Cable/sat what channels are available?

Better to hold off with these boxes awhile, to see how things go regarding 28e, I am gonna give it a few weeks myself, as for iptv being behind, it should be seconds not minutes, my hd is 25 secs behind and my FHD sports is 40 secs behind, I have compared the streams to Sky De sports1 on sat when football has been on.

Sky Docu HD
Star Gold HD
Sky Sports Arena HD
Eurosport 1 HD
Eurosport 2 HD
Sky One HD
E4 HD
Sky Sports News HD
Sky Sports Football HD
Sky Sports Golf HD
Sky Nature HD
Fox HD
Sky Sports Mix HD
Sky Sports Cricket HD
Sky Sports NFL HD
Sky Sports F1 HD
Sky News HD
Sky Comedy HD
Sky Crime HD
Nat Geo HD
Sky Animation HD
Syfy HD
Dave HD
EI HD
Sky History 2 HD
Sony TV
Sony SAB
Sony Max 2
Sony Max HD
Star Plus
Star Bharat
Star Gold
Sky Sports Racing HD
Sky Witness HD
Sky Atlantic HD
Sky Arts HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Crime+Inv HD
Sky History HD
Sky Action HD
Sony Tv HD
Star Plus HD
Sky Sports PL HD
Sky Sports Main Event HD
Discovery HD
Sky Hits HD
More 4 HD
Film 4 HD
Sky ScFi/Hor HD
Sky Greats HD
Sky Drama HD
Sky Disney HD
Sky Comedy Cinema HD
TCM Movies
W HD
Sky Premier HD
Sky Transformers HD
Sky Family HD
Sky Thriller HD
Cartoon Net HD
STV HD
Alibi HD
Gold HD
BT Sport ESPN HD
BT Sport 1 HD
BT Sport 2 HD
BT Sport 3 HD
Nick Jr + 1
B4U Movies
B4U Music
RTE 2
ColorsCineplex
Colors
ColorsRishtey

Box prices from about £110 to £160 depending on what model you get. As an example the DRS2 4K is £159 and once you update the firmware you get free access to the ******** server for 3 years which clears the above channels and many more on different sats. Only cost initially is the box.

cons - no fancy bouquet or fully populated epg, viark DRS2 4K not the best for motorised dish viark Sat 4K better.
- sat 4K not android (DRS2 is android)
So i enquired today on bay. Box is supplied with factory software. The “firmware” you mentioned where can instructions be found. I realise its early days and it could be short lived but watching sports on iptv (delay) is not same as watching in real time. Any help would be much appreciated.

There is no real issue with delay apart from few seconds on IPTV compared to sat.

Dont get why people get so worked up about delay in sports.
Imagine someone telling you the full story line of a suspense movie before you watch it. The delay varies sometimes 40 secs sometimes more on fhd. Its not the same as a live connection. Not for me anyway

Fair enough.

Good luck in finding the required box to get the channels on sly uk.

Bare in mind these may only last short term with potential encryption changing. So if you have motorised setup then its more worth getting such a box.

Fair enough.

Good luck in finding the required box to get the channels on sly uk.

Bare in mind these may only last short term with potential encryption changing. So if you have motorised setup then its more worth getting such a box.
Fair point and I agree its better to wait than splash out.

So i enquired today on bay. Box is supplied with factory software. The “firmware” you mentioned where can instructions be found. I realise its early days and it could be short lived but watching sports on iptv (delay) is not same as watching in real time. Any help would be much appreciated.
The firmware is available freely on the internet using the boxes I mentioned as an example for the sat 4K you would search for PT VIARK SAT 4K 1.03 and for the DRS2 4K you would search for PT VIARK DRS2 4K 1.02 no instructions required just format a usb to fat32 plug it in the box and update the firmware ensure it’s connected to your network and that’s it.
However due to the changes due to be implemented by sky i would not recommend taking a punt on any of these boxes just now as it could all go dark pretty soon (on 28.2 anyway)

The firmware is available freely on the internet using the boxes I mentioned as an example for the sat 4K you would search for PT VIARK SAT 4K 1.03 and for the DRS2 4K you would search for PT VIARK DRS2 4K 1.02 no instructions required just format a usb to fat32 plug it in the box and update the firmware ensure it’s connected to your network and that’s it.
However due to the changes due to be implemented by sky i would not recommend taking a punt on any of these boxes just now as it could all go dark pretty soon (on 28.2 anyway)
Top man. And good luck with the euros

Imagine someone telling you the full story line of a suspense movie before you watch it. The delay varies sometimes 40 secs sometimes more on fhd. Its not the same as a live connection. Not for me anyway

you do realise that even the live sat/cable channels are still behind from the actual event taking place.
if you listen to commentary of a game on the radio then you'll see that the tv channel is still behind, it's just that IPTV is a little more behind than the live tv channel, which in turn is a little behind of the actual event.

I still don't get why being even a minute behind live matters that much unless someone is sitting next to you listening to the radio and telling you when someone scores.
I can understand recording a full match whilst you are out and not wanting to know the score because you're going to watch the whole thing when you get home, but for 60 seconds ?

people get alerts on the phones and stuff so they will get a text to say someone scored a minute before it happens on IPTV lol
just disable the notifications for couple of hours end of the day it saves you 100 dollars a month or so for the hassle.

In spain you can see a whole street of bars and they all cheer at different times depending on where the IPTV is from lmfao.

Figure this one out, i've heard of people trying to get the broadcaster's live feed so they can try and place a bet before the bookies get a chance to update the scores, etc. More like cheating I think.

and that would still be behind the actual live event :)
The issue is phones/whatsapp groups. Spoils the moment. Modern day fans like to watch virtually together. Being milideconds behind live event is no issue. Ive been in live stadiums and the official notifications are spot on (not minute behind like iptv)

The firmware is available freely on the required just format a usb to fat32 plug it in the box and update the firmware ensure it’s connected to your network and that’s it.
However due to the changes due to be implemented by sky i would not recommend taking a punt on any of these boxes just now as it could all go dark pretty soon (on 28.2

Last edited:
Back