ZGEMMA H9 TWIN cannot update openATV or flash new version

@moshibeth , this is first time software update has failed on me on zgemma h9 combo , had it fail on h2s before think that was lack of EMMC FLASH memory. Also there were driver updates for zgemma bootloader etc.
I could get access to the box via network. didn't know if i could have used anything from boot folder via putty.
What I did not notice untill i did it again was warning when updating that box may not boot since original image was quite old I had seen that before on h2s.
online update / flash on the fly did work when I tried that once box was recovered.

@moshibeth , this is first time software update has failed on me on zgemma h9 combo , had it fail on h2s before think that was lack of EMMC FLASH memory. Also there were driver updates for zgemma bootloader etc.
I could get access to the box via network. didn't know if i could have used anything from boot folder via putty.
What I did not notice untill i did it again was warning when updating that box may not boot since original image was quite old I had seen that before on h2s.
online update / flash on the fly did work when I tried that once box was recovered.
Pablo made a fair point as no need to update at all if box is running smoothly. as you said it's happened twice now on ATV and I can only say by the amount of boxes I have fixed via teamviewer for members.

Updating atv is futile for two reasons
1 It acheives nothing at all.
2 you have to do it daily, leave it for a week or two and there's too many updates to safely do

For the length of time it takes to reflash, 20-25 minutes, it's not worth updating.
Reflashing gives the option of installing all new plugins so just needs doing every 6 months or so

Happened with my h9twin That's twice the
Kernel update has been corupit
Did notice in the recovery boot menu
Open a.t.v 6.5 beta Has any one tried the file

I'm here again guys.
My box is not connecting to Internet. Have checked network test, its ok . My Internet is ok. It just not connecting. Just started not quite long.
Advice please.

need more info is your sat line or iptv not working are you using vpn , have you rebooted the box.

I have posted so many times on this load of crap zgemma model .other boxes have been solid so I'm out

H9S here, running OpenAtv 6.3. I thought i'd try 6.4, no luck on upgrade. all sorts of problems, Oscam not working, crashing and box stuck etc. Returned box to 6.3.

Not enough information.
Try again.
I dont know what else to say or hoe else you want me to explain to you. my H9 Twin just not connecting to internet. i brought another zgemma box to the same spot and its working with the same ethernet cable i plugged out of the one not connecting. im was watching it, it just stooped connecting and i have tried what i could still no joy.

I dont know what else to say or hoe else you want me to explain to you. my H9 Twin just not connecting to internet. i brought another zgemma box to the same spot and its working with the same ethernet cable i plugged out of the one not connecting. im was watching it, it just stooped connecting and i have tried what i could still no joy.
When someone asks for more information it's up to you to provide it.
Are you using a Vpn?
Have you rebooted the box and router?
How do you know it's not connected?
Are you using it for sat or iptv or both?

Answers:

1. VPN has been stopped.

2. Yes.

3. I tried to reload my subscription via xtream no joy. i did network test, and i brought another zgamme box to the same spot. it connected to internet.

4. Iptv only.

Thank you so much. A guy on the forum helped me yesterday via teamviewer. And it working perfectly now.

Cheers
I need help also! Exactly the same scenario as Dammy.
I did the software updates yesterday (running OpenAtv 6.4 on H9 TWIN) as I'd not done it for a few weeks.
It did a restart and then got stuck on BOOT with a red light. I have tried reflashing it following the video in this thread, I've even tried reflashing it with 6.3.
Keep getting it to say FLSH and Open Atv is showing on the TV, but then it just resets itself again and goes back to boot with the red light.
I've tried 3 different USB's (16gb,8gb,64gb) all Sandisk and its still doing it. Been using Zgemma's for years! Never had this problem before.
Missing a day of football now :weary:

Back