Crypto currencies

i use both blockchain and coinbase.

buy ether on either and exchange for other coins on the exchanges.

bitfinex have changed from straight registration to invite only but nobody can yet figure out how you can invite people as an existing member :grin:

Yeap, the whole thing seems to be on a go slow at the moment.
I've been waiting days for a simple verification (still waiting) to open a account at a few exchanges.
Others have shut the door lol

bitfinex and kraken are inaccessible for me at the minute.

they dont seem to be coping very well with the influx of new buyers :grin:

i use both blockchain and coinbase.

buy ether on either and exchange for other coins on the exchanges.

bitfinex have changed from straight registration to invite only but nobody can yet figure out how you can invite people as an existing member :grin:
Yes, noticed about the "invite " only lol

i sent a bitcoin payment 3 days ago, the transaction has had 100's of confirms but the recipient still hasn't updated saying they have received them, things seem awfully slow. Was going to buy more bitcoins this morning and maybe exchange some to ethereum but may don't know how long it's all going to take

That's very unusual, to have multiple confirmations without the funds being received? Sounds like something isn't right.
The delays without using a high miners fee at the moment are pretty bad and in my opinion will probably be why Bitcoin will end up being worthless.

I see that Coinbase has added Bitcoin Cash to their app over the last couple of days, up 100% in a week while Bitcoin takes a bit of a hammering the past 24 hours or so.

I see that Coinbase has added Bitcoin Cash to their app over the last couple of days, up 100% in a week while Bitcoin takes a bit of a hammering the past 24 hours or so.
Yea, bitchain.info has added bitcoin cash, I assume this is a spin off from bitcoin.

it was a product of the first hard fork.

anyone holding btc got bcc for free depending on how much they had.

Yes exactly, it forked a few months ago but Coinbase chose not to support it, they gave quite a detailed explanation at the time but it looks like they decided to go with it.
That said, they've just suspended BCC 'trading' due to possible insider trading. It did strike me as strange that Bitcoin Cash had jumped so much prior to the coinbase decision being made public along with the drop in Bitcoin, my guess is that a number of employees traded their Bitcoin for Bitcoin Cash.

Was just about to write about bitcoin cash but see a few if you have already seen it there.. is it a goer or stick with bitcoin ya think?

is it a goer or stick with bitcoin ya think?

The only advice I would ever give is don't listen to any advice. There is no substitute for learning as much about an investment as possible.

If it were me, I'd only ever invest as much as I could afford to very comfortably lose in anything so volatile as all the cryptos currently are.
General advice online suggests diversifying but investments should be long term otherwise it's just gambling. Most crypto values are now tied in to Bitcoin in that when it pops, they will likely all pop as well and it is, in my opinion, the currency that rebounds best that will be king and that will be based on actual usability of the currency rather than who got there first.
You could easily make a fortune in Bitcoin still, but when it does pop, which it will at some point, I honestly don't think it will rebound like some of the others due to the well publicised issues with making transactions. Just because you are first, does not make you the best, just ask Friends Reunited.

Bad day at the office for recent coinbase users like myself. Bitcoin taking a daily hit.
Aye, mine has taking a bashing in the last few days.
Sit tight, it's a game that should be played with "disposable money"

Finally managed to get a kraken account and moved some ether there today from coinbase.

Looking to buy some ripple when the price stabilises

i've got bitcoin (negligable now) bitcoin cash and euthereum and they've all dropped against the pound in past 24 hours. I only invested a small amount so monetary value not great.

i've got bitcoin (negligable now) bitcoin cash and euthereum and they've all dropped against the pound in past 24 hours. I only invested a small amount so monetary value not great.
Have a look at a few other coins, only problem is you will end up with loads of accounts on different exchanges, which is a nightmare getting at the moment. Demand is very high to get an account with verification taking a while if you get it lol.
Check out "coin market cap"

Have a look at a few other coins, only problem is you will end up with loads of accounts on different exchanges, which is a nightmare getting at the moment. Demand is very high to get an account with verification taking a while if you get it lol.
Check out "coin market cap"
Just took a look at coin market cap and out for the 'top 100' crypto currencies on three have improved in last 24 hours LOL. Not sure the boss will let me invest any more at the moment, imagine the response 'Hey darling, I think we should invest some more in crypto currencies, we've only lost 35% in past 2 days so it's definitely a sure thing and something we need to put more into'

Just took a look at coin market cap and out for the 'top 100' crypto currencies on three have improved in last 24 hours LOL. Not sure the boss will let me invest any more at the moment, imagine the response 'Hey darling, I think we should invest some more in crypto currencies, we've only lost 35% in past 2 days so it's definitely a sure thing and something we need to put more into'
Lol, it's definitely a volatile market

Back