ZGEMMA H9 TWIN cannot update openATV or flash new version

I need help also! Exactly the same scenario as Dammy.
I did the software updates yesterday (running OpenAtv 6.4 on H9 TWIN) as I'd not done it for a few weeks.
It did a restart and then got stuck on BOOT with a red light. I have tried reflashing it following the video in this thread, I've even tried reflashing it with 6.3.
Keep getting it to say FLSH and Open Atv is showing on the TV, but then it just resets itself again and goes back to boot with the red light.
I've tried 3 different USB's (16gb,8gb,64gb) all Sandisk and its still doing it. Been using Zgemma's for years! Never had this problem before.
Missing a day of football now :weary:
you could try this flash from openwebif or terminal

Moshibeth , helped me to resolve mine. You can beg him.i know he'll help you.
moshibeth already replied he is to busy he must be sick by now sorting these out.

Last edited:
I need help also! Exactly the same scenario as Dammy.
I did the software updates yesterday (running OpenAtv 6.4 on H9 TWIN) as I'd not done it for a few weeks.
It did a restart and then got stuck on BOOT with a red light. I have tried reflashing it following the video in this thread, I've even tried reflashing it with 6.3.
Keep getting it to say FLSH and Open Atv is showing on the TV, but then it just resets itself again and goes back to boot with the red light.
I've tried 3 different USB's (16gb,8gb,64gb) all Sandisk and its still doing it. Been using Zgemma's for years! Never had this problem before.
Missing a day of football now :weary:
I used the Openatv 6.5 files same way as in the video,put usb in front slot and remove anything in rear.Hold white and black buttons in together and then release white then black,it should say flsh and then boot with red light then the bootmenu should then come up on the screen.
If you have more than one build on your box click on the one you weren't using and it should start to boot up.Then you will have to reflash to a different partition using the flash online.Settings can then be restored.
Your original build is corrupted so don't click on it if the menu comes up.
If you only have one partition used,just click on boot menu and click on sub file you downloaded e.g. 6.5.and flash.
Hope this makes sense.

I clicked on the link and read messages. The guy said the command didn't work that he got error.
yes and you did not read full thread the guy had made mistake when pasting the script he had added an x to the end.
do you think Grog would have those in his signature links if they did not work.

I installed OpenVix instead, then managed to install OpenAtv afterwards.
My box is being very slow and struggling to install Wooshbuild. Something in that update has messed with my box for good

My box is being very slow and struggling to install Wooshbuild. Something in that update has messed with my box for good
Best thing you can do is leave wooshbuild off it full stop.Just install a bare bones image and add on the stuff only you need not these bloated builds everyone seems to use.Box will run much quicker.There is a bug on 6.4 so why not stick to vix.

Best thing you can do is leave wooshbuild off it full stop.Just install a bare bones image and add on the stuff only you need not these bloated builds everyone seems to use.Box will run much quicker.There is a bug on 6.4 so why not stick to vix.
I hardly notice any difference tbh, I've just always been on OpenAtv and Wooshbuild.
6.4 was ok up until the recent updates.
Given up on wooshbuild, in the process of adding chabs SkyQ skin and plugins now.
Won't let me ftp files to the box though which is strange

if it is just the skin you like in whooshbuild then look at chabs skyNEW skin thats what I use stopped using whoosbuild ages ago.

I hardly notice any difference tbh, I've just always been on OpenAtv and Wooshbuild.
6.4 was ok up until the recent updates.
Given up on wooshbuild, in the process of adding chabs SkyQ skin and plugins now.
Won't let me ftp files to the box though which is strange
on openatv 6.4 you need to go to network settings and set password before you can ftp to the box and you also when logging in you need to enter username and password.

Anyone who can telnet to the box should not be using pre builds full stop.I can set a box up in under 10 minutes once its flashed with bare bones firmware.

Hi all Does anyone know how to flash a zgemma h9 twin with the new ?

there's now 3 files:

mmc

recovery emmc

full recovery emmc

where as before it there were 2 files:

mmc

recovery emmc

does anyone know if this is right or something I'm doing wrong?

I followed the every step of the video at the top of this forum to flash it originally and I wanted to give it a reflash and a fresh version of open atv 6.4.

I have posted a picture of what the Usb file looks like with the old files on and a picture of the new files

All Usb sticks are formatted fat32 and every one of them flash with the old files on.

I do use the reset button on the back to flash like in the video or it wont flash .

when i flash with the old files the box will say boot , flash then come up with the boot menu like it does in the video posted above

when I add the new files the box will come on with the yellow dot for ages then say boot then flash it wont flash with the new files.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I have posted pictures of the files and what I mean

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture3.png
    Picture3.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 8
  • picture 4.png
    picture 4.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi all Does anyone know how to flash a zgemma h9 twin with the new ?

there's now 3 files:

mmc

recovery emmc

full recovery emmc

where as before it there were 2 files:

mmc

recovery emmc

does anyone know if this is right or something I'm doing wrong?

I followed the every step of the video at the top of this forum to flash it originally and I wanted to give it a reflash and a fresh version of open atv 6.4.

I have posted a picture of what the Usb file looks like with the old files on and a picture of the new files

All Usb sticks are formatted fat32 and every one of them flash with the old files on.

I do use the reset button on the back to flash like in the video or it wont flash .

when i flash with the old files the box will say boot , flash then come up with the boot menu like it does in the video posted above

when I add the new files the box will come on with the yellow dot for ages then say boot then flash it wont flash with the new files.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I have posted pictures of the files and what I mean

Thanks
Have you got the box stuck on boot

Have you got the box stuck on boot
No mate ,

I put the new files on a usb stick fat 32 formatted
Held the reset button then turned box on the red dot will come on it’ll say boot then flash then the yellow dot will come on and say boot , box starts booting up but hasn’t flashed

usually the boot menu comes up

I put the old version I have back on in the end as a temporary fix

Was just wondering if anyone else had issues with the newer versions of atv 6.4

No mate ,

I put the new files on a usb stick fat 32 formatted
Held the reset button then turned box on the red dot will come on it’ll say boot then flash then the yellow dot will come on and say boot , box starts booting up but hasn’t flashed

usually the boot menu comes up

I put the old version I have back on in the end as a temporary fix

Was just wondering if anyone else had issues with the newer versions of atv 6.4
Online flash it then as there has been loads of problems with the latest kerrnel updates so do not online update it but its ok to online flash

I had this issue with the 6.4 files.
I flashed OpenVix then flashed OpenAtv through the box online as a workaround.
What size usb stick are you using?

I had this issue with the 6.4 files.
I flashed OpenVix then flashed OpenAtv through the box online as a workaround.
What size usb stick are you using?
16gb and never had an issue till the new flash files come out

I haven’t got anything lower than that at the moment.

i always do online updates and never have an issue , I sometimes do online flashes but wanted to do it with the usb stick but it won’t flash with the 3 files

I’ve put the old 2 files back on now

16gb and never had an issue till the new flash files come out

I haven’t got anything lower than that at the moment.

i always do online updates and never have an issue , I sometimes do online flashes but wanted to do it with the usb stick but it won’t flash with the 3 files

I’ve put the old 2 files back on now
In your pics you have a folder called Zgemma H9s with the H9 twin or combo files in it.
What model is the box?

In your pics you have a folder called Zgemma H9s with the H9 twin or combo files in it.
What model is the box?
zgemma H9 Twin

The file it is saved in is called zgemma on my computer is h9s but that's for my own preference

i copy the files i need out of there to my USB stick

Back