Everton in Ancelotti talks

Carlo Ancelotti has reached an agreement in principle to become the next Everton manager, Sky Sports News understands.

Negotiations between Everton and Ancelotti progressed well following the Italian's arrival on Merseyside earlier on Monday.

'Ferguson has shown Everton a blueprint'
It is understood confirmation of Ancelotti succeeding Marco Silva could be announced before Wednesday's Carabao Cup quarter-final against Leicester.

Everton revealed caretaker boss Duncan Ferguson will be in charge for the visit of Brendan Rodgers' side, with the former Blues striker set to remain as part of the first-team coaching staff, should Ancelotti be appointed.

Carlo Ancelotti is the man to achieve a 'blue revolution' at Goodison Park, says former Everton striker Kevin Campbell
Ancelotti, who was sacked as Napoli manager last week, emerged as a primary target for Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright since Silva's departure on December 5.

Im not saying a word on the matter i'm on the redside of merseyside lol :ROFLMAO:(y)
Must admit big Dunc is a legend hes a likeable character thats for sure (y)

Genuinely can’t believe it. There’s been rumours amongst our fan base of Alisher Usmanov having a part in the club and potentially being announced soon, this might explain this signing.

Carlo Ancelotti: Everton appoint Italian as manager on four-and-a-half-year deal
Everton have appointed Carlo Ancelotti as their manager on a four-and-a-half-year contract.

The Italian, who was sacked by Napoli earlier this month, succeeds Marco Silva, who was dismissed by the Goodison Park club on 6 December.

Ancelotti, a three-time Champions League-winning coach, returns to English football eight and a half years after he was sacked by Chelsea
Carlo Ancelotti: Everton appoint Italian as manager on four-and-a-half-year deal

This is my opinion! Wrong manager for this team! They would have been better off keeping Duncs on for a season or two! His enthusiasm alone is worth a couple of goals a game against anybody.
This has trophy manager on it! Big names normally need big clubs! I don't mean Everton are not one, but this set of players aren't!
I watched the Caraboa Cup Quarter Final and the ground was well ramped up and I don't think he has that in his tank!

This is my opinion! Wrong manager for this team! They would have been better off keeping Duncs on for a season or two! His enthusiasm alone is worth a couple of goals a game against anybody.
This has trophy manager on it! Big names normally need big clubs! I don't mean Everton are not one, but this set of players aren't!
I watched the Caraboa Cup Quarter Final and the ground was well ramped up and I don't think he has that in his tank!

The fact you have said big Dunc for a year or 2 is quite laughable, we all love him at Everton but he’s never managed a team in his life, that’s a huge step up to make on a permanent basis.

Passion only gets you so many games before things go downhill.

Ancelotti is one of the most successful managers in world football, surely if you have the chance to get him, you’d be stupid not to. You can’t not get him just in case his passion isn’t there ffs!

The fact you have said big Dunc for a year or 2 is quite laughable, we all love him at Everton but he’s never managed a team in his life, that’s a huge step up to make on a permanent basis.

Passion only gets you so many games before things go downhill.

Ancelotti is one of the most successful managers in world football, surely if you have the chance to get him, you’d be stupid not to. You can’t not get him just in case his passion isn’t there ffs!
I did say it was my opinion! Arteta hasn't managed a club but Arsenal have given him a chance!! Koeman and Silva both had!! Changing the manager won't bring Everton into the top four FFS

I did say it was my opinion! Arteta hasn't managed a club but Arsenal have given him a chance!! Koeman and Silva both had!! Changing the manager won't bring Everton into the top four FFS

Who’s talking about top 4?

He’s signed for 4 and a half years, this is a project for that time and he will be backed with plenty of money.

The Arteta appointment is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.

Who’s talking about top 4?

He’s signed for 4 and a half years, this is a project for that time and he will be backed with plenty of money.

The Arteta appointment is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.
I don't really want to get into a argument but Koeman and Silva were both given long contracts and both given a lot of dosh to spend! I meant mid table not top four!

I don't really want to get into a argument but Koeman and Silva were both given long contracts and both given a lot of dosh to spend! I meant mid table not top four!

You think changing manager won’t bring us into mid table?

With respect you are comparing Koeman and Marco Silva to Carlo Ancelotti, there’s no argument there.

You think changing manager won’t bring us into mid table?

With respect you are comparing Koeman and Marco Silva to Carlo Ancelotti, there’s no argument there.
No argument one sacked in Italy and two sacked in the UK! Aren't you watching the match lol!!

I can watch this rubbish and type at the same time.

I think we’ll agree to disagree, we’ll soon see what happens.

Back