Covid19 Vaccination

My sister in law and her hubby are having this amusing attempt to spend
the New Year in Tenerife.
All this follows on from 3 previously cancelled tenerife bookings so far this year. I've tried to say why not leave it until next year but they are the type that will not accept that maybe the beach isn't as important as everybody else's health.
So she originally booked to fly from newcastle new years eve , she was instructed to book both of em in for a test no longer than 72hrs before they fly. That in itself was pain because the test was booked for a sunday , monday is a bank holiday and she flies early on the tuesday morning .Test results take 48hrs and you cant fly without em.
Now she has had word that the flight is cancelled so they offered her a flight from manchester. So she drives up to newcastle airport has the tests ( 120 pounds each ) , then drives to manchester airport at 2.00am whilst sweating on the test results.
Now today she has email from the airline saying Tenerife is now back on the restricted destination list. So on return , she and husband hves to have a test again 120 each , then go home and isolate for 5 days EVEN IF THE RESULT IS NEGATIVE, at the end of 5 days she has to have another test and if results are negative she can go back to work. So she has to use an extra weeks holiday entitlement for the isolation period.
Bearing in mind Tenerife has a curfew from 11.00pm so all the bars shut , I said what is the point , but he wont listen , sod the money he says I am desperate for a break in the sun.
Without the government coming out and saying it , surely they dont want brits going abroad and they dont want others coming here, which is why they are putting all these obstacles in the way. Why people cant just do without a trip is beyond me.

They got to isolate for two weeks when they return:
Wrong pic attached.
The rules changed today for Canary Islands

Attachments

• 1_0_1_5640_5040_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20201211154537.jpg
    1_0_1_5640_5040_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20201211154537.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 6
They got to isolate for two weeks when they return:
Wrong pic attached.
The rules changed today for Canary Islands
Have you got a link to the 14 day thing please ? I just
looked on .gov site and it does say 14 days , I dont know where the airline got 4 days from ?

Last edited:
It's only been on news channels for the past hour or so.
Govt site usually correct.
Canaries has been put back on the "risky" list but in past few hours they've also cut the isolation down from 14 days to 10

Went for mine today after they cancelled all care workers jabs on Saturday

Process is extremely thorough and probably overkill, huge number of staff and protocols involved. Sat in front of 5 people in total in five different chairs.

They are not processing a huge number of people at a time atm.

I expect things will change, I heard conversations about things that were not quite working between staff.

why take something you dont need, we all have the right to refuse , dont be pressured into something you dont feel good about doing , all the media driven bullshit is part of the farce.
Really ? Could you provide some evidence as to how "we don't need " the vaccine? and how about something to back up the "media driven bullshit " statement. There are literally millions of infected people who would disagree with you , Macron for example am sure if he was reading this he'd would be shaking his head along with the rest of us.

in terms of personal safety, most people do not need the vaccine

i had zero symptoms, the vast majority of people i know who have had the virus, including many frail 90yo folk had zeo symptoms.

there are risks and benefits.

the benefits are protection for yourself from a potentially deadly and debilitating illness and the protection of your loved ones.

the risks are bad reactions to the vaccine.

i've seen data which suggest that the risk of the vaccine is around 1/10th of the risk of penicillin. if that outweighs the benefits so be it.

personally, i took the vaccine as my dad is very vulnerable, my missus is and i work with vulnerable people. covid to me personally is not scary, but i'm happy to take on a tiny risk to give really good protection to the people i love and care for.

different people will have different profiles.

but please do your own research. the phrase 'media driven' smacks of someone who has ingested too many facebook memes.

why take something you dont need, we all have the right to refuse , dont be pressured into something you dont feel good about doing , all the media driven bullshit is part of the farce.
I completely agree, just make sure you put it in writing that you don't want any medical care if you catch the virus, and you will be responsible for the cost of anyone you may give the virus to.
Selfishness is a very common and bad trait of too many people in England, I'm alright jack.

I’ll definitely be telling everyone to have this
Had covid bug in October it attacked my kidney to my stomach also
Fluid on my lungs which eventually caused Infection on lungs causing them to inflate like a balloons
I went from 11 stone to 9.5
Still fighting the lung infection now
I was like everyone else its a bug ffs
Supposed to go costa del sol with kid missus but flight cancelled
I was saying id rather have it over there then here

I boxed for years so was fitter than most who had contracted with bad heart problems lungs diabetes ect so thought would pass like any other bug I’ve had

When it gets in to you instead passing through it attacks everywhere ya
Probably didn’t help me carrying on as normal
I was one them it’s a cold ffs
It’s deadly if gets in and attacks

Last edited:
I completely agree, just make sure you put it in writing that you don't want any medical care if you catch the virus, and you will be responsible for the cost of anyone you may give the virus to.
Selfishness is a very common and bad trait of too many people in England, I'm alright jack.
I always think of that Peter Sellers film when I see the anti this and that posts.

My Grandad's 92, he's going for the first injection on Tuesday and the follow up a fortnight later. He still has all his faculties, got out and about most days before covid and can't wait to get some sort of social life back. I just hope the rest of the country gets back to some sort of normality soon after and he gets to enjoy life long enough to make up for the 9 months of life he's been keeping safe and staying home.

Personally I think we will all have to get it eventually. Think gov will tell people they can't fly without it, children will have to get it to attend school etc. Just think the way it's been reported has led people not to believe it, if they reported the facts about it and not speculation everyone would get the vaccine. I remember when it was in wuhan the rumours it was making people drop dead in the street and hospitals having to be built just to burn the bodies lol. Even now on the news when you see covid deaths it says underneath, "if they had a positive rest with 28 days". Even getting hit by a bus counts as a covid death which is crazy

Well said! I won’t be taking the government’s experimental VAX without liability either, a virus type they can’t even reliably test for. I can imagine your feelings if you’re a fit and healthy young person being asked to have a poison injection exposing you to all sorts of health risks when your immune system can easily fight off flu virus. The main stream media have been ordered by the government not to be critical of their experimental vax and maybe that’s why nothing is being said about there being little confidence by the manufacturers that it will stop the volunteers (guinea pigs) spreading the virus after injected.

Back