Covid19 Vaccination

Hmmm an interesting one, their going to share the date with other EU countries but if its not mandatory then what's the reasoning behind this?? They can't stop peoping travelling surely? Can't wait for this one to unfold.

I think certain countries will refuse non-vaccinated international travelers for the short term, other countries might accept them but possibly with a requirement to isolate for a time on arrival as is the case now.

Its an individuals right at the end of the day not to take the vaccine if they choose to.

They cant enforce some sort of punishment for such individuals not taking a vaccine. Could see major backlash as well.

Then you have issue of data protection as well here.

It won't be seen as a punishment though, although everyone knows it is - it'll be dressed up as a measure to prevent the spread and protect others.

It won't be seen as a punishment though, although everyone knows it is - it'll be dressed up as a measure to prevent the spread and protect others.

Ye spot on mate

TBH I cant see the isolation period of people coming abroad to countries stopping for a long time even where they are vaccinated.

I just think, how can they stop people coming into their countries who haven't been vaccinated? I see that as a punishment, not that they give a feck about that lol but surely if people are passing covid tests before entering another country then surely it wouldn't hold up? I'm guessing their going to make whatever rules they want to protect their own people.

Lets not forget this new strain of covid is rapidly increasing infections, you would hope the vaccine can be adjusted somewhat with this new strain.

Alot of countries have banned UK travellers to their country already.

I just think, how can they stop people coming into their countries who haven't been vaccinated? I see that as a punishment, not that they give a feck about that lol but surely if people are passing covid tests before entering another country then surely it wouldn't hold up? I'm guessing their going to make whatever rules they want to protect their own people.
It'll be part of the flight or ferry booking procedure.
Vaccinated? No = no ticket, if yes, what's the number on your vaccination record?
Fares non refundable to those providing false vaccination status

A lot will depend on the percentage who decline/refuse the vaccination. If it's say 10% for example, that shouldn't have a huge bearing overall as theoretically 90% of the population will be immune, and the health service can cope with the proportion of that 10% who might require hospital treatment at any one time.

A lot will depend on the percentage who decline/refuse the vaccination. If it's say 10% for example, that shouldn't have a huge bearing overall as theoretically 90% of the population will be immune, and the health service can cope with the proportion of that 10% who might require hospital treatment at any one time.
For the original covid strain it was estimated that 70% herd immunity would get us over the line.

With the new strain, if the estimates of increased transmission hold, then that number jumps to 80%

For simply(!) easing the strain on the NHS then the policy of prioritising the vulnerable will achieve that much earlier

Uptake amongst care home staff anecdotally has not been great and if it's a barometer of how Facebook members generally see the vaccine then it's not promising for herd immunity being achieved

Uptake amongst care home staff anecdotally has not been great

Has there been any attempt to get staff to disclose to the employer whether they've been vaccinated or not? It's an unusual situation as health, alongside finances, is traditionally something people in the UK are afforded most privacy over but obviously in the care sector there's a different perspective on that privacy with the health of care users at risk.

Consent forms and bookings are done via care homes - once we say we want the vaccine the manager is allocated a block of appointments - it's all done via the homes, and we are asked for vaccination records once we've had them. There's nothing to stop someone booking and not turning up and then flim-flamming. Most people declining have been upfront where I work, and in other places in familiar with.

At the moment there is no pressure on staff from above

I suppose if all the residents/patients of such places are vaccinated then the importance of staff being vaccinated lessens.

w all knew it would go down this route, the governments wont make a vaccine compulsory , but they will let other buisness do there dirty work . like ryanair who have aired a new ad this week with the heading " jab and go ", i have contacted them about this and they replied with " it,s just a marketing strategy and not to take it personally "...quantus have also opted for requiring vaccination before they let you fly with them .as for spain keeping records of non vaccinated people, other countries will follow,, rsetriction after restriction will follow that. i myself wont be taking a vaccine " nothing to do with whats in ,whats not in it. i am in perfect healt and dont need it.

i myself wont be taking a vaccine " nothing to do with whats in ,whats not in it. i am in perfect healt and dont need it.
What a strange thing to say. It's preventative, it's not a treatment, it's to stop the illness not to cure it.
If you mean you are healthy enough to survive it then that's a different matter. Just so long as everyone you are related to and work with are equally as healthy then no one has anything to worry about

w all knew it would go down this route, the governments wont make a vaccine compulsory , but they will let other buisness do there dirty work . like ryanair who have aired a new ad this week with the heading " jab and go ", i have contacted them about this and they replied with " it,s just a marketing strategy and not to take it personally "...quantus have also opted for requiring vaccination before they let you fly with them .as for spain keeping records of non vaccinated people, other countries will follow,, rsetriction after restriction will follow that. i myself wont be taking a vaccine " nothing to do with whats in ,whats not in it. i am in perfect healt and dont need it.

I guess this development from Spain has come at a good time for people you and others who share your opposition to the vaccination, as you now have someone to direct your 'I won't be forced to have it' argument at?

Back