GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something isn’t right you should be getting 1 to 5 regardless mate in sd anyway! You definitely got the right net id in yes! If you got your line details saved try re installing grog free range and starting fresh!
You can add your line details in manually via the remote once grog installed.
Press portal on remote
Goto dream explorer and press it
Then go down to USR and press on it. Then press on KEYS
then go down to newcamd.list and press ok on your line details and press across with arrows and you can manually enter your line details! Number 1 is space and Decimal point. Previous on the remote let’s you delete back if make mistake. Once done that press ok then exit and it will ask to change press yes.
Exit out and go back to main screen and press red button. Press softcam panel make sure mgcamd 1.38r is Highlighted on cam 1 and press green to restart! Once done all should work fine
Graham, I feel really silly but when I changed my NET ID earlier on the tuners, I didn't change it in ABM when I did the scan, just changed it in ABM, done a rescan and eveything is working perfectly!

I feel like I have wasted your time with my newby error, but I really appreciate your help! When I was trying previously my NET ID in abm and on the tuners were the same, so it must have just been a case of not being the correct NET ID for my area. There are 3 different ones and it must have changed.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

if you go onto the eurosport HD channel and then press OK button twice you should see an SNR figure, also you should see details of your line in the right hand section.

Now switch to channel 101 (BBC 1 SD) and again press the OK button twice and check the SNR figure, is it similar to the eurosport SNR?

now go to channel 509 and again press the OK button twice, what is the SNR figure? do you see any line info on the right hand section?

Graham, I feel really silly but when I changed my NET ID earlier on the tuners, I didn't change it in ABM when I did the scan, just changed it in ABM, done a rescan and eveything is working perfectly!

I feel like I have wasted your time with my newby error, but I really appreciate your help! When I was trying previously my NET ID in abm and on the tuners were the same, so it must have just been a case of not being the correct NET ID for my area. There are 3 different ones and it must have changed.

you're not the first and won't be the last who changes the net id in one place and not another. We've all made newbie mistakes, even after years of doing it LOL

No mate least you learnt your way around the box a little more! Everybody is the same when first start! That’s what we are here for, great forum to be apart of! Enjoy mate no problem at all

if you go onto the eurosport HD channel and then press OK button twice you should see an SNR figure, also you should see details of your line in the right hand section.

Now switch to channel 101 (BBC 1 SD) and again press the OK button twice and check the SNR figure, is it similar to the eurosport SNR?

now go to channel 509 and again press the OK button twice, what is the SNR figure? do you see any line info on the right hand section?
It's now sorted, the problem was my NET ID and the NET ID in ABM were not matching, as soon as they were and I did a scan everything worked. I feel slightly silly now :p thanks for your help. It's a really smooth build, I like it!

No mate least you learnt your way around the box a little more! Everybody is the same when first start! That’s what we are here for, great forum to be apart off! Enjoy mate no problem at all
I certainly know a lot more about the box than I did! I certainly will never make that mistake again :p thanks once again!

Hey all.
How do i setup VPN on Grog?
I've had a search and can't find any mention in this thread
Thanks for any help

Hey all.
How do i setup VPN on Grog?
I've had a search and can't find any mention in this thread
Thanks for any help
I have never set up a VPN on the boxes but it is no different to any other ATV build, apart from wooshbuild which I believe has a plugin for specific providers). Take a look at http://www.techkings.org/resources/enigma2-open-vpn-document.56/ by @dsayers2014 I've not gone through it myself as not had the need to.

EDIT: the download link in above resource is no longer available, try reading http://techkings.org/threads/openvpn-with-my-private-network-on-enigma2.135282/ again by @dsayers2014

Hi folks i was hoping to get some help with an error i been getting on screen recently after an online update, the error is with AutoTimer, whenever i use the AutoTimer function since the online update i receive this error message and the autotimer doesnt record as intended.

I installed freerange sometime last year.

Thanks for any support!

Attachments

• 1551977300952-2042143984.jpg
    1551977300952-2042143984.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi folks i was hoping to get some help with an error i been getting on screen recently after an online update, the error is with AutoTimer, whenever i use the AutoTimer function since the online update i receive this error message and the autotimer doesnt record as intended.

I installed freerange sometime last year.

Thanks for any support!
that would suggest one of the items updated was bad

Well i decided to do a fresh install of your build grog, installation has gone fine, i tried the autotimer again and its still re creating the same error message, what would you suggest just bare with it and hopefully if i keep checking for online updates there will be a replacement for the bad update that would with a bit of luck resolve the problem? I tried removing the autotimer plugin and re installing it but that didnt help.

I noticed too that the top picks are not showing either in the menu, is there something i need to do to get them to display?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi grog68,I've done a few zgemma h1 and h2 with Grogbuild free range...my problem is it regularly freezes on any channel and remote control is unresponsive,which requires a reboot to fix problem...Any idea's on a fix Thanks

Hi grog68,I've done a few zgemma h1 and h2 with Grogbuild free range...my problem is it regularly freezes on any channel and remote control is unresponsive,which requires a reboot to fix problem...Any idea's on a fix Thanks
try setting up a swap file, RED Button -> Plugins -> Swapmanager

So as far as the auto timer problem im getting, is there anything i can do about it on my part? Or do i just have to wait it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back