Hello,

I have a zgemma star h.2s working with sky sd and virgin media channels (hd).

I would like to set up another box and subscribe to a line. The other box will be upstairs.

I have a few questions regarding this.

Will I be able to get FTA channels on the upstairs box? My dish is already being used by my first box.
As my dish is already being used for the first box, i wont be able to get paid and FTA sky channels will i?

If that is the case i might get a combi box and set it up via cable. - Am i right in thinking this can only give me paid virgin media channels? (which would be fine if so)

In short -
Can i have 2 boxes in my house both with paid channels and FTA? If so, how would you set this up?

Cheers!!!

Depends on your lnb ports on dish you can swap out a single or double for a quad just make sure it's the right one for your dish arm, nearly all newish dishes have a quad lnb (does the bracket have a spirit level)

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Your dish can be used multiple times as long as it is a separate wire from the lnb (piece on your dish) every dish needs it's own sat feed.

But you say you want cable upstairs? Your H2S doesn't have a cable connection so I'm assuming you had a H2H.

You can have a cable box upstairs but this would mean splitting the cable and could create signal issues. The more you split vm the weaker it gets.

You cannot split a sky wire it has to come from the dish and that is your best bet as it creates less complications. Get a new sat feed and put a h2s upstairs and you can have all the paid channels

Webmaster at http://www.everydaytips.co.uk

Depends on your lnb ports on dish you can swap out a single or double for a quad just make sure it's the right one for your dish arm, nearly all newish dishes have a quad lnb (does the bracket have a spirit level)

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

I will have a double check when i get home. But, I think the box i already have is using 2 ports.
I will have a look on my dish as well!

This is the kind of thing you can get so yes you can get something sorted
b4837f2f3a57368d89ae6655305b78fe.jpg

Webmaster at http://www.everydaytips.co.uk

You can have boxes in any room aslong as you have multiple lnb port on satellite dish I have 8 port one on my dish and using four boxes one down stairs and 3 upstairs if that helps I got mine of ebay and works fine

You can also stream from a tuner in a different box on the same network if you don't want to bother running cables to some of your boxes. Couple of threads on here about that, I think it's 'remote fallback tuner' or something.

The problem with streaming is that it is just streaming, you may as well get an IPTV subcription which would give you more options

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Streaming on a wired home network is not like streaming IPTV from the internet. Picture quality is far far better, almost perfect.

Back