ZGEMMA H9 TWIN cannot update openATV or flash new version

16gb and never had an issue till the new flash files come out

I haven’t got anything lower than that at the moment.

i always do online updates and never have an issue , I sometimes do online flashes but wanted to do it with the usb stick but it won’t flash with the 3 files

I’ve put the old 2 files back on now
So what is the difference in online and usb flashing as long as the box is flashed

I was going to use USB for a change. sorted now

i just wanted to know if it was something I'm doing wrong or weather anyone else is having the same issues
So what is the difference in online and usb flashing as long as the box is flashed

this is what i mean by the files below - Hope this is more clearer

Attachments

• pc 1.jpg
    pc 1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 36
i did have woosh infinity on originally but took it off because it was lagging its balls off and i wanted to give it a fresh install with usb thats when i come across it wouldn't flash with the new version of atv 6.4 ended up putting my september version back on and flashing it online as a work around

I've gone barebones atv 6.4 with needed plugins runs so much smoother

i did have woosh infinity on originally but took it off because it was lagging its balls off and i wanted to give it a fresh install with usb thats when i come across it wouldn't flash with the new version of atv 6.4 ended up putting my september version back on and flashing it online as a work around

I've gone barebones atv 6.4 with needed plugins runs so much smoother
Did you chose different slot when you online flash or you flashed on the first slot?

***** PLEASE NOTE*****

I got the box working again I had to resort to putting the September version of open atv 6.4 on to flash it off the usb , then online flash it afterwards now it’s fine

I just wanted some advice to see weather I’m doing something wrong putting the latest version on with usb stick or weather there’s an issue with the box flashing

I have the same box, did a software update last weekend and it didn't get past 'boot' after the reboot. Had to reflash it and had the same issues as you.
Managed to get 6.4 back on but its still a bit dodgy, slower boot times and its impossible to install something like a skin, what should take 2 mins goes on until I get bored and manually reboot the box

***** PLEASE NOTE*****

I got the box working again I had to resort to putting the September version of open atv 6.4 on to flash it off the usb , then online flash it afterwards now it’s fine

I just wanted some advice to see weather I’m doing something wrong putting the latest version on with usb stick or weather there’s an issue with the box flashing
looking at your files mate there should only be 7 files used.
get rid of the folder openatv 6.4 full recovery emmc.
use front slot to flash with nothing in back of box.
I used a 4gb usb.
Glad you got it sorted in the end.

looking at your files mate there should only be 7 files used.
get rid of the folder openatv 6.4 full recovery emmc.
use front slot to flash with nothing in back of box.
I used a 4gb usb.
Glad you got it sorted in the end.
i was wondering what the full recovery file is for mate , not sure if it was meant to be used or not

i was wondering what the full recovery file is for mate , not sure if it was meant to be used or not
full recovery will have full image the normal smaller recovery file does not contain image that is like the file I used to recover my zgemma h9 combo. I had red led and was stuck on boot the small recovery flashed and got me access to the multiboot recovery menu where I had choice to download and flash or select backup file stored on my internal hard drive that I did use to flash.
EDIT: forgot i could not get any of the images dated 28th to flash from usb I had to use older openatv-6.4-zgemmah9combo-20200331_recovery_emmc.zip flash file.

I have flashed 6.3 6.4 and 6.5 on my h9 twin this week following the instructions on video and using the files shown in the video.
I have also used them to flsh on the front to get to boot menu and recover another partition,a week off work bored and I've tried my hardest to break it.
but by following the video instructions it worked everytime.

I have flashed 6.3 6.4 and 6.5 on my h9 twin this week following the instructions on video and using the files shown in the video.
I have also used them to flsh on the front to get to boot menu and recover another partition,a week off work bored and I've tried my hardest to break it.
but by following the video instructions it worked everytime.
I was talking about images released on the 28th tried various flash drives new and older ones that had never failed me.

I have the same box, did a software update last weekend and it didn't get past 'boot' after the reboot. Had to reflash it and had the same issues as you.
Managed to get 6.4 back on but its still a bit dodgy, slower boot times and its impossible to install something like a skin, what should take 2 mins goes on until I get bored and manually reboot the box
Have you tried putting Willobuild or Grogbuild on your other patitions,it's worth installing then you can play around and see which you prefer.

I was talking about images released on the 28th tried various flash drives new and older ones that had never failed me.
I was just talking about the files to be used the video Urie,after the crash last week I've just been playing around and trying images so it may help other people.

I’ve also tried latest versions of open atv from December onwards , with various usbs and it’ll say flash then boot and boot up as normal

Box will flash ok if I put vix on using any usb sticks I have

I had to resort to :

openatv 6.4 - zgemmah9twin -20201102_mmc

openatv 6.4 - zgemmah9twin-20201102_recovery_emmc

to flash the box back to openatv 6.4 then online flash it

might just sack openatv 6.4 off and move to vix

Last edited:
I’ve also tried latest versions of open atv from December onwards , with various usbs and it’ll say flash then boot and boot up as normal

Box will flash ok if I put vix on using any usb sticks I have

I had to resort to :

openatv 6.4 - zgemmah9twin -20201102_mmc

openatv 6.4 - zgemmah9twin-20201102_recovery_emmc

to flash the box back to openatv 6.4 then online flash it

might just sack openatv 6.4 off and move to vix
Why not use vix jake ?

i didn't get on with vix last time i tried it

i was experimenting to see if my box is faulty or weather its openatv thats the i has been having real issues on the

i didn't get on with vix last time i tried it

i was experimenting to see if my box is faulty or weather its openatv thats the issue
People running zgemma h9 boxes have been having issues using atv for weeks

Back