Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

That will make no difference in the future, You can work round the YouTube issue with Vance if that was a thing.
I'm happy with 4k YouTube which it provides.
There are more negatives to the Formuler with Netflix and other Google approved apps ! You will have to side loads mobile versions of crappy SD apps

Thanks for the info and the reply! I can stream YT and Netflix etc from my TV so the AV1 is not an issue there, was thinking more in a IPTV (future) context?

I think people are expecting the Fire stick issue to be a killer

I seen this reply on reddit and figured it was worth posting here so no one panics and spends money they maybe don't have

"Amazon has not said yet they are changing the OS on the Firesticks. They have developed their own OS which is not android based, and they are using it on some devices. But at this time there is no official announcement that they will use it on the Firesticks. This is going around on social media and people are freaking out like the sky is falling.
IF and WHEN this happens:
  1. They will not change the operating system on current devices.
  2. If they do, the devices with the existing OS will be supported for a minimum of 4 years after they are discontinued. Amazon has always promised this.
  3. Even after Amazon quits supporting the devices with updates, it will still function just fine for another 2-3 years.
So, if Amazon does announce they will change the OS, purchase the latest generation available before the change and you will still be good for 6-7 years and in that much time, the streaming world as we know it will go through many more changes. No need to panic."

Last edited:
Never thought what do u get then could explain what u get brother.

My parents have the 128gb apple 4k.
Bionic chip
4gb ram(I think)

Amazing picture quality just as good as the shield if not better imo.
Everything certified so no 480p either.

Great remote and as for IPTV apps my OAP parents love tivimax(tivimate clone for iOS)
Or they use a new app called UHF.

Not really an apple fan but that box is quality.

My parents have the 128gb apple 4k.
Bionic chip
4gb ram(I think)

Amazing picture quality just as good as the shield if not better imo.
Everything certified so no 480p either.

Great remote and as for IPTV apps my OAP parents love tivimax(tivimate clone for iOS)
Or they use a new app called UHF.

Not really an apple fan but that box is quality.
In terms of raw power the shield is no match for the Apple TV, I have both. If you try a 4:2:2 satellite feed, not something the general user does, the shield falls over at the first hurdle. Whereas the Apple TV does a semi decent job.

Also I find apps available on both perform better on the Apple TV.

In terms of raw power the shield is no match for the Apple TV, I have both. If you try a 4:2:2 satellite feed, not something the general user does, the shield falls over at the first hurdle. Whereas the Apple TV does a semi decent job.

What devices does the 4:2:2 satellite feed really well?

Does what it says on the tin.

Well worth the money especially for the ones who like their legit services in high quality.

Is it worth upgrading my 2017 Nvidia Shield for a 2019 Pro model? Also been considering an apple TV box but is IPTV considerably worse on the apple TV?

Is it worth upgrading my 2017 Nvidia Shield for a 2019 Pro model? Also been considering an apple TV box but is IPTV considerably worse on the apple TV
Iptv runs on a Firestick it will definitely run on an Apple TV device. Doubt you will notice any difference on the newer shield compared to older the shield for just iptv. Not that I own any but I’m sure someone will clarify it.

my parents use to have a preset T2 dreamlink running Dol2
all it ever did was crash and freeze
any apps that you downloaded forget about it, just freeze and crash. constant downtime etc.. and very difficult settings to get around. very slow.
I recently splurged and purchased an Nvidia sheild, and Holy mack, this thing is lightning, no wonder ppl use it for gaming.
I'm new to all this so I have registered here on techkings and am now in the process to set it up. wish me luck...

That will make no difference in the future, You can work round the YouTube issue with Vance if that was a thing.
I'm happy with 4k YouTube which it provides.
There are more negatives to the Formuler with Netflix and other Google approved apps ! You will have to side loads mobile versions of crappy SD apps
Yip Toddy, have a look at the video I made just shortly ago,with a phone from the top of the Empire State Building in NEWYORK,so that being played through an ordinary Hd tv is great,but try it through the Nvidia Shield,and it’s brilliant,now this is just my take on it that Jimmy made,but have a look,although you’ll need an Nvidia shield to get the full view,you can get the gist of it through your tv,look up ( jimmythefish-cart) on YouTube Without the brackets 👍

Yip Toddy, have a look at the video I made just shortly ago,with a phone from the top of the Empire State Building in NEWYORK,so that being played through an ordinary Hd tv is great,but try it through the Nvidia Shield,and it’s brilliant,now this is just my take on it that Jimmy made,but have a look,although you’ll need an Nvidia shield to get the full view,you can get the gist of it through your tv,look up ( jimmythefish-cart) on YouTube Without the brackets 👍
Lots of TVS now have AI upscaling.
Great if you watch older content that’s not available in 4k.
It will enhance it on a 4k TV and it will not make it look like true 4k content.
1080p content will look more like 2k.
Here is the the criteria for full AI upscaling on the shield
IMG_3163.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of TVS now have AI upscaling.
Great if you watch older content that’s not available in 4k.
It will enhance it on a 4k TV and it will not make it look like true 4k content.
1080p content will look more like 2k.
Here is the the criteria for full AI upscaling on the shield
View attachment 101362
You are probably right about some TVs now, the thread is about the best box!
In my opinion The Shield is that beast.

Back