Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

You get a USB adapter, then connect that in-between power source and device. You'll have to plug in AC for enough power and get USB stick or HDD. There are plenty adapters out so pick whichever suits. Might be worth looking at Nvidia shield if you're looking to do heavy-duty tasks
would the chromecast power source be enough when using the hub

You can use your E2 for VOD movies and series if you have the m3u or host, port, user and password.
Install xtreamity plugin and away you go, it displays artwork and synopses like android
I too have a VU+ Duo 2 and use it for both free to air Sat tv and IPTV... it took me a while to work it all out but I use VPN Manager, NordVPN, JediMakerXtream and am really happy with the ability to have a full EPG and the ability to record the Sat programmes (have never managed to consistently record an iptv stream.

I've just bought a 75inch TV for the extension we're building and am going to need a second box - any thoughts on the newer VU+ boxes or should I be looking further afield?

I too have a VU+ Duo 2 and use it for both free to air Sat tv and IPTV... it took me a while to work it all out but I use VPN Manager, NordVPN, JediMakerXtream and am really happy with the ability to have a full EPG and the ability to record the Sat programmes (have never managed to consistently record an iptv stream.

I've just bought a 75inch TV for the extension we're building and am going to need a second box - any thoughts on the newer VU+ boxes or should I be looking further afield?
Are you going to be connected to a sat dish or aerial for Freesat and Freeview?
If not you may be better off using Android device for iptv

Are you going to be connected to a sat dish or aerial for Freesat and Freeview?
If not you may be better off using Android device for iptv
Yes, I will use sat dish for freeview and then iptv for all of the extras. I like the 1080 skin on the VU+ box and have all of the relevant plugins running pretty smoothly, worried that if I move to something new I will be disappointed.

Yes, I will use sat dish for freeview and then iptv for all of the extras. I like the 1080 skin on the VU+ box and have all of the relevant plugins running pretty smoothly, worried that if I move to something new I will be disappointed.
Ive not used a VU box but if you are happy with the one you have, get a second.

Just ordered new 4K 65inch tv and wanting best iptv setup to take advantage of it.
I currently have a sub provider, with main channels in 1080p @ around 25fps, although a few are at 4k @ 50fps.
I have been using a Formuler z7+ box, but wondering if Nvidia shield tv would improve the picture quality with its AI upscaling?
Can anyone give their experience / advice on the best possible setup, thanks.
1647377333293.png

Just ordered new 4K 65inch tv and wanting best iptv setup to take advantage of it.
I currently have a sub provider, with main channels in 1080p @ around 25fps, although a few are at 4k @ 50fps.
I have been using a Formuler z7+ box, but wondering if Nvidia shield tv would improve the picture quality with its AI upscaling?
View attachment 73385

A better sub on your z7+ will give you a better picture than a worse sub on a Nvidia Shield. The UK sports and movie channels plus loads more are widely available in FHD at 50fps so I'd suggest taking a few trials to see for yourself what's out there.

View attachment 73385
The shield will give you more 4k options via other apps Prime and hookie Netflix for instance plus other side loaded apps your tv doesn't come with, not sure Z7 can do that

A better sub on your z7+ will give you a better picture than a worse sub on a Nvidia Shield. The UK sports and movie channels plus loads more are widely available in FHD at 50fps so I'd suggest taking a few trials to see for yourself what's out there.
Thanks for advice, I'll test a few better subs and see what they are like on the new tv.

The shield will give you more 4k options via other apps Prime and hookie Netflix for instance plus other side loaded apps your tv doesn't come with, not sure Z7 can do that
Ok thanks, I'll bear that in mind. Is the AI upscaling on Shield worth having, even if I get an improved quality sub, ie, 1080p @ 50fps.
Reason I'm asking - I've seen positive reviews on the shield AI upscaling.
Maybe the ultimate = better quality sub + shield AI upscaling ?

Is the AI upscaling on Shield worth having, even if I get an improved quality sub, ie, 1080p @ 50fps.
Not really. If you have a good source, like a recent HD programme on Netflix then AI does enhance the picture quality. If the pic quality is cack, then the upscale just increases the defects.

Not really. If you have a good source, like a recent HD programme on Netflix then AI does enhance the picture quality. If the pic quality is cack, then the upscale just increases the defects.
Got it, most important is good source, thanks.

Yes but when you test them properly they are not 50fps apart from a few. No fta channel supplies 50fps sky don't supply 50fps NOWTV supply a few. Most movie channels at least will have the new hevec they are not 50 fps

But you can watch 50/60 fps content on various USA Channels.

I fell for it months ago learnt how to check them and most were 25fps

Yes but when you test them properly they are not 50fps apart from a few. No fta channel supplies 50fps sky don't supply 50fps NOWTV supply a few. Most movie channels at least will have the new hevec they are not 50 fps

But you can watch 50/60 fps content on various USA Channels.

I fell for it months ago learnt how to check them and most were 25fps

You are mistaken Mike. Often you quote your own experience as fact when it's not the case.

Back