Covid19 Vaccination

If someone feels it's too rushed for them to have confidence in it based on what they've read and understand of the vaccine then that's their perogative.

That's the whole point, it's a personal preference with each person entitled to decide if and when they've got sufficient trust in the vaccine. Nobody is saying that you should wait, just that they may chose to wait, as is their right.
I support your point that its peoples "right" , but given that we need to try and get to a "herd immunity" situation , the more people refuse to take it the longer the pandemic will be with us, as has already been stated by another poster.
So , in my opinion there needs to be consequences for either taking it or refusing it.
Public transport , bus , train, air travel , can we initiate a requirement that you can't travel on public transport unless you can prove you have been vaccinated ?
Similarly , supermarkets,pubs,restaurants,leisure centres . libraries , can we do the same thing ?
That surely would make more people climb off the fence and take the vaccine.

If someone feels it's too rushed for them to have confidence in it based on what they've read and understand of the vaccine then that's their perogative.
It's everyone's perogative whether they have it or not, no one will be forced.
But if they are basing their decisions on what some 12 year old American said on Facebook then they're idiots.
All the correct information is online from respected sources

It's everyone's perogative whether they have it or not, no one will be forced.
But if they are basing their decisions on what some 12 year old American said on Facebook then they're idiots.
All the correct information is online from respected sources

Just a couple of months ago you were subscribing to those very myths, now anyone hesitant to make up their minds about being vaccinated faces your wrath?

Screenshot_20201209-202556_Samsung Internet.jpg

I support your point that its peoples "right" , but given that we need to try and get to a "herd immunity" situation , the more people refuse to take it the longer the pandemic will be with us, as has already been stated by another poster.
So , in my opinion there needs to be consequences for either taking it or refusing it.
Public transport , bus , train, air travel , can we initiate a requirement that you can't travel on public transport unless you can prove you have been vaccinated ?
Similarly , supermarkets,pubs,restaurants,leisure centres . libraries , can we do the same thing ?
That surely would make more people climb off the fence and take the vaccine.
Personally I think the "leverage" used will be foreign holidays, no vaccine - no overseas travel.

Personally I think the "leverage" used will be foreign holidays, no vaccine - no overseas travel.
Yep , they will market it as a reward for taking it rather than a penalty for not I think , but given the amount of people who seem to believe the ridiculous anti vac stories on social media , there has to be way to make/persuade people to take it.

Yep , they will market it as a reward for taking it rather than a penalty for not I think , but given the amount of people who seem to believe the ridiculous anti vac stories on social media , there has to be way to make/persuade people to take it.

It's yet to be seen how many people refuse it - I'm sure as they work their way through the groups they'll have a better idea of the amount of opposition to it. Sometimes reading social media can give a false impression too.

Just a couple of months ago you were subscribing to those very myths, now anyone hesitant to make up their minds about being vaccinated faces your wrath?

View attachment 56756
No wrath and they sound like they've already made up their minds based on rumours.

I still think the figures are exaggerated. ..during most of November we were told quarter of a million per week were testing positive

But it's not a coin flip.

This vaccine has gone through all the clinical trials any vaccine goes through and is from a family of vaccines with a track record.

Some took only 2 days to make as the process is so established.

Hypothetically it could have the side effect of curing bowel cancer.

Expect that's just made up.

Presenting it as a drug that may or may not cause effects like Parkinson's without even attempting to weight the two outcomes is incredibly lazy at best

What are you getting at? It's down to personal preference. Some people feel it's rushed some feel it's not and are happy to go ahead. Regardless, good luck with your Jab on the weekend.

I was in two minds.

I've had covid with zero side effects.

For me it was a question of is the vaccine safe and am I civic minded enough to take it for others benefit.

On balance after looking into it I am confident and civic minded enough to go for it.

I would not blame others for not taking it. But would ask we are careful in the messages we promote

No wrath and they sound like they've already made up their minds based on rumours.

Your reaction to a particularly mild post expressing someone's opinion that he wasn't planning to be vaccinated was interpretated by several people as abusive.

I still think the figures are exaggerated. ..during most of November we were told quarter of a million per week were testing positive

One minute you are all for the Vaccine and ready to go. Now you believe you've been lied to about the numbers. Great logic lol

If people dont want to vaccine then you cant force it upon them. Whether there will be consequences from the government and other bodies for people not being vaccinated, we will have to wait and see.

It shouldn't need to be said every time there is a thread on here debating something, but it seems to be the same faces again and again making snide personal remarks, instead of just debating the points made.
I have said it before, and I will say it one more time, any personalising of debates will lead to a week ban.

It shouldn't need to be said every time there is a thread on here debating something, but it seems to be the same faces again and again making snide personal remarks, instead of just debating the points made.
I have said it before, and I will say it one more time, any personalising of debates will lead to a week ban.

I thought self isolating was 10 days to 14 days :unsure: :unsure: :LOL:

Back