ZGEMMA H9 TWIN cannot update openATV or flash new version

@bigwig21 , I don't have whoosbuild on but I did software update yesterday on my zgemma h9 combo. stuck on boot with red light. tried various usb thumbdrives even new ones no joy with latest builds of openatv 6.4 recovery or normal . had to use old openatv-6.4-zgemmah9combo-20200331_recovery_usb.zip

Than got me to boot menu where I could flash one of my backups that were stored on hard drive. So backup and running fresh backup made then I tried flash online update to latest openatv6.4 (newer ) version this was successfull so other backup made :laughing:

Iv'e been on openatv forums and reported zgemmah9 combi not booting after update some one else also reported it.

when I mentioned not using whoosbuild I do use chabs skynew skin V2.008. Also there were a lot of airdigital updates in the failed update.

@bigwig21 , I don't have whoosbuild on but I did software update yesterday on my zgemma h9 combo. stuck on boot with red light. tried various usb thumbdrives even new ones no joy with latest builds of openatv 6.4 recovery or normal . had to use old openatv-6.4-zgemmah9combo-20200331_recovery_usb.zip

Than got me to boot menu where I could flash one of my backups that were stored on hard drive. So backup and running fresh backup made then I tried flash online update to latest openatv6.4 (newer ) version this was successfull so other backup made :laughing:

Iv'e been on openatv forums and reported zgemmah9 combi not booting after update some one else also reported it.

when I mentioned not using whoosbuild I do use chabs skynew skin V2.008. Also there were a lot of airdigital updates in the failed update.
Hi URIE

Yes same problem,i actually used openatv 6.5 files[all the ones used in the video, 7 files] to get to flsh and then bootmenu to another partition just to get booted up.

Maybe a bug in 6.4 software update.

open6.4/wooshbuild/ kiddac slyk skin

For DAMMY

Quick update from yesterday,h9 twin
i did a software update this morning on openatv6.4/woosh and the box got stuck on boot with red light on.
i downloaded the latest 6.4 files and put on usb,removed hdd at back and put usb file in front slot and held white and black button and flsh came up and then to boot with red light,30 secs later the boot menu appeared so i moved to partition 1 where my origjnal build was and pressed ok to boot but went back to red light again.
i then did it again with usb in front flsh until the boot menu showed then clicked on partion 2 where 6.3 was and clicked on that and it booted up ok.
i then flashed 6.4 from the flash online on 6.3 partion 2 to partion 1 and when flashed restored settings.
if you only have one partion used you will have to use bootmenu/ok/flashlocalimage[openatv etc on usb] and flash from scratch.
the update must have corrupted the image on partion 1and could not be recovered.
hope this makes sense and helps.
Thank you so much. A guy on the forum helped me yesterday via teamviewer. And it working perfectly now.

Cheers

agreed, the quick fix brigade have little to no interest in how these systems work but for many on here trial & error is how we learn so we don't make the same mistakes twice

agreed, the quick fix brigade have little to no interest in how these systems work but for many on here trial & error is how we learn so we don't make the same mistakes twice
Totally agree but when it happens its sometimes hard to find the solutions and you have to ask the experts on here.:unsure:(y)

If there was something to gain from updating then I would advocate it.
Updating makes no improvements or noticeable changes other than serious problems for the end user

Only firmware i have known of to have issues with online updating is openatv.I have used all of them and the two most stable are blackhole and openvix.

Hi Moshi
Could you do a quick guide as how you did it without a usb.
Might help others if they have the same issue.
Maybe make it a sticky for the future
Not really as i do it via prompt command codes and all boxes are different or i would otherwise.Main thing which i say over and over and over again is to keep a usb stick mounted in the box and can be recovered then otherwise memory gets full and boxes will not respond to boot back up.

Not really as i do it via prompt command codes and all boxes are different or i would otherwise.Main thing which i say over and over and over again is to keep a usb stick mounted in the box and can be recovered then otherwise memory gets full and boxes will not respond to boot back up.
ok mate, for some reason I couldn't connect via network even with the hdd in the box so had to do it the old way with usb flash.
but like I said my partition must have been corrupted but luckily I had 6.3 in another partition so could use the old back up and restore settings.

ok mate, for some reason I couldn't connect via network even with the hdd in the box so had to do it the old way with usb flash.
but like I said my partition must have been corrupted but luckily I had 6.3 in another partition so could use the old back up and restore settings.
Use openvix and you will not have a problem is all I suggest. Not a fan of ATV as always seems buggy

Back