Chopper ( remember these )

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
choppermk1.jpg

Moh always wanted one of these as a kid but unfortunately didnt get one but today i bought one a very old one in great nick :happy: the only thing is that i cant ride the bloody thing im too big lol but glad i got it :happy:

where i come from you where classed as a "Snob" if you had one of them ! never owned a bike in my life

The mark 1 of the chopper is a collectors item ally who would have thought,i got mine today for pratically nothing :) ill give it to my daughter when i have it sorted,she already has her eye on it and shes only 5 :)

lol when i was a kid we couldnt afford such luxuries so my dad ( like lots of dads) decided to "build" me one with bits of old bikes and painted it a similar colour to the one above. We lived on a council estate and although it was not a real chopper i still had to lock it in the garage coz someone would have nicked it lol!
But yes in the 70's Choppers were the in thing and if you didnt have one you werent "cool"

Cjoppers were and still are the coolest bike ever, never owned one, and I too, like Tamarc have never owned a brand new bike.irelandflag

ya remember them well moh, they were always my dream bike
and that is all it was( a dream)
like so many of us here

Jasus moh, that brought me back!

I always wanted one too but never got to live that dream.

One of my buddies had one way back when we were in school & he was the envy of everyone.

I too never got to own a new bike but had many that were all self built.

How times have changed?

What would be in the average kids bedroom now?

TV (With cable service by the way)
DVD Player
Eurovox or equivalent (or maybe even a Cyclone ;) )
Sound system
PC, Laptop or Netbook? along with a half dozen pen drives (all needed for school of course ;) )
XBox (including all the latest accessories, games and a live subscription. not to mention a platter of Microsoft points)
Playstation (including all the latest accessories & games)
Nintendo DS\lite, Wii's
iPod
iPod Video
Landline (maybe)
GHD's (expensive hair straighteners)
20,000 out of fashion mobile phones including at least one touch phone model.

And all I wanted was a Raleigh Chopper. :beg: :(

This generation have little to aspire too really? god help them

Thanks for that little trip down memory lane moh (y)

-

i was one of the lucky one's to have got chopper bike for xmas as a kid, i taught i was
the bee's nd ee's, though my memory serves me right all my mates had bmx's, and racer's
god those were the days cheers moh remember it well..;)

There was one spoilt kid in our area who had one.

We used to trade sweets for a shot on the bike. The fecker wouldnt give us a go on it for nothing lol

One of my buddies had one way back when we were in school & he was the envy of everyone.

How times have changed?

DVD Player
Sound system
PC, Laptop or Netbook? along with a half dozen pen drives (all needed for school of course ;) )
XBox (including all the latest accessories, games and a live subscription. not to mention a platter of Microsoft points)
Nintendo DS\lite, Wii's
iPod
iPod Video
Landline (maybe)

-

No bothers Gman,i can totally relate to your reply,i too was one of those kids,didnt get my beloved chopper,i remember putting a bike together and putting a small wheel on front adding something to the seat and presto i had my chopper ;)

How times have changed?

DVD Player
Sound system
Nintendo DS\lite, Wii's
iPod
iPod Video
Landline (maybe)

-

god you been in my sons room lol! oh sorry he not got GHD's coz he's hair is not long enoguh and knowing my george he would burn himself lol! oh and the landline gone coz he never used it, But yes your right at least 80% of teenagers now have most of that in their rooms - and yes he did have a box til they died lol! now he got freeview tv instead lol!
But when you tell them what we had as kids they laugh, if i tell him my dad made me a makedo chopper he laughs, no i never had a real bike but he on the other hand has had about 4!! kids they dont know how lucky they are!!!

Back