Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

You are probably right about some TVs now, the thread is about the best box!
In my opinion The Shield is that beast.
It’s the best box for IPTV and you don’t need to pay Shield prices to run IPTV as it’s a waist of money.
If you need to run high end content with good codec support then you will need a high device. You may also need a decent TV with a decent Sound system to take advantage of that device and the content your are viewing.
But for IPTV you don’t need a high device.

It’s the best box for IPTV and you don’t need to pay Shield prices to run IPTV as it’s a waist of money.
If you need to run high end content with good codec support then you will need a high device. You may also need a decent TV with a decent Sound system to take advantage of that device and the content your are viewing.
But for IPTV you don’t need a high device.
I do, that's your opinion.
I don't get the problems that others get with different boxes on my groups.
Just get the best and be done with !

I do, that's your opinion.
I don't get the problems that others get with different boxes on my groups.
Just get the best and be done with !
That’s your opinion and subjective but you haven’t tried every box on the market and I haven’t either.
Not sure what devices you are talking about in your groups but spending nearly £200 on a device that was aimed at gaming just to run IPTV is a waste of money imo.
You can buy something much cheaper that will run IPTV fine.
Running iptv is not than resource hungry anyway.
I am just trying to point out that people don’t have to buy a high-end box just to run IPTV and potentially save themselves some money.
I don’t see the harm in that.

That’s your opinion and subjective but you haven’t tried every box on the market and I haven’t either.
Not sure what devices you are talking about in your groups but spending nearly £200 on a device that was aimed at gaming just to run IPTV is a waste of money imo.
You can buy something much cheaper that will run IPTV fine.
Running iptv is not than resource hungry anyway.
I am just trying to point out that people don’t have to buy a high-end box just to run IPTV and potentially save themselves some money.
I don’t see the harm in that.
Like I said you have your opinion, buy right and you will be still using the box in 7 years time as Shield is supported.and updated
I have tried most and still own some in a box under the stairs.
Save money by getting the right box and you won't be buying any more (when the Z25 comes out)

1 box does it all iplayer ect, but i think you are right about the remote not a patch on formuler or buzz boxes remotes.

Like I said you have your opinion, buy right and you will be still using the box in 7 years time as Shield is supported.and updated
I have tried most and still own some in a box under the stairs.
Save money by getting the right box and you won't be buying any more (when the Z25 comes out)
You must have spent some right money If you have tried most which I doubt because it’s an extensive list.
Unless you are tech reviewer maybe?
Do you seriously believe that Nvidia will keep updating this device for another seven years?lol

You must have spent some right money If you have tried most which I doubt because it’s an extensive list.
Unless you are tech reviewer maybe?
Do you seriously believe that Nvidia will keep updating this device for another seven years?lol
Yes ! They are still updating the 2017 model and I guess that is 7 years if you can manage to work that out.
Come back in another 20 minutes when you have thought of a smartass reply.

Yes ! They are still updating the 2017 model and I guess that is 7 years if you can manage to work that out.
Come back in another 20 minutes when you have thought of a smartass reply.
I am not making any smartass replies.
I assumed that you meant that they would keep supporting a device into the future that was made in 2017 and 2019.
Which nobody actually really knows what Nvidia’s plans are.
Nobody knows if they will even update to the next Android version.

Channel 4
I know you are talking about the Channel 4 app but you said Because no TVs have added that to their smart list.
Wasn’t sure you meant Android devices or Smart TV’s.
Because it’s only available on Amazon devices, Apple TV devices and certain Smart TVS.
Which I do find bizarre tbh.

Last edited:
Back