Get it Off Your Chest

,i have just come back from 18 holes of golf in the blistering sunshine and i think i burnt my baldy head.:drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, rules are rules i suppose, and i'm not a fan of swearing myself.
But.... I'm pretty sure that the word d@mn wouldn't offend or corrupt a child of any age. No doubt you have children yourself and I have 4, so i'm sure you know that as soon as they start school, after a few months they know every swear word under the sun.

I might be wrong but ive a feeling that the powers that be want to keep what they see as the riff raff out, particularly the ones from dk. That's fair enough, but censorship can sometimes go a wee bit too far, and if you censor everything this forum will be worse off for it, and telling me off for saying the word d@mn is quite comical.

I can see this is not a forum for me and probably for a few others too.
Unfortunate as it could be a good forum, but I think if you carry on trying to moderate posts to your very strict rules, you will loose some colourful characters and all you'll have is a sad bland site.

You can censor this post if you like, i'd be surprised if you didnt.

There is no need for that post to be censored, why would i do that.

Unfortunately due to a minor number of posters using foul language since last weekend it has become policy to remove all bad language, as i won't be accused of favouritism.

Nobody is unwelcome here, as long as people keep their language clean and don't post anything illegal or deliberately start rows with other members, we should all get along just fine.

And just because children hear all these words from a young age is no reason to set them a bad example.

Yes i do have children myself, mine are members on this site, and a number of other people here are minors too.

Sorry if you feel you haven't been made welcome here, but that's just not true.

Oooooo, its like being infront of the headmistress. :)

I agree with removing bad language, ive seen it before on other forums, it can get very out of hand and it does spoil the site.
But common sense should be used at all times and removing the word d@mn seems pretty rediculous. Anyway, i'm not gonna harp on about it.

I never said I wasnt made to feel welcome and everybody seems ok on here.
But the strict censorship rules I think will stiffle some of the sillier threads, of which i'm an expert :). Crickey it not very often I talk this serious.

Maybe in the future an over 18's section should be considered.

I apologise for setting a bad example to the young people on here and for any nightmares they might incur... ;).

That wink on the end meant it was a joke. :)

Yeah, maybe words like that are going a bit too far, i'll ask admin to do up a list of exactly which words are allowed and aren't. ;)

I'm a fan of sillier threads myself, nobody said there wasn't any fun allowed on the site.

Tell yer what Evastar, you send me some reiki vibes over and i'll try and send some sense of humour and common sense. :)

be back soon ive got to let the kids out of the cellar for their gruel. :grin:

Sorry, i though you knew the wink on the end meant it was a joke rofl

If you're looking for reiki, go post in my distant healing thread :)

always thought you were a bit snippy.lmao. know what you mean tho.i fix cars on the weekends and run accros this all the time.nice thing is now i pick and choose what jobs to do.**** me off and go somewhere else.

ive just come off ad and i a bit pi**ed off with the way fergus has been slagged off there tonight he has been a sound fella as far as im concerned
it just shows no matter how you help others you just will never please every eejit

I just read through all the posts on that other site.....

Do ya know something? you wouldn't see it in the Dáil on budget day.

It just goes to show why this board is worlds apart from others.

Everybody here is just plain "NICE" & when your "NICE" people tend to think you are weak, they can't handle it, it makes them feel inferior god help them.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

-

well i had a crappy day at work today, well i guess it was ok, but everyone is pointing the fingers at everyone else because sales are down. when they were up, everyone wanted their name metioned. And I am ****** *** that we dont have an 18+ forum! J/k thought I would cheer up this depressing rant forum! LOL

here here homie
this site could do with a over 18 thread
only accessed through the vip lounge maybe

I just read through all the posts on that other site.....

Do ya know something? you wouldn't see it in the Dáil on budget day.

It just goes to show why this board is worlds apart from others.

Everybody here is just plain "NICE" & when your "NICE" people tend to think you are weak, they can't handle it, it makes them feel inferior god help them.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

-

I don't get it? Does that mean i'm dumb?

my first rant

my first rant...

why does every one think the cable scene is a game..
why cant everyone be one happy family, and why cant everyone feed the urge to argue over boxes being fixed in ireland.
bhaaaaaaaaaa grow up some ppl..
:moon::moon:

I like what you said about being one big happy family, that's what TechKings is all about. :)

And if we can all help each other out, that's great :)

my first rant...

why does every one think the cable scene is a game..
why cant everyone be one happy family, and why cant everyone feed the urge to argue over boxes being fixed in ireland.
bhaaaaaaaaaa grow up some ppl..
:moon::moon:

thats one hell of a first rant satman lollollol

Back