How to flash Arnet Kryptview - Firmware Loading Guide / Tutorial .

Hi all, i've just got a new A780 and tried to update the firmware as stated in the 1st post. I keep getting the same problem as Finmurph (post 3) "The downloading is not requested" im using a null RS232 lead on a XP laptop. Is there a settings on the box that has to be changed to request the download. Think i might try a factory reset as i've tried everything else and im going NUTS lol. Any advise would be great. Thanks sam

hi sam

im having the same problems driving me nuts ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Added after 4 minutes:

Hi all, i've just got a new A780 and tried to update the firmware as stated in the 1st post. I keep getting the same problem as Finmurph (post 3) "The downloading is not requested" im using a null RS232 lead on a XP laptop. Is there a settings on the box that has to be changed to request the download. Think i might try a factory reset as i've tried everything else and im going NUTS lol. Any advise would be great. Thanks sam

hi sam am having the same problem:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Found out how to complete the flash on a A780

• Using the RS232 cable connect the box to the back of your computer
• Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply
• Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box
• Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish)

• The loader will open

• Click the green download button
• Another box will open saying Code Send

• Click Open…

• Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted
• Then click the Open button
• This file will now appear File box

• Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top)
• So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

• The software will start downloading

• The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round
• Wait until it says Download Success !

hope this helps.

Thanks 4 the Tutorial

Added after 5 minutes:

What Is THe Latest Firmware For The A780

Wake up and search for it, top of page marked DOWNLOADS.

Kryptview A780 latest september firmware - Downloads - TechKings

spoonfeed.jpg

Hello all.

I am a kv novice.I had no probs flashing the box and thought i was on to a winner ....... OH NO.

As much info as i can first.
system info 12/07/2009 KV pv2.3.00 hardware v2.0.0
I am hard wired into A 20mb broadband router.

Ok i power up and select auto installation . I select telepest as per my provider ( it does not ask me for any are etc ) and i hit start. It finds about 20 channels most of which say 'scrambled or n video' and the 2 or 3 i have are pixelated crazily and freezing. Any help greatly appreciated.

Added after 29 minutes:

Ok so i updated to the latest september 2010 firm ware did a mster reset and scanned again i still have very few channels and it still does not ask me for my location or anything do i need to manually input my area via the frequency or anything ? And teh picture is still awful pixelates and freezes continually, pls tell me this is not what £160 of box does?

Last edited:
update time , i have the box directly to the cable line in no splitters junctions i have the ethernet connected directly to the router the same , however my picture is still terrble pixelated and freezing every second or two can someone please offer me a suggestion my signal is about 82 when i switch on and im about ready to admit defeat with it.

I have mine sorted now, factory default first, rescan using just one provider at a time until you find the one for your area. once you have the right one you will get a TP box with various places on it. pick the one closest to your home then scan. once scanned it can take a few minutes for the channels to unscramble. if after about 10 mins you have no joy, turn your router off and restart it, that should do the trick!

hi , new to kv780, just ordered one , hopefully should be here in a day or so , i hope i can get it running , coming from the eurovox which was just plug and play , thanks for the quide , i'm sure it will help me out , page bookmarked :)

I have just ordered the Kryptview a780 and want to know if i need any special firmware to get the box working or can i just download it. I am not to good on computers. will it be easy to set up or will it be complicated to set up.

Back