Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

Nothing wrong with the old panasonic viera plasma tv's channelking better than the shite they make nowadays' i know a few people who have them to this day there bulletproof' i just got a 55" hisense roku 4k and the picture quality on 4k broadcasts is awful with hdr' 1080p is fine so i just stick to that.
I agree mate.

Despite how old it is the old Panasonic plasmas are considered some of the best TVs ever produced and still hold its own today.

There was another brand forget the name now considered the best plasma ever made with the deep blacks. The price of those was insane even years after it was released.

I agree mate.

Despite how old it is the old Panasonic plasmas are considered some of the best TVs ever produced and still hold its own today.

There was another brand forget the name now considered the best plasma ever made with the deep blacks. The price of those was insane even years after it was released.
That was pioneer that TV was mega expensive.

Ye that it's.

Best plasma ever made so no wonder price was so high then.
Yeah that was the top one but Panasonic viera's are brilliant TVs the plasmas were good.
My old man has always had viera's he got one of the newer 4k ones at the moment. the picture quality and sound is really good.

Yeah that was the top one but Panasonic viera's are brilliant TVs the plasmas were good.
My old man has always had viera's he got one of the newer 4k ones at the moment. the picture quality and sound is really good.
New ones are not as good as the old Panasonic plasmas imo.

The blacks aren't as deep and colours aren't as vibrant either on the new Panasonic panels. But that's just from what I saw at Costco with the ones on display.

New ones are not as good as the old Panasonic plasmas imo.

The blacks aren't as deep and colours aren't as vibrant either on the new Panasonic panels. But that's just from what I saw at Costco with the ones on display.
I think it depends on what model you have.
I had top range Panasonic viera plasma and a smaller cheaper one.
The difference between in picture quality was quite noticeable.
Finally let my big one go last year to have a 4k TV.

I think it depends on what model you have.
I had top range Panasonic viera plasma and a smaller cheaper one.
The difference between in picture quality was quite noticeable.
Finally let my big one go last year to have a 4k TV.
Ye I agree the top plasma models would always have superior picture quality compared to lesser models.

Good thing with old TVs is if you have insurance on them then you get a brand new tv to either same value or identical make just a different model if/when they break accidentally/ on purpose 👀👀

Was wondering what good customisable streaming stick/box is.

Getting tired of trying to fight and block amazon Updates where they are just trying to push more and more ads down. Have a custom launcher on all my fire tvs/cubes - and a Blocklist on Adguard to stop it updating.

But tired of trying to always block their updates as it's cat and mouse stuff.

Any good streaming box/stick which I can skin to my own liking.

Personally I tested the android box mecool KM9 pro Google certified and works like a firestick and never needs any updating like Amazon stick plus has both ethernet slot and WiFi dual band.
Price quality ratio is good about £60 to £70

Otherwise you have the high end boxes like buzztv XRS 4500 or 4900 or the formuler boxes.

Personally I tested the android box mecool KM9 pro Google certified and works like a firestick and never needs any updating like Amazon stick plus has both ethernet slot and WiFi dual band.

Otherwise you have the high end boxes like buzztv XRS 4500 or 4900 or the formuler boxes.
The problem with not updating I see is the security issue , with the fire tv at least the updates also are bringing security fixes given these devices are connected to the internet.

Was looking for something like fire tv which receives regular security updates but also actually doesn't try to force you to use their crappy launchers and add filled home pages.

Otherwise for firestick users:
Additional settings you may not know about to check on Firestick to ensure security and manage storage space + free up ram.

Check you are running the latest software version and then from the home screen goto settings and then Preferences and click on it.
Click on Privacy Settings
Make sure:
Device Usage Data is OFF
Collect App Usage Data is OFF
Interest-based Ads is OFF

Back up once,
Click on Data Monitoring
Turn Data Monitoring OFF

Back up once,
Click on Notification Settings
Make sure Do Not Interrupt says ON.

Back up once,
click on Featured Content
Make sure it says OFF on both Video and Audio

Back up twice,
scroll left to Applications, and click on it.
Click on Amazon Photos.
Make Sure Allow Guest Connections is OFF.
Make sure Access Amazon Photos is DISABLED.
Black up once.

Click on Appstore.
Turn Notifications OFF.
Make sure Hide Cloud Apps says ON.
Back up Twice.

Scroll left to Display and Sounds, and click on it.
Click on screensaver.
Turn Start Time to NEVER.
Turn Display Info to OFF.
(Screensaver takes up massive amounts of app cache on your stick!)

The mecool has drm level 1 so if you use legit subscriptions no 480p

Otherwise go for the Buzztv Vidstick 4GB 128GB storage as i is my favorite one personally specially when travelling lol

Back