Are Sly blocking firestick devices for iptv?

Sb13

Hi Guys!
new to the site..thought I’d join as I’ve got a bit of head scratcher that I want to get to the bottom of.
I wondered if anyone has experienced sly blocking firesticks via wifi? (Sorry I’m not very up to date with the tech lingo)

Thing is, even with the VPN on (Surfshark) the iptv is buffering. The iptv does work tho as I bought a brand new fs and iptv worked fine on that with vpn switched on before the iptv was activated.
I don’t know if it’s got anything to do with the age of the firestick, but the same buffering firestick works elsewhere with different internet provider with or without vpn.
If sly are blocking the device, is there a way around it?

issue with sly & nowtv
Tried service on mobile with wifi/vpn and works

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm with sly and not blocked from using iptv have you turned sky shield off as that blocks iptv if you are using the 1st gen firestick then upgrade to the 4k one.
Has your provider blocked sly end users and only way is via vpn

I'm with sly and not blocked from using iptv have you turned sky shield off as that blocks iptv if you are using the 1st gen firestick then upgrade to the 4k one.
Has your provider blocked sly end users and only way is via vpn
Sorry, should have mentioned shields are off on both nowtv & sly.
yeah prob right with with upgrading fs as the new one I got worked.
Just annoyed the older one has stopped and wanted to get around it.

This may sound daft, how do you turn sky shield off please, thanks.

Sky Broadband On Sky Broadband the tool you want to disable is called Sky Shield. To do so please follow these steps. • · Go to Sky Broadband - Best superfast broadband & phone deals | Sky.com • · Click the Sign In button • · For some bizarre reason, Sky may forward you to the Sky.com home page, if it does, then reload Sky Broadband - Best superfast broadband & phone deals | Sky.com • · You will now see a page that says activate “Sky Shield”, this does NOT mean your sky shield is off • · Click activate Sky Shield • · Sky Shield is likely set to "suitable for everyone" or "teens and older", to disable it set it to "suitable for adults only" and click save

To be honest it is likley to be a supplier issue i think bazz has sky broadband and dosen't even use a VPN. I am not sure how your supplier would know you are using sly unless you tell them.

To be honest it is likley to be a supplier issue i think bazz has sky broadband and dosen't even use a VPN. I am not sure how your supplier would know you are using sly unless you tell them.
IP checker plus on panels tells you who end users isp is so I've been told

Back