Help with a Zgemma not booting up right....

have you tried reflashing on line, you will need a usb pen drive to download to before reflashing, just follow on screen instructions once its booted? I am assuming its on openATV - there may be issues flashing with vix on line - others might be able to advise on that.

Get a brand new USB, copy the zgemma folder to it on your laptop, turn off zgemma using rear power switch before inserting USB, power zgemma if box displays USB press front power button. If it says boot quickly remove the USB as the box formats the flash drive and removes the boot flag...if this happens you can't use that USB again to flash without using a tool such as hddguru

I actually started a full build myself on OpenATV 5.1 and got it 95% completed but couldn't get a softcam to install or access softcam manager so I gave up and installed a Vix build

Whoever you're giving it too would wish you'd found the softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk file and installed it instead of putting an unsupported build on...lol but at least you got there in the nick of time!!

I think you actually need a softcam manager aswell. I have a basic build from scratch on openATV 4.2 (which mine came with but now updated to 5,1)and needed a softcam manager aswell as a cam.

install this softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk then you'll be able to install the cams - note if you install mgcamd1.35 you then need to uninstall it from plugins\cams menu in order to then be able to install mgcamd 1.38. This file also enables the softcam manager no need for anything else apart from entering your line details

Back