Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

No mate it's a fact they are not 50fps as the pics show as the frame rate is getting measured in real time. I am not saying they are not good streams they are just not 50fps.

Oooo you done it now :sneaky:
So there's 2 reasons not to buy it then. He cleared that up for himself

Last edited:
Also cleared up that the shield can not handle everything…

No probably agree on that bit evreything has limitations. But for a allround media device nothing comes close really.

The kids knick mine more than I use it now. I play the odd game.

Let's face it if you just want to watch IPTV a HD firestick will do the job or a 4k one of you want to stream a 4k film as long as your WiFi is strong enough.

No probably agree on that bit evreything has limitations. But for a allround media device nothing comes close really.

The kids knick mine more than I use it now. I play the odd game.

Let's face it if you just want to watch IPTV a HD firestick will do the job or a 4k one of you want to stream a 4k film as long as your WiFi is strong enough.
I second this. 4K /4K max firestick would still be my recommendation, gives you what you want for 95% of people.

It reverts back to same who gives a shite about fps it’s all about saving money tbh dosnt matter if 720 sd or hd at 50 fps just think of money your saving.
Same with devices who gives a shite if it’s a shield android tv formuler as long as your getting to watch your iptv then what’s it matter.

I think Tivimate is shi* a bad app
I don't see how you could make that remark, Tivimate is probably the only app that can mananage multiple subs, also you can hide all the stuff you don't want or would never view! I have used every app there is some hard wired to supplier and none of them measure up, some suppliers who supply apps for there own multiple subs use xciptv or Smarters type appsnthat can't handle the mass epg.
The only app and device I have not tried is Mytvonline and Formula box so couldn't comment on that. If you need to know the correct frame rate there is an app for Shield call Refresh rate tool and it will show the rate to a percentage Netflix 23.9! etc

Agree with the above as from my experience the best 2 apps are tivimate for android devices and Mytvonline 2 for formuler devices. The Buzztv 5 app is also as good as the mytvonline .

I don't see how you could make that remark, Tivimate is probably the only app that can mananage multiple subs, also you can hide all the stuff you don't want or would never view! I have used every app there is some hard wired to supplier and none of them measure up, some suppliers who supply apps for there own multiple subs use xciptv or Smarters type appsnthat can't handle the mass epg.
The only app and device I have not tried is Mytvonline and Formula box so couldn't comment on that. If you need to know the correct frame rate there is an app for Shield call Refresh rate tool and it will show the rate to a percentage Netflix 23.9! etc
Most can handle multiple subs and hide stuff mate. I have got to say I am very impressed with IMPLAYERS built in sports guide

Most can handle multiple subs and hide stuff mate. I have got to say I am very impressed with IMPLAYERS built in sports guide
Xciptv has the sports guide also
you can do that in smarters via parental control I think it is but I know you can do it via smarters as I hid kids channels so didn’t get blagged with Cartoon Network 🤣🤣

I will never understand obsession with fps and wanting true HD quality.

If the quality is decent then will suffice for most I would imagine.

Devices like firestick or chromecast are sufficient also for running iptv and for alot there wouldn't be a need to go overboard with something like the shield or apple TV.

Devices like firestick or chromecast are sufficient also for running iptv and for alot there wouldn't be a need to go overboard with something like the shield or apple TV.
Exactly bud it’s about saving money

Tivimate clearly isn't a **** app as some one posted , I personally don't like it or IM player , but am only talking cosmetics , the skins on both the apps don't appeal to me personally.
Regarding differences in resolutions , I have a shield and watching either live or vod ( not using tivimate app ), I can press the appropriate key on the remote and upscale from. basic , have been doing this as a matter of habit for years and I can honestly say , with my naked eye , I cannot and have never , noticed a difference in the picture on the screen :unsure::LOL:

you can do that in smarters via parental control I think it is but I know you can do it via smarters as I hid kids channels so didn’t get blagged with Cartoon Network 🤣🤣
I know bud

I know bud, but if you have a large selection of TV tv shows and vod it can take 3 days to load, Tivimate is updated before you switch on!

To be fair , I have sticks in kitchen and bedrooms , but lounge and my sports room , I have shield and formuler. For me it's not a question of resolutions, as you say the pic on the stick is as good. Its about scrolling lists and widgets , the shield is super smooth , the lower spec stick can't do that. the formuler has the superior connection between its remote and the MTVOL2 app.

What a strange view to have in an age of 4k, UHD, OLED etc. If the quality didn't matter we'd all still be watching SD content on old CRT tv's.
It would have saved me a few Bob on my 4k 65 inch smart tv.
Tbh I like my IPTV Netflix Prime and all my apps in the best quality I can get, plus I want it integrated in my entertainment including sound quality and going by the iptv requests so do a lot of people

Back