Enigma2 Box With VIX Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes 1.38 is ok as i read the tut again and see the ipk was for 1.35a which must not now be used with new images as i got you to download 1.38 and put both files in and box now works,you can edit out the non working 1.35a by using the buttons underneath.you will see the difference in a working box now lol

@ wheelo with new images now do not use ipk files as they seem to feck up things lol,download plugins --softcams-select cam 1.38 for nlines or 2.30 for cccam let box reboot,then load your
mgcamd and newcamd list into var/etc for use with nlines.

1.38 best for twin tuner boxes.

might be your line not entered correctly
Yeah, well I mentioned above I previously just used skybox so went with cws = and then the line I was provided with. I'm not sure which bits I have to edit out exactly in the example above. I see it references an IP address for example. I'm not sure if I need that?

Any help on that would be great. I can't be far off now.

It's an nline.

I have changed it to cws = and then the same format that would normally work on a skybox. I've tested the line at testious and it is working, but there's got to be something wrong because all pay channels are still blank.

Take out all the "keep alive" stuff so the newcamd.list file is completely blank.

Paste in your line as CWS = blah blah, save it and ftp it to the box.

The newcamd.list is now as recommended. I have also restarted the router and the box, as well as the softcam. It's obviously on the network, as I am able to FTP and the network is on the internet as I am able to post these desperate cries for help!

Still nothing. I'm a bit baffled.

Create your own newcamd.list file

Open a file in notepad, use "save as" call it newcamd.list and the change the file type to "ALL"

Open it and paste in your line. Try loading that in case there is a problem with the file.

my CWS = was in capitals, don't know if that makes a difference, there is a space either side of the equals sign too.

You definitely got an N line off your server ? not a C line ?

Last edited:
ok im really stuck and now desperate for some help. I am a total newbie but trying to learn. I have got a vu+duo box which came installed with vix from wos. I have followed this tutorial but im stuck. I think I may have installed the wrong files initially as I believe I have an nline not a cline so I thought I deleted everything and started again but in my softcam manager I see both CCcam 2.2.1 and MGcamd.1.35a and im not sure they are both supposed to be there.

I started again and I have installed enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk to the tmp file and mg_cfg to the var/keys folder and finally newcamd.list to the var/keys folder too. Im not sure if this is right either. Should I be getting paid for channels? I also followed the parts for the epg but it still looks the same as before. Im just so frustrated with it all. I was promised help by servers when I asked for one but so far im really struggling to get that help and im at my wits end.

Please help.

Create your own newcamd.list file

Open a file in notepad, use "save as" call it newcamd.list and the change the file type to "ALL"

Open it and paste in your line. Try loading that in case there is a problem with the file.

my CWS = was in capitals, don't know if that makes a difference, there is a space either side of the equals sign too.

You definitely got an N line off your server ? not a C line ?

As far as a newcamd.list n basic format goes, I am quite familiar as I have set loads of friends up on Skybox.

I have always previously had cline, although I suspect the supplier has just 'sold on' and this time I got an nline. I have asked then to confirm that it is definitely an nline.

---------- Post Merged at 08:17 PM ----------

The supplier says that they only do nlines (???) but to install as a cline. What do you reckon? In fairness the supply has been pretty good for a long time on about ten lines.

spy bee i could try your line on my duo to see if it works as mine uses nline but it would be in about 1 hr as box is recording,if it works on other box should be the same with this,on other box can you check what cams are loaded/in use? pm the line dont post if you wish

@ carolwat i do think now the first post tut has changed as the ipk files are not needed and to delete those files 1.35a and 2.2.1 via the blue button and enter softcam manager.when done go to menu-plugins---download plugins-green button ,look for softcams as your running duo with nline you need 1.38 select and install.

did you grab that guide from over there??for pc or lappy might make more sense

HTML:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

ok im back spy-bee power off your box as i will try your line,i flashed a solo with 108 used NO ipk file downloaded softcam and used filezilla to send 2 files to var/keys

remove lan cable also please

will do that now. I'm off to bed now, early start tomorrow, so sorry for not hanging round for results.

Literally give me two minutes

line works in my box as you gave me.

sometimes when things go wrong i start again by reflashing box new images out today lol,download softcams ,then ftp both files to var/keys.

Last edited:
line works in my box as you gave me.

sometimes when things go wrong i start again by reflashing box new images out today lol,download softcams ,then ftp both files to var/keys.

Where can I get the image and tut to reflash?

I think I should be able to do the whole process after that easily now, because I've been through it about 112 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back