Best BUDGET box

C.S

Forum Supporter
I don't know what the OPs mum is like but of it was my mum the ease of use for the firestick is what pushes it for me (although I have supplied her with a mag box now but the OP wanted entry level pricing). I have had, and still have, a variety of boxes ranging from Android boxes and firesticks through to the Nvidia Shield Pro (amazing bit of kit, wish I had got one sooner) and in terms of value and simplicity of use I personally prefer the firestick.

Dazza88

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
I don't know what the OPs mum is like but of it was my mum the ease of use for the firestick is what pushes it for me (although I have supplied her with a mag box now but the OP wanted entry level pricing). I have had, and still have, a variety of boxes ranging from Android boxes and firesticks through to the Nvidia Shield Pro (amazing bit of kit, wish I had got one sooner) and in terms of value and simplicity of use I personally prefer the firestick.
Ordered a Nvidia shield tv today, hoping it’s a decent bit of kit.

Just set up a 4K stick for my mum though and I agree they are so easy to use and surprisingly fast for a good price. Even at £50.

C.S

Forum Supporter
Ordered a Nvidia shield tv today, hoping it’s a decent bit of kit.

Just set up a 4K stick for my mum though and I agree they are so easy to use and surprisingly fast for a good price. Even at £50.
Did you get the new tube one? I got one of those and was so impressed I got hold of the pro at a slightly inflated price for the main TV. I was really impressed by it. Had a bit of glitching on my LG OLED but once I set the correct tv resolution/refresh rate it was bang on. Full 7.1 passthrough and upscaling of 1080p. (Sorry for the hijack OP, I've become a bit of a preacher on these sticks the last couple of weeks :) ). I'll shut up now...

Dazza88

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Did you get the new tube one? I got one of those and was so impressed I got hold of the pro at a slightly inflated price for the main TV. I was really impressed by it. Had a bit of glitching on my LG OLED but once I set the correct tv resolution/refresh rate it was bang on. Full 7.1 passthrough and upscaling of 1080p. (Sorry for the hijack OP, I've become a bit of a preacher on these sticks the last couple of weeks :) ). I'll shut up now...
Yeh been looking at that, the formuler z8 and buzzxrs 4000 the last few weeks and I got a deal on the Nvidia shield tv today so snapped it up, so the 4K stick is going up stairs now.