What is flashed under infinity? Openatv? If 6.3
There could be a problem with the hard drive! Try using another hd usb stick to see if rectifies it!
Re-Flashed completely using USB. OpenAtv 6.3. It somehow changes the mount location. I have tried to force using it as HDD and then mounted again and it seems to have resolved the issue temporarily.
As far as I figured out the issue is that the Mount Location keeps changing from something like mount/hdd to mount/sdv and thats where the problem is coming up again and again.
Also if anyone of you try to flash and use Initialise the HDD as a part of Wooshbuild Infinity Installation you guys would run into a Blue Screen. If you skip Initialization process as a part of Wooshbuild Infinity Installation you will get stuck on Plugin Installation as you would run out of space. The only other way is to initialize the HDD before flashing your box until Wooshbuild Infinity is upgraded to address this issue.

Re-Flashed completely using USB. OpenAtv 6.3. It somehow changes the mount location. I have tried to force using it as HDD and then mounted again and it seems to have resolved the issue temporarily.
As far as I figured out the issue is that the Mount Location keeps changing from something like mount/hdd to mount/sdv and thats where the problem is coming up again and again.
Also if anyone of you try to flash and use Initialise the HDD as a part of Wooshbuild Infinity Installation you guys would run into a Blue Screen. If you skip Initialization process as a part of Wooshbuild Infinity Installation you will get stuck on Plugin Installation as you would run out of space. The only other way is to initialize the HDD before flashing your box until Wooshbuild Infinity is upgraded to address this issue.
Initializing the hard drive isn't really going to be a problem if its been initialised before in E2! Mounting the hdd to mount hdd then make sure it is to ext4, there has been problems with this area in woosh set up, but missing the initialling out cuts that out.
Make sure when setting up mounts that they are saved(green) I have personally changed to openvix but sometimes the hdd on mine is internal goes awol, I check the location, change to correct settings save then reboot seems to bring it back on line

Initializing the hard drive isn't really going to be a problem if its been initialised before in E2! Mounting the hdd to mount hdd then make sure it is to ext4, there has been problems with this area in woosh set up, but missing the initialling out cuts that out.
Make sure when setting up mounts that they are saved(green) I have personally changed to openvix but sometimes the hdd on mine is internal goes awol, I check the location, change to correct settings save then reboot seems to bring it back on line
You are dead right!!! my internal goes awol too and way to fix it is exactly how you suggested until Wooshbuild makes improvements

Tried Flashing to Latest OpenAtv and still have same issue with HDD failure as a part Initialising in Wooshbuild setup. Can this please be addressed and fixed?

Tried Flashing to Latest OpenAtv and still have same issue with HDD failure as a part Initialising in Wooshbuild setup. Can this please be addressed and fixed?
You don't need to initialise if the hard drive has been used before in Enigma2, just leave that bit out when flashing!

You don't need to initialise if the hard drive has been used before in Enigma2, just leave that bit out when flashing!
If not initialised then it always runs into issues of not being mounted. It always attempts to mount it as sda/media instead of HDD/media

Hi
What you need to try, is forget about the hard drive when you flash. once flashed try the below routine!
Then Press blue button then scroll down to HARD DISK then across to initialisation OK and then agree red button!
When this is done scroll left to MOUNTS then over to DEVICE MANAGER in it you will see your device it needs to showMOUNT/MEDIA/HDD if not press green button to set up mounts and change the MOUNTS to show/MEDIA/HDD and press green to save SYSTEM will ask to restart. If this does not work for you there might be a problem with the hdd , insert a usb and try the above again.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!!

Flash other images like Pure2 and VIX on the other boot sectors and you will see the HDD is there. I have suddenly had a HDD disapeared issues with ATV and ATV/Wooshbuild and just switched to another another of my images.

Back