Best Device For IPTV Where Satellite Dish Can Also Be Used

Hey guys.
After substantial research and speaking to a lot of the pros on here it was advised that at the moment one of the best devices to get IPTV on was the Amazon 4k Firestick.

However I completely forgot to mention at the time that I have a satellite dish and also a cable tuner, and ideally would like to use at least one of these tuners so that I can still have access to all the freeview channels provided IPTV goes down temporarily.

Can you please advise what device would be best to do this on where I can basically plug in my satellite dish or cable ariel in the back of the device so I still have access to freeview channels while also having access to IPTV? I would like to know which device would work best for this purpose?

I dont think the Amazon 4k Firestick will allow this however I may be wrong but would greatly appreciate your professional knowledge on this.

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Is this a Enigma2 box?
How good is this box with IPTV?

Looks a bit like my Vu+ Duo which im trying to get rid of as it works absolutely shit with IPTV.

I wasnt to keen on Enigma2 as I have a Vu+ Duo at the moment and have tried several IPTV providers but works absolutely shit. Hence was thinking of going for a android box which is known for IPTV to work the best on and also has the majority of IPTV providers as com pared to Enigma2.

The issue with Enigma2 is there is not many IPTV providers support it. Thanks for letting me know its not Enigma2 but more the box. A lot of IPTV providers I have spoken to have recommended getting an android box as IPTV apparently works immaculately with those hence the reason why I was after a android box with satellite receiver.

OpenVix. Ive tried Blackhole and few others but still the same sluggishness and shit quality with IPTV on this box. I need a proper box mainly where IPTV will work flawlessly and ill get all the epg showing as well as I can plug my satellite aerial into it.

If using open vix try willobuild only installs plugins what's needed and not as bloated as other images runs on my os mini smoothly and runs iptv really well

I'm currently running a VU duo2 on OpenVix with a dual DVB-S2 tuner, a single Hybrid DVB-C tuner and also IPTV and before the IPTV busts it was working perfectly no complaints at all

I have a Vu+ Duo but issue with these Enigma2 boxes is there dont work very well with IPTV and its been advised there not designed for IPTV

Last edited:
you will run into a lot of people saying this device is better than that device, it all depends on what you want from your system, if you want the look/feel of sly/vm Enigma2 is your best option if you just want IPTV & dont care about the interface then many will say android but whoever told you Enigma2 isn't good at IPTV has miss informed you, Enigma2 wouldn't be so popular IF they couldn't handle IPTV.
If you decide to sell your E2 place in the for sale section & give me a heads up as I may take it off your hands (to run IPTV)

Obviously the interface and look is important but ive tried several test lines with different IPTV providers and still seem to be getting shit results with this box where its lagging, out of synch, sluggish, shit quality, etc. Also after using this box for satellite c and n lines as well as vm at the moment theres always issues with epg only showing for certain channels and it crashing. It might be the Vu+ Duo box and possibly storage which is causing the issues.

Back