PS3 Jail break hack guide and software

What that means is that over and over in this thread, it has been stated at what firmware this ceases to work at. Take some time and read through the thread and almost all of your questions will be answered.

Hello guys, first post here :)
I have a ps3 bought around 1 year and half ago which i didnt use the past 11 months. I found out this thread and i read it.
I didnt understand if this jailbreak method uses bought hardware usb or i can use my own. The 1st post at some point says ' insert ps jailbreak into your console's usb..'
It refers to the usb flash disk which i will create using the guide or to a bought usb one? The whole process is software only? I must add that im completely n00b in such
methods (flashing, jailbreaking etc)

Thank you in advance.

This is what i use
5048c77f0c2172197409e4b37f70473a.jpg

You get psgroove to which ever payload you prefer,hermes v3 is what im using,you will get backup manager and openmanager,plus install pkg.
You will need to be on 3.41 firmware or at least 3.15.let me know what you have and i will continue to advise you more

First of all thank you for your response :)

I was assuming i needed a hardware usb so i went a little different direction (after lots of reading i must admit :grin: ). First i updated my firmware version to 3.41 - i had 3.10 or something - and then used my hd2 htc
running android to jb my ps3 (psfreedom i think). I believe i succeeded because i have installed the back up manager correctly. Now to the questions :

1)How can i install and play back up game? Do i need a disc in tray? Do i need other programs?
2)Do i need to make the same procedure (booting with the hd2 connected) everytime i want to play backups?

Thank you again in advance :)

you will need to connect it every time for now,some managers require a disc in tray and others dont,most of the games i have need the disc in tray,now that might be down to the manager i installed them with,you can ftp games to the internal harddrive with ftp blackbox on your ps3 and just run ftp from your explorer,some games will work off externall hdd in a folder called GAMEZ

Is there a way to transfer the game from an external hdd to the ps3? (im interested playing the games from internal hdd). And if there is, how?
Are there any special compatibility games? I mean every game is copied and played with the same way without updating anything? Im a bit confused about this matter

When you have your backup manager installed,i use gaia,open manager 2.1 and the jailbreak backup manager you will be able to attach a external hdd,make sure you it is formatted to fat 32,make a file called GAMEZ on it and put some games on,there is a compatibility list you can google for it.some larger games will have to be ftp to the internal drive of the ps3.All i can say is with your games connect a external to the usb port with the file i said,open your backup manager and backup your game,it will be trial and error as to which go where,if it offers to the internal first hdd0 just click no and you should then be presented with the option to backup to the external or vice versa,uncharted went to my internal,assasins went to external

I came home to the pleasant surprise of my second PS3 being updated to 3.41...coincidence?? I don't really care, at least I can try this out. Thanks for all the info.

twolley10 is what actually true,

a bit more info in your post/question would be helpful

post deleted

anyone heard about that ps3 hack? does anyone know how it works to hack the ps3? i read much but i cant find any files or stuff to hack my ps3. do i still need a dongle?

right aint had a PSJailbreak for a while now, so with all changes rumours and all sorts flying around, which one should i get now for my PS3?

mine was already jailbroken but the dongle messed up.

Right...

May be getting a Slim PS3 next week, any update on what i should be looking for if i want to jailbreak it or should i leave it as it is for the mean time?

£40 per game is not exactly what i had in mind. :whacko:

Dan depending on your firmware version,if your lucky it will be 3.55,kmeaw is what i recomend for it,you wont need a dongle

Alright, i will look out for the firmware version.. :)

Is there anyway of blocking the PS3 connecting to the PSN store? [i.e. not getting a banned console as i dont intend to game online]. I will however use it browse the net through WiFi.

If i were to get guarantee on the system, and bring it home to find that it has version 3.55 and i want to jailbreak it. Then is there really anyway of reverting back to the original firmware if something were to go wrong and i had to send it back? Mind you, if it were something to do with the fan, and it then gets replaced and checked, i'll be screwed..

Back